Expanded Races Line

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Hal G
Red Cap

Expanded Races Line

Post by Hal G »

We have two more coming soon...
Oasis Elves and Darklings.

That may be the end of the line for two reasons...
1) Sales have not been great, we will wait till we see all four and get a better idea.

2) Even more importantly... It is with great regret and sorrow that I have to announce that Brian Boonstra, game designer passed April 17th in his sleep.

So I may not want the line to go on, with my crazy schedule on The Awakened book line (6 books so far, with an RPG coming) and real life I loved having a writing partner to work with, losing Brian makes me half a team and until I am ready to freelance again and I find someone who is as much fun to work with as him, my work may be on hold. I canceled all future projects Brian and I were part of.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Re: Expanded Races Line

Post by Rigon »

Sorry for your loss, Hal.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Oh man, that sucks! Well, I'll definitely buy the last two, just like I've bought the others.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Peter
Red Cap

Post by Peter »

I cannot recommend buying these or the previous ones or Bluffside for that matter. A certain contributer hasn't got paid for his work as promised, and his emails are being ignored by both Hal and Doug. I'm not usually one to publicly shame someone, but asking people to buy more products when contributers for previous products haven't been compensated is a bit rude.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Peter wrote:I cannot recommend buying these or the previous ones or Bluffside for that matter. A certain contributer hasn't got paid for his work as promised, and his emails are being ignored by both Hal and Doug. I'm not usually one to publicly shame someone, but asking people to buy more products when contributers for previous products haven't been compensated is a bit rude.
:( Well I hope that will now get straightened out, post haste.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Hal G
Red Cap

Post by Hal G »

Peter wrote:I cannot recommend buying these or the previous ones or Bluffside for that matter. A certain contributer hasn't got paid for his work as promised, and his emails are being ignored by both Hal and Doug. I'm not usually one to publicly shame someone, but asking people to buy more products when contributers for previous products haven't been compensated is a bit rude.
Have you checked your email box?
I offered to pay you for Bluffside out of my pocket since I have not been paid by TLG yet, I also told you how much we made for these and thought my reply was pretty spot on and rapid.

And now sadly we won't work together anymore because of this. :(

For full disclosure here was my email to him:
Responded same day as your email was sent.

Apr 13
------
I am still waiting on pay from TLG and I just emailed them thinking like you it was about time to get us some monies....
As for the race books we have earned a total of $XXX and it costs $2.00 to remove from RPGNow so I thought better to wait till we get more, I am hoping once series 3 and 4 hit it will increase sales of 1 and 2.

I can pay you the $XX next week if it is an issue, and wait for the Trolls to send money to me. Tell me what works best for ya.

Hal

Hal G
Red Cap

Post by Hal G »

Let me add to clarify, I responded 3 minutes after you emailed me, sorry that was not quick enough for you.

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 12:33 PM, Hal Greenberg <[email protected]> wrote:

I am still waiting on pay from TLG and I just emailed them thinking like you it was about time to get us some monies....
As for the race books we have earned a total of $xxx and it costs $2.00 to remove from RPGNow so I thought better to wait till we get more, I am hoping once series 3 and 4 hit it will increase sales of 1 and 2.

I can pay you the $xx next week if it is an issue, and wait for the Trolls to send money to me. Tell me what works best for ya.

Hal

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 12:30 PM, Peter Schroeder <[email protected]> wrote:

Was wondering when I'm getting that xx for Bluffside. It's been out for quite some time now. Also was there anything earned from the race books?

Hal G
Red Cap

Post by Hal G »

And Peter, the funeral services for Brian, my best friend and one of your ex-writing partners went pretty well today, thanks for asking.

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

I know nothing of the pay issues here. But I am sorry your friend and co-creator has passed. It is good to hear his service went well and so was able to honor his life.

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

Hey I don't know anything about what's going on here, but I do want to say that I am sorry for your loss Hal. And for Peter, I don't know the extent of what has or hasn't transpired on the business end of things between you and Hal, but after discovering the death of his friend and partner, you bring up money issues on a public forum....that is poor form in my opinion. Sorry.