Best to Treebore

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Best to Treebore

Post by Treebore »

"Copied over from a post I made on my wife's Facebook account"...
Hello everyone, Bob here, from the VA hospital in Tucson. I found access to a computer with internet, and since I was only able to remember how to sign into my wife's FB, here I am. First, thanks to everyone who has sent their thoughts and prayers. I don't know how much Alicia has and has not said, but it has been a long, painful road, but I am very hopeful I will finally get to go back home some time this up coming week.

Why am I in the hospital? Well, it started with an ER visit (Sept 21st, I believe it was)that revealed that my Gall Bladder is pretty much shot. Which led to a surgery that ended up being more complicated than expected. Considering how unusually complicated we knew it was going to be before the first cut was even made, that's saying something. So I ended up being in Surgery for something like 7 hours.

Not too horribly bad. Then I took my first walk after the surgery. Things went really bad. I had what I believe is called a "bi lateral Pulmonary Embolism". Basically a fancy way of saying I threw two clots, one in each of my lungs. So I dropped like a sack of potatoes. I fought to remain conscious, and succeeded long enough to recall their getting me back up onto a hospital bed, using a board of some kind to get me there. I then remember them getting me out and onto the elevator to take me down to the ICU. The last thing I recall is their getting me off of the elevator and taking me through some double doors.

According to Alicia, I was essentially in a drug induced Coma for the next three days or so. She tells me I was conscious after that, but I have ZERO recollection of being conscious until approximately the 6th or 7th day after I collapsed. The drug haze I was in has me very unsure. I mostly just recall this period of time as being very crazy. The drugs they had me on had me pretty much unaware of what was reality, to be frank, I didn't have any real grasp on what reality actually was until about October 25th.

So bottom line is, I survived not only a single Pulmonary embolism, but a double barrel shotgun version of one. So, once again, but for a great amount of luck, medical professionalism, and the Grace of God, I am still here to make my wife and kids miserable.

I am now making a very strong recovery. Like I said above, I hope to even get to go home some time this week, hopefully Tuesday. I will still have a lot of recovering to do once I get home, but I will be much happier being able to do it at home instead of here at the VA. Plus, as the past has proven many times over, I recover even better at home.

Again, thank you to everyone for all of your thoughts, well wishes and prayers, I've needed them, and hopefully I will make it back home to be with my wife and kids this week.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Good to hear you're getting better Tree. Not so good to hear what ya went through...but if you're going to be using up that much karma at once, spend a little on a lotto ticket too. ;)
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

So as you guys can see, I am dong much, much better. Yes, I dodged a death spell, barely. About as barely as you can, it seems. Fortunately I still get to be here, whining, crying, etc... I think I may even be able to get back to playing next week, and maybe even back to running my games a week or two after that. Just not very sure, rehab can be a very tricky thing, and I will still have a lot to do, even if I do get to go home tomorrow.

Thanks for all the prayers, positive thoughts, energy, etc... Its very clear I needed it this time. I'm thinking I may have even made a God Call to make it past this one. I am just not sure, because I am not feeling a need to go build a new shrine, etc...
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Way to go Tree! High Con is good for any class. :)
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Wow, Tree you are one tough customer. Glad to read you are on the mend now. Take it easy though, and let that tough old body of yours do its healing!

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Good to have you back brother.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Good to hear you are on the mend! I understand about the drug haze... After my car accident Liz told me I was "awake" for about 2 weeks before my first memory of it in the hospital. Drugs can do weird things to your perceptions...even if you make the saveing throw!

Best,

Mike
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Huzzah!

Sounds scary as heck. Glad to hear it has all worked out. I am sure your family will be very happy to have you back, as are we.

PS-in your absence, Rigon has gone kill crazy, we are surrounded on all sides, can't hold out much longer, please help !

PPS- Kayolan also has us surrounded

:lol:

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Treebore wrote: I am just not sure, because I am not feeling a need to go build a new shrine, etc...
Sounds like the old one is still working great!
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

DMSamuel
Red Cap

Post by DMSamuel »

That is wonderful news tree (the recovery, not the incident that preceded it)... I have only been around for a few months, but I felt your absence on these boards and I am happy that you are recovering. Here's to a speedy recovery!
~DMSamuel
---
Actual Play Podcast (5e): D&DeBrief

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Excellent news, this!!

God Bless Treebore and family (I'm glad to know y'all!!)

Speedy recovery, Tree!!!

:)
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Mark Hall
Hlobane Orc

Post by Mark Hall »

Good luck on the continued recovery.
I don't have to have everything perfect... just good enough that the seams don't show on the monkey suit. -Me
I like that. Not going to use it because I like mine better, but I do like that idea. -Treebore, summing up most home designers' philosophy

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

Holy smokes!
get well soon Bob.

Good to "see" you back here. Enjoy your family and some much needed rest and recouperation!
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Jyrdan Fairblade
Unkbartig

Post by Jyrdan Fairblade »

Terrifying! But I'm glad to hear you made it through.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

<claps>

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Got "bummer" type news, I am going to be staying in the hospital at least 1 more week, possibly two. :(

My surgical wounds are simply too deep for them to allow me out sooner.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

This is what happens when you fail to add a cleric to your party. :D

Hopefully Murphy has departed your doorstep for the while and all will continue to go well.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:Got "bummer" type news, I am going to be staying in the hospital at least 1 more week, possibly two. :(

But do they have wifi? You can game from bed. We won't make too much fun at your expense. Well, maybe Aramis will, but he's Canadian. ;)

Get better man.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Treebore wrote:Got "bummer" type news, I am going to be staying in the hospital at least 1 more week, possibly two. :(

We'll be here to help keep you "entertained" :mrgreen:
(when you aren't resting/sleeping)
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Rigon wrote:

But do they have wifi? You can game from bed. We won't make too much fun at your expense. Well, maybe Aramis will, but he's Canadian. ;)

Get better man.

R-
I resemble that remark.

Treebore, are you sure this is not just a scheme to get double helpings of jello every night? And force Bran to keep milking the goats*?

*- Only the lady goats Bran!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:

Get better man.

R-
No, this hospital doesn't have wfi, it was the Medical University that had it.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Get better man, we've been waiting for you to get back to the game, you've been missed!

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Wow, what a Journey, I'm not sure that this is an exception to the statement, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!" Keep at it man, learn what you must, work as they tell you, and question always, you are in many ways your own best healing force. Know we're all adding our "mana" to yours. Take your time, be strong.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Silva the Everdying
Ungern

Post by Silva the Everdying »

Aramis wrote:
Rigon wrote:

Get better man.

R-
I resemble that remark.

Treebore, are you sure this is not just a scheme to get double helpings of jello every night? And force Bran to keep milking the goats*?

*- Only the lady goats Bran!

We thankfully got rid of said goats a while ago hahah, but hopefully the old man will be back home soon... He misses my Mom's home cooking waaaaay too much to stay over there for some jello! Or at least that's what he tells her. ;) :lol:

jaybird216
Lore Drake

Post by jaybird216 »

I'm glad you're still on this side of the topsoil, Tree. All the best for a speedy recovery!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

jaybird216 wrote:I'm glad you're still on this side of the topsoil, Tree.
Me too! This flirting with the other side is getting old, but as long as I keep "winning" I'll keep playing the game.

Still looking good for my getting sent home this coming Wednesday.

As for the food, it absolutely sucks here, the only reason I am surviving is because of the home cooked stuff my wife brings in to me, like today she is bringing in her home made shredded chicken Enchilada's. Between that I survive mostly on hard boiled eggs and Ensure, and the occasional dish they are able to make that actually tastes edible. Like for breakfast today they made the French Toast edible. Yesterday they made decent stuffing for dinner.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Glad to hear you will be home soon.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Totally glad to hear this Treebore.
For crying out loud, do what you can with the attributes the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I'm not going home tomorrow. I've been having some "complications". So right now I have no idea when I might go home. :(

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Treebore wrote:I'm not going home tomorrow. I've been having some "complications". So right now I have no idea when I might go home. :(
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully this is just a slight delay