Crusader's Companion

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Kayolan
Lore Drake

Re: Crusader's Companion

Post by Kayolan »

Go0gleplex wrote:yes. It is still in the society downloads section.
Glad to have the Companion along with my other C&C books. I like to use it mainly as a reference to all those d20 spells that didn't make it into the PHB. There's a lot more I might use someday, like the extra monsters, equipment and some of the classes.

Peter
Red Cap

Post by Peter »

It'll be awhile before the new version is complete, I pick at it everyone once awhile when I need a break from my main project. Dark Dungeons is my main squeeze, the Companion is my fling, and my Ruin campaign setting thinks I'm going to settle down with it someday :P

capmarvel
Hlobane Orc

Post by capmarvel »

How is your Dark Dungeons Deluxe related to Blacky the Blackball's Dark Dungeons? http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/177 ... k-Dungeons

Are you Blacky? Or are taking his/her game and updating it?

(Just downloaded yours and liking what I'm reading...what is the ETA of this or is that a sore subject? :D )

Peter
Red Cap

Post by Peter »

I'm not Blacky, I am just updating/fixing his.

ETA on Dark Dungeons Deluxe is also whenever :P I work on it at least a couple hours a day. I am currently working on it right now.

I recently finished my TODO List. Basically I'm adding everything that he missed from the RC. Every realworld, mythological, archetypal class. All realworld equipment, weapon, armor. And with whatever space I have left, additional rules.

Currently left to do is 10 Subclasses, 7 Monsters Classes, 48 Monsters, 34 Spells, 5 pieces of equipment, 22 rules/dm advice, and 25 skills.

I do sometimes deviate slightly from the official rules, but in a logical way. PC2 (and others) introduced new spells that are variants of existing spells, but have a water effect. What I did instead of making them separate spells, is have the core spells be affected by the environment. There are a couple different methods of Aging, Height, and Weight in the various supplements. I combined them all with the A2E way, preferring the BECMI numbers.

capmarvel
Hlobane Orc

Post by capmarvel »

Currently left to do is 10 Subclasses, 7 Monsters Classes, 48 Monsters, 34 Spells, 5 pieces of equipment, 22 rules/dm advice, and 25 skills.
So....are these done yet? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Peter
Red Cap

Post by Peter »

A couple of the monsters are, but than I got sidetracked (which happens often :P). The RC has an entry for Gargantuan, which is basically a template that can be applied to any monster. I was thinking instead of having a bunch of giant monsters (Giant Bat, Giant Rat, Giant Roc, etc.), I can just make the entry a Giant/Gargantuan template. I was working out the math for it, but than the weekend came and handed me a beer.

capmarvel
Hlobane Orc

Post by capmarvel »

Seems the only track I've been on past few years is the sidetrack.

dawnrazor
Mist Elf

Post by dawnrazor »

I love this book and this version looks very nice indeed!
Thanks for the hard work you have put in here.

I would also buy a Lulu print version to bring to the gaming table.

Onirim
Mist Elf

Post by Onirim »

I'm a big fan of your work too !
And I like your new theme, more clear :)