GenCon CK's Needed

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Troll Root
Ungern

GenCon CK's Needed

Post by Troll Root »

Putting out the call for CK's for GenCon August 15-18. We need some good, fantasy minded (go figure!) individuals to help with running games at GenCon this year. If interested, email me, Todd, at [email protected] and we can discuss the particulars.

Thanks!

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Re: GenCon CK's Needed

Post by Snoring Rock »

Ok, so what is the plan? I was going to run another Tegel Manor adventure or something similar. I will hold off posting the game until I know what the Troll Lords are arranging. It would be great to have the games in the same room (grid and non-grid). But I am sure that would have to be coordinated through the GenCon organizers. If not, my post for games would be treated like any other and be randomly placed in the next available location.

That may defeat the purpose.

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

I'll need to see concrete arrangements for a dedicated room and assorted details before considering volunteering.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Todd, this could be a good thing. I was telling Stephen about how Pinnacle Entertainment's Savage Saturday Night (at GenCon) literally exploded within 2-4 years. It eventually became a ticketed event, or a bare bones admission was required. Pinnacle was actually caught off guard in 2010 by the sheer number of players who showed up.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

As I've said in another, I'm in for running some C&C but not on the main schedual. If TLG has a room, or area where we could play, I'm all in. I would rather run games in the evening, after the dinner hours. I could run 2 sessions. The one game I plan on running is a short C&C version of Paladin in Hell. I do not run on-schedule games.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

Hurry...the suspence is killing me. Do we have a room?

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

Of course you can count me in, as always!

I run multiple events daily at GenCon, but most of them off the grid. The last conversation I had with Steve, I agreed to run a bunch of registered games, so I will be running multiple events Thurs thru Sat. I am not so sure about Sunday yet, as I usually just do some last minute shopping and take off early.

I think having a dedicated room is an absolute necessity, and Steve has talked about it the last few years. I really hope it happens this year because as Tylermo pointed out, it could become as big as Pinnacle's Savage Saturday Night games. It would give a us a gaming HQ as it were, a common meeting point for on and off the grid games, and let us throw up a banner or two for posterity. I for one am looking forward to GenCon already!

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Did I say something right for once?? ;-) The question is...Friday or Saturday night? I just hope I can make it. Other than Stephen and Todd, I haven't seen the other Trolls since GenCon and Troll Con 2009. It's been that long since I'Ve seen my friends from Pinnacle Entertainment, as well.

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

OK, so time is running out on event registration. Early registration closed yesterday. I went ahead and entered two events, one for Thursday and one for Saturday. If the room is reserved, I am hoping my games can be placed there. This is something that really needs to get done lie yesterday. I have games on the grid.

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Snoring Rock wrote:OK, so time is running out on event registration. Early registration closed yesterday. I went ahead and entered two events, one for Thursday and one for Saturday. If the room is reserved, I am hoping my games can be placed there. This is something that really needs to get done lie yesterday. I have games on the grid.
It's nuts - I saw that over 4,600 events were submitted for early event registration! Nuts, I say!

So is there any update on this? I'm assuming not, but I'd like to hear news of a C&C room, should there be one. :)
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

mordrene
Ulthal

Post by mordrene »

I have sent an email but have not heard anything back. any updates?