Turn Resistance

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
JohnD
Ungern

Turn Resistance

Post by JohnD »

Some undead are stated to have this ability. What specifically does it do and where can this information be found?

Thanks.

mmbutter
Red Cap

Re: Turn Resistance

Post by mmbutter »

The only one I saw with "Turn Resistance" is the Skeletal Warrior, and the mechanic is in the creature's description.
TURN RESISTANCE: If a cleric attempts to turn a skeletal warrior, they incur a penalty of -7 if the controller is within 100’ of the creature.

JohnD
Ungern

Post by JohnD »

The question has come up with the Draug from R3 The Black Libram of Narturus.

Edit: I'm told there are additional creatures, trying to get the information now.

mmbutter
Red Cap

Post by mmbutter »

For the Draug I would use a similar mechanic; penalty of -7 if the creature is within 100' of it's ship.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

I've seen this handled similarly to Magical Resistance when there the notation in the special abilities is "Turn Resistance (X)" and with the undead creature gaining a CL boost against the cleric's turn attempt. Optimally, there would be something in the flavor text of the creature to provide a clue.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

JohnD
Ungern

Post by JohnD »

Thanks guys.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Same thing here, just lie a paladin turns like cleric but three levels lower (aka -3) some creatures are harder to turn than their HD would indicate. So even behave differently than normal when they are turned. Does a brave Paladin turned by and Evil cleric really run in abject fear from the power of some evil god? If so, he'll need an atonement... that said, I would have the Paladin run, leave, but how far? able to think and know and pray until the duration ends the he comes running back for revenge.. but he has been successfully turned.. so the evil cleric can do it again... does he get a bonus because he's successfully done it before or does the Paladin get the bonus because he now can fight it off better?
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.