Introductions and a new C&C game

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
Sizzaxe
Skobbit

Introductions and a new C&C game

Post by Sizzaxe »

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forums, but have been gaming and admiring C&C for some time now. Just wanted to say hello, introduce myself and my new C&C campaign.

I started gaming with AD&D back in 1981. But since about 2000 I've been looking for a new gaming home as the sun was setting on commerically supported D&D in the old style. I've appreciated the retro movement, which is what initially brought my to C&C. But I was looking for a strong and vibrant company really producing quality product in the classic style.

I'm a teacher at a junior high school and have been running our role playing game club for about 5 years now. The young crowd has pushed fairly hard for the later editions; first for 3.5 and then for 4e. But my heart has always been with the old gaurd. So the club bounced around for awhile, trying out various editions, even eventually generating some interest in OSRIC and 1e.

By this time I was leaning fairly strongly to either C&C or Hackmaster. I've always loved KODT and the new HM basic seemed to be taking the game to a new level. But to be honest HM scared some of the kids off rules wise. And truthfully I needed a system that at least started off with less crunch to get kids started. That's where C&C won the race.

So we started C&C this last week. We are playing Rising Knight and I must say we are all loving it. The seige mechanic is incredibly intuitive and keeps play focused on the action and the roleplaying. And the setting! Wow! We are of course playing in Aihrde in with the Rings of Brass setting. The depth and color, especially as it seems woven into the A series, is incredible. I'm truly impressed.

So I just wanted to say thanks for such a great game, and that it's good to be here. You have made a growing crowd of C&C converts out here in eastern Utah. Expect some orders from our FLGS soon to meet a growing demand!

cheers! :D

Chris
Chris
http://classicrpgrealms.blogspot.com
"I waste him with my crossbow!!" -- Bob Herzog

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Introductions and a new C&C game

Post by tylermo »

I'm not with the company, but wanted to welcome you to the forums. C&C is a great game that finds a simpler way of doing things. I've known some of the Trolls since 2003, and started buying C&C products when the phb debuted in 2004(?). For (my definition of)traditional fantasy gaming, C&C delivers the goods. I started roleplaying in late 82 or early 83(variety of TSR, FASA followed by others), up through the late 80's. Cooled a bit in the early 90's and returned stronger than ever in 96(?). Stayed on the D&D train, but later grew disatisified with 3.5 It's largely C&C, and another company's universal rpg for me. Anyway, glad to see you've got a jr. high gaming group, especially in the WOW/Facebook/texting era. Don't let me speak for TLG...If you have trouble getting C&C through your flgs, these guys can get in touch with your store or serve you directly. Welcome aboard.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

As BD would say, "Awesomesauce!' Welcome to the Crusade.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Breakdaddy
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Breakdaddy »

Rigon wrote:As BD would say, "Awesomesauce!' Welcome to the Crusade.

R-
TOTALLY! :D

-Welcome to the boards!
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Sizzaxe
Skobbit

Post by Sizzaxe »

Thanks everyone! I look forward to joining in the discussions. And I'm sure I'll a few questions too.
Chris
http://classicrpgrealms.blogspot.com
"I waste him with my crossbow!!" -- Bob Herzog

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

We look forward to it!
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Howdy and welcome, Sizzaxe. Glad to have you with us!

Enjoy the game,

Rhu. :P
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

Welcome aboard, Teach!
You're doing a very good thing, running an RPG club in a middle school.
Glad you and the students like C&C. You'll find this is a lively and friendly forum.
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Welcome to the Crusade Sizzaxe.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Post by CKDad »

Welcome aboard, sir! I've been running C&C for my son & his friends for almost 3 years now, and they're right in that age bracket - all turning 14 this year. I've found it a great system to get new players into gaming, regardless of their age!
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

DeadReborn
Ulthal

Post by DeadReborn »

Welcome to the Crusade! :)
"My simple card trick has turned you into an ice cream cone!
Which means...I AM A LEVEL TEN WIZARD!"-SpongeBob SquarePants

Dead Horse
Red Cap

Post by Dead Horse »

Welcome to the forums.
Please don't beat me.
Not Worth Any Experiance Points Alive http://nwaepa.blogspot.com/

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

Welcome to the Crusade, Sizzaxe! Sounds like you're having a blast with your group!
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

csperkins1970
Ulthal

Post by csperkins1970 »

Welcome aboard. I hope the kids have fun with C&C.
I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am... a god.

Aladar
Lore Drake

Post by Aladar »

Welcome to the crusade! Look forward to you posts. I have been running my son and his friends (7th & 8th graders) and they seem to really like C&C versus the other "D&D" games out there.
Lord Aladar
Warden of the Welk Wood
Baron of the Castles & Crusades Society
The Poster formerly known as Alwyn
Senior Gamer - Member of the Senior RPG Tour
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"

http://www.cncsociety.org/