View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Experience in general 
Greater Lore Drake

Post Experience in general
As I have written in the past Domesdays... we use a simple night by night award basis. InFurno is running an Ardhe based series and using the modules. We tend to turn over every rock and every side quest.. with rough experience we were gaining levels to fast for the modules... so he's switching to milestone advancement. All PCs are super close in requirements so no thief is getting screwed...

Thoughts? Advantages? Issues? Pitfalls? Worries?

Thanks, Captain_K

See you all at Origins one hopes... Stephan's 7 pm Friday big game... be there....

Sun May 19, 2019 6:19 pm
Ungern

Post Re: Experience in general
I don't think milestones work well with RPGs with XP level differentials.
AT the end of my 2e days we used blocks of XP per adventure. So a level one adventure would be 500-1000 xp, or level one of a dungeon would be 2000 or 2500xp (i think we were using the fighter xp as a baseline). That let the priest and thief (and fighter vs paladin) not feel cheated.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:26 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Post Re: Experience in general
In a game like C&C with different XP progressions, I would not use straight milestone leveling. Instead, deviate from standard XP awards. You still give XP, but you don't give as much as the party would earn BTB. This slows down leveling while still preserving class balance.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]