Any C&C pregens out there?

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
finarvyn
Global Moderator

Any C&C pregens out there?

Post by finarvyn »

I was curious if anyone knows of any webpages which host some C&C pregen characters all statted-out and ready to play.

When I run a campaign I like to copy-paste the class abilities onto the character sheet, but if I want a one-shot game it's a lot of work for not much return.

I'm also thinking about running a C&C game at my local store for "Free RPG Day" and would like to cut out some of the work. The store owner said I could run any game I like, and C&C seemed like maybe a great option because (1) it's actually in-print and supported, and (2) I've run DCC for the past couple of years and I'd like to demo something different.
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

agent_fej
Skobbit

Re: Any C&C pregens out there?

Post by agent_fej »

Will you be running the official C&C Free RPG Day adventure ("A Druid's Lament" by Kim Hartsfield)? The book comes with stat blocks for 6 pregens and links to download the full character sheets from the TLG website. However, the links are not active yet.

I'll be running this adventure at my FLGS and was able to pick it up a couple of days ago. It's pretty good - level 6-8, fun and interesting monsters and encounters, good length for a demo. I recommend that you check it out.

As to your question, I have some pregen characters (levels 3-4) that I've downloaded from various parts of the internet. I can send them to you if you'd like.

mmbutter
Red Cap

Post by mmbutter »

I'm interested in pre-gens as well. Any way you can post them online? Or send them to me, I can whip a page to host them.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

We are working these downloadable links even now! The ones for Free RPG day should be up by Monday at some point.

Steve

agent_fej
Skobbit

Post by agent_fej »

OK, I found the ones that I have still online:

http://johnwright281.tripod.com/sitebui ... genpcs.pdf

and those same characters updated:

http://www.cncsociety.org/sitebuilderco ... ns2010.pdf

And, another set:

http://www.naturaltwenty.com/downloads/ ... regens.pdf

Enjoy!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

If you look at the online gaming threads you will often find characters posted, and often updated, so if you follow them regularly, you can get them at a variety of levels before the campaign ends.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

pawndream
Red Cap

Post by pawndream »

I posted about 20 or so 4th level pregens on the Castles and Crusades Society G+ pages a couple of months ago.

Here is a link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8WaNn ... sp=sharing

The file is best viewed in MS Excel, but you can use Open Office or even Google Docs to view the files. They are set to print out on one-page.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I hope you guys will be joining the Society and sharing them via the free files hosted there. Plus it will earn you some points.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

pawndream
Red Cap

Post by pawndream »

Treebore wrote:I hope you guys will be joining the Society and sharing them via the free files hosted there. Plus it will earn you some points.
I looked at the Knights of the Crusade page, but it seems like it is not really finished yet. Maybe I am missing something?

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

pawndream wrote:
Treebore wrote:I hope you guys will be joining the Society and sharing them via the free files hosted there. Plus it will earn you some points.
I looked at the Knights of the Crusade page, but it seems like it is not really finished yet. Maybe I am missing something?
Oh, it still needs a lot of cosmetic work, but you can still join, and submit works to share with other members for free, etc....

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Just to make sure your going to the new site, and not the old...

http://www.trolllord.com/knightsofthecr ... nights.php

Shadowslayer
Ungern

Post by Shadowslayer »

I have a bunch of basic ones I made a while back. All 1st level, a fighter, rogue, wizard and cleric of human, halfling, dwarf and elf. Just used the same array for all of them. They're nothing fancy but good if you have an unexpected newb at the table.

Pm me and ill send you the pdf if you want them.

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

agent_fej wrote:Will you be running the official C&C Free RPG Day adventure ("A Druid's Lament" by Kim Hartsfield)? The book comes with stat blocks for 6 pregens and links to download the full character sheets from the TLG website. However, the links are not active yet.

I'll be running this adventure at my FLGS and was able to pick it up a couple of days ago. It's pretty good - level 6-8, fun and interesting monsters and encounters, good length for a demo. I recommend that you check it out.

As to your question, I have some pregen characters (levels 3-4) that I've downloaded from various parts of the internet. I can send them to you if you'd like.
Thanks, Fej. :)

What are the download links for those pre-gens?

agent_fej
Skobbit

Post by agent_fej »

AGNKim wrote:
agent_fej wrote:Will you be running the official C&C Free RPG Day adventure ("A Druid's Lament" by Kim Hartsfield)? The book comes with stat blocks for 6 pregens and links to download the full character sheets from the TLG website. However, the links are not active yet.

Thanks, Fej. :)

What are the download links for those pre-gens?
You're welcome! Great work, I am looking forward to running the adventure. I am really going to play up the twisted, unnatural feel of the forest as the characters travel through it.

The links for the pregens are not working as of last evening, assuming I typed in the URLs correctly. I can easily run a character with just the stat block provided in the book but the full sheet will be better for those new to the game.