[Christina Stiles Presents] Fantasy Races Unlocked! Kobolds

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
Christina Stiles
Ulthal

[Christina Stiles Presents] Fantasy Races Unlocked! Kobolds

Post by Christina Stiles »

Hello, all: Peter Bradley and I pulled this pdf together for playing kobolds in your campaign. I hope you are willing to pay $2 to help us continue to produce new material for C&C! Think of it as investing in the creatives, not the length of the prodcut. Thanks.

Fantasy Races Unlocked! Kobolds introducesa new player character race to your Castles & Crusades game: kobolds. Now you can skip the standard racial fare and play something different! Be a small, fierce kobold instead of a bland human or dour dwarf. Additionally, the pdf includes the optional ability to trade out standard racial abilities, allowing you to make your kobold more suitable to what you want to play. Options include: daywalker, biter, breather, glider, opportunits, and tail slapper.

capmarvel
Hlobane Orc

Re: [Christina Stiles Presents] Fantasy Races Unlocked! Kobo

Post by capmarvel »

Sold!

PS- looks very nice, and THANKS! Keep more coming!

PS- don't spend the $$$ all in one place! :lol:

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

Somebody buy this for me, I can't get it for another few days, and not that I have any use for it other than reading it and it being awesome at the current moment in time.

EDIT: I forgot that last part

Hal G
Red Cap

Post by Hal G »

I just got this and it is a great supplement.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I once played a character that got reincarnated as a Kobold, and I played him for a long time, during which he became the "Kobold King", so of course I had to buy this for C&C.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Post by Christina Stiles »

Very cool! Thanks, Treebore!

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

Yeah, one of my favorite fantasy characters was a friends PC Kobold, "Uurn the Cartographer."
Naturally, his maps were terrible, but Uurn was totally awesome.
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

Relaxo wrote:Yeah, one of my favorite fantasy characters was a friends PC Kobold, "Uurn the Cartographer."
Naturally, his maps were terrible, but Uurn was totally awesome.
I feel it should be spelled turrble

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

For those on the fence, I wrote a review about it here:
http://arcanacreations.blogspot.ca/2013 ... bolds.html

M

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

moriarty777 wrote:For those on the fence, I wrote a review about it here:
http://arcanacreations.blogspot.ca/2013 ... bolds.html

M
+1 I saw Christina link to this Review and this is the review that pushed me off the fence into the lair of the kobolds, as soon as this weekend passes I am getting it :D

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I pretty much agree with the review. Price seems a bit high for only 2 pages of usable material, but Christina has also mentioned in the other forum that she will be expanding it in upcoming weeks to match up better with material Hal G. is doing, so we will be getting better value for the money in the near future. So you may want to buy it now just in case she decides she needs to up the fee for the added work. Because we get the update for free right now. Plus they really need a solid idea on just how much demand there really is for this, so buy sooner rather than later anyways, so they will hopefully keep going rather than stop if there is actually enough demand out there for stuff like this.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

Treebore wrote:I pretty much agree with the review. Price seems a bit high for only 2 pages of usable material, but Christina has also mentioned in the other forum that she will be expanding it in upcoming weeks to match up better with material Hal G. is doing, so we will be getting better value for the money in the near future. So you may want to buy it now just in case she decides she needs to up the fee for the added work. Because we get the update for free right now. Plus they really need a solid idea on just how much demand there really is for this, so buy sooner rather than later anyways, so they will hopefully keep going rather than stop if there is actually enough demand out there for stuff like this.
Damnit Tree, now I own before I can really use it

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

Good product!

Quick question though, under "Glider" is the Dex save supposed to be CL 15 as written?
or is that maybe CC 15? Or CL 5?

CL 15 just seems really high to me; creating a CC of 27 if Dex is prime or 33 if Dex is not prime.

But otherwise, this is totally SWEET!

I bought Granite Dwarves but didn't really read it yet.
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781