Wall of Fire Question

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Hex08
Skobbit

Wall of Fire Question

Post by Hex08 »

I have a question about the spell Wall of Fire and the size of the wall. In the spell description it says:

"In both cases, the wall is 20 feet tall and only 1 foot thick. The fiery wall or curtain of fire measures up to 20 feet long per caster level (up to 100 ft long at 10th level)."

If the wall is 20 feet long per caster level at 10th level it would be 200 feet, in order to be 100 Feet long at 10th level it should have to be 10 feet long per caster level. Am I missing something or is there a misprint in the description?

Boot Knife
Ungern

Re: Wall of Fire Question

Post by Boot Knife »

In this case, I would ignore the example in parenthesis. An immobile wall is 20 ft. tall and 20 ft./per level wide. A circle that follows the caster is 20 ft. tall and 10 ft. diameter per every 2 levels.
Resistance is futile.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Boot Knife wrote:In this case, I would ignore the example in parenthesis. An immobile wall is 20 ft. tall and 20 ft./per level wide. A circle that follows the caster is 20 ft. tall and 10 ft. diameter per every 2 levels.
Second this.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Be creative. If you like the cap on length, allow width or height to continue to accrue. They likely intended to keep height and width static and then forgot to correct the length...

Hex08
Skobbit

Post by Hex08 »

Thanks for the feedback, I was inclined to ignore the example in parenthesis but one of my players was thoroughly confused by this so I figured others opinions would help.