Kudos...I like what the Trolls have done with the place! :)

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
Shadowslayer
Ungern

Kudos...I like what the Trolls have done with the place! :)

Post by Shadowslayer »

Hey all. I took advantage of the bundle sale there a couple weeks back and got my new books in the mail today. I picked up the Classic Monster book, M&T of Airhde, and a new PHB.

(Some of what I say might be old hat for guys who've stuck with the game since day 1....but I've been away a while.)

Just wanted to say I love what they've done with their stuff. I have an old first printing PHB and M&T, and I have to admit, as much as I've loved the actual C&C game since day 1, I was never really that enthused with the books themselves. The layout and fonts (in the old ones) made it all look kind of run together, and I sometimes found it hard to find stuff. But these new books are awesome. Nicely laid out/spaced out, with distinct headers and titles. Much better! And the color in the PHB is nice. Some of that artwork deserved to be in color, so its nice to see. Very spiff!

Ditto on the Monster books. (although the original M&T wasn't that horrible to start with) Nicer, crisper fonts and once again, fabulous artwork, make these books a pleasure to flip thru for inspiration. Plus its nice to have some of the old faves done up in C&C style as in the Classic Monsters book. The Peryton has always been one of my pet monsters and I was tickled to see it included, among others. (yay Flumphs and Piercers :))

I noticed, once you flip thru these monster books a few times, that there are a few art pieces that...well....are a little spicier, and only stay "family friendly" because of strategically placed battle-axes and the like. I wonder if the artist (is it Peter Bradley that does those?) ever considered doing a fantasy themed pinup calendar type deal. That would be awesome. (I'm a classic pinup fan anyway...so maybe its just me.)

Anyway, huzzah to the Trolls. Glad they've stayed the course with this awesome game.

Trev

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Kudos...I like what the Trolls have done with the place!

Post by tylermo »

Glad you like it. Have you played some C&C lately?

Shadowslayer
Ungern

Re: Kudos...I like what the Trolls have done with the place!

Post by Shadowslayer »

Still working on that.

:)