Class and a half question

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
mediapig
Ungern

Class and a half question

Post by mediapig »

Quick question: The class and a half rules state that a character uses the best BTH bonus of the two classes. However, I'm not sure if this is based on adjusted level or not. For instance, does 4th level wizard / 2nd level fighter gain the attack bonus of a 4th level fighter? Or a second level fighter?

Galannor
Mist Elf

Re: Class and a half question

Post by Galannor »

Reading the rules as written, I think that a wizard 4/fighter 2 attacks as a 2nd level fighter, i.e. has a +2 BtH. Bye and have a nice summer!
Galannor

koralas
Ulthal

Post by koralas »

With the Class and a Half rules, you gain the abilities of the primary class at the character level, and the secondary class at 1/2 the level of the character. So if you were a Wizard/Fighter of 4th level, you function as a Wizard of 4th level and a Fighter of 2nd level. Taking the best BtH of the two is simple, a 4th level Wizard is +1, a 2nd level Fighter is +2. Basically the Fighter BtH in this instance will always be better than or equal to the Wizard For example at Character levels 1-3, where you are a W/F-1/0 both classes have a +0, W/F-2/1 or 3/1 and have a +1 BtH. Starting at 4th Level the W/F-4/2 gains the +2 of the Fighter, and thereafter the Fighter BtH will always be better.

treant_on_fire
Red Cap

Post by treant_on_fire »

I'm not so sure about this one now that you mention it... I used to think a Wizard 4/Fighter 2 would have a BtH of +4, now I have doubts. Could a member of the TLG staff please give an official reply on this? :-S

koralas
Ulthal

Post by koralas »

treant_on_fire wrote:I'm not so sure about this one now that you mention it... I used to think a Wizard 4/Fighter 2 would have a BtH of +4, now I have doubts. Could a member of the TLG staff please give an official reply on this? :-S
Why would you get a +4 BtH? The rules states clearly that you gain the abilities of the supporting class at 1/2 the level of the principle class. As a class ability, a 4th level Wizard is BtH +1, a 2nd level Fighter is BtH +2. Thus the best BtH would be the Fighters at +2.