Rejoining the Crusade in London Ontario

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Shadowslayer
Ungern

Rejoining the Crusade in London Ontario

Post by Shadowslayer »

Howdy all. Well its been a while. Been out of gaming for a couple of years....decided to get out of the hobby, sold all my stuff....kicking myself for it now. Had a whole boatload ranging from AD&D right up to 4th....mostly 1e and 2e. (and don't ask about my Wilderlands box set and a few things that ended up being pretty rare :shock: )

BUT, the one thing I kept was my CnC PHB and M&T...figuring it would be the best one for running a pickup game should the need ever arise. Now my 14 yr old daughter has decided she's love to give it a go, and I plan to oblige her.

Right around the time I decided to give this a whirl, the Trolls ran their sale shortly after so I have a new PHB on the way as well as a Classic Monsters and the Airdhe M&T. Decided on them after going down to my local used book emporium, which traditionally had a whole shelf of 1st ed hardbacks, and found the shelves completely empty. Apparently the "Old school gaming" deal has taken hold here too. Yeah I can find the PDFs of all that stuff....but pdfs suck. I'm a book guy.

Anyway, in a dusty forgotten corner of that bookstore I found the old 2e Realms box set...which I'd owned before and had used well. This one was in kinda rough shape, but still solid, usable...and had all the maps. So I bought it and I'm currently cooking up some kind of homespun/FR setting that hopefully plays a little more like Wilderlands did. Basically some kind of huge cataclysm that pretty much exterminated everyone but left the geography and landmarks pretty much the same. Once-great cities are now demon patrolled ruins, petty kingdoms have cropped up here and there, Zhentil Keep is just a crater, there's an Orc kingdom in Shadowdale, and no Elminster or anyone else to deal with. I don't really know what 3 and 4e brought the Realms to in terms of story....but I'm gonna go with mine. :) (and hey if you wanna contribute to the central idea...knock yourself out. :mrgreen: )

Anyway this is all and well, just thought I'd say hi. If there's any C&C gamers in London (Canada), gimme a shout and maybe we can hook up. I don't expect to find a lot, as my FLGS says he can't get any Trolls stuff from his distributors, so it aint' on the shelves...which is a bummer. But its worth a shout aut anyway.

Cheers

Fizz
Lore Drake

Re: Rejoining the Crusade in London Ontario

Post by Fizz »

Aw man- where were you about 2-3 years ago? I was living in London then, but have moved to California for work. If / when i move back i'll let you know. Heh.

Good to know the Crusade isn't dead up there though. Maybe we could run an adventure when i'm up to visit my folks next. Heh.

-Fizz

Aladar
Lore Drake

Post by Aladar »

Well, sorry to hear about your difficulties in getting stuff, but welcome back to the forums. :) I just recently came back as well after a few years away.
Lord Aladar
Warden of the Welk Wood
Baron of the Castles & Crusades Society
The Poster formerly known as Alwyn
Senior Gamer - Member of the Senior RPG Tour
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"

http://www.cncsociety.org/

Raudie
Henchman

Post by Raudie »

Shadowslayer, I have been looking as well.

Fiffergrund
Lore Drake

Post by Fiffergrund »

I've been in a gaming funk for the past few years, so I get it. My motivation is starting to come back.:) I am in Toronto, but if I should hear of anyone in your direction, I'll let you know.
Marshal Fiffergrund, Knight-Errant of the Castle and Crusade Society

Shadowslayer
Ungern

Post by Shadowslayer »

Absolutely.

I mean, at this point, I'm just throwing together a game for my kid, and maybe Mom and another friend. The beauty of playing with these guys is that they haven't been exposed to all the old cliches yet, so I can really let it rip :) And if it takes off it takes off.

I'd love to meet other C&C gamers though...heck I'd be happy to join another D&D group (any edition), except that guys near my age (mid 40s) that still game, and are halfway normal, are few and far between in my neck of the woods. (I was in a great game for a while with some 20somethings, but alas it was short lived. Good guys, but half of them started flaking out on a regular basis - hard to schedule a regular game. Then the DM had a kid and that was the end of that.)

Anyway, keep your ear to the ground. And maybe I can start something later if I'm of a mind to...but as I said in the earlier post, C&C stuff is hard to come by these days here, and I have a hard time asking a store to run a demo game for a game they can't stock. (according to one shop owner anyway)