Balancing the Portal Keeper of the Tainted Lands Boxed Set

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Cyric
Skobbit

Balancing the Portal Keeper of the Tainted Lands Boxed Set

Post by Cyric »

Maybe I got something wrong. But reading through the class discription 4 or 5 times today I have the impression that the Portal Keeper can do everything a Wizard can do + Rogue Skill, 1d10 HD, better BtH, +2 on AC & Attacks (with favorite weapon) + 1 bonus spell each level (memorized as a divine spell, so no entry in the spell book neeed). And all this with 20% less experience needed.

The only thing that is not mentioned in the Portal Keeper descrition is the bonus apells for high intelligence that a wizard gets.

Am I wrong with my interpretation? Is the experience table wrong (the other classes do all need more xps than the classic classes)?

Has someone else noticed this problem and allready come up with a balancing chage to the Portal Keeper class (which is a real nice wizard/rogue breed roleplaying wise)?

Thx for you help!

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Balancing the Portal Keeper of the Tainted Lands Boxed S

Post by Treebore »

Yeah, we did something about it when we last played Tainted Lands, back in 2013. I just don't recall what we did, and apparently the folder I had it in was on my old computer and didn't get transferred.

Its possible, even probable, that I might have post it somewhere around here.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.