THE FIRST CKG EVER!

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
gideon_thorne
Maukling

Re: THE FIRST CKG EVER!

Post by gideon_thorne »

I just received my set in the mail. The print job didn't turn out too shabby. :)
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Breakdaddy
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Breakdaddy »

garydee wrote:Under the Character Death chapter, are there alternative rules to raising the dead? Is raising the dead still automatic or do they have an alternative to this?
There are hero and fate points added in this chapter, luck points, and a discussion about the dice controlling character fate. I don't see anything on alternate rules for raising dead. That stuff could be in the spell section if it's in the book at all. I didnt see it on a thumb through the chapter.
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Thoom
Hlobane Orc

Post by Thoom »

Anyone can tell us when the hardback CKG will ship to those who pre-ordered? Steve isn't answering emails...

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

My digest sized books just came in the mail. Yes, the CKG does exist.

:D

Morty
Ah room zoom zoom, ah room zoom zoom. gilly gilly gilly gilly, gilly ah sa sa. Come through the magic door with me and see the things you never dreamed you'll see.

GreyLord
Hlobane Orc

Post by GreyLord »

garydee wrote:Under the Character Death chapter, are there alternative rules to raising the dead? Is raising the dead still automatic or do they have an alternative to this?
Not really in that chapter, maybe in another chapter in regard to spellcasting and clerical uses of magic...but not really in the chapter on Death and Dying. That goes more into detail of perhaps using the -10 HP, and that along the way to -10 you start suffering some massive and life changing injuries as in crits to you...like losing your sight, losing and arm or leg, drastic effects like that. It also covers FATE and Hero points...as well as other things in regards to how to handle the term deadly...

Breakdaddy
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Breakdaddy »

Thoom wrote:Anyone can tell us when the hardback CKG will ship to those who pre-ordered? Steve isn't answering emails...
The hardbacks should be ready to ship by the end of next week. I'm guessing somewhere in that timeframe they will ship. Steve is eager to get these into the hands of everyone who ordered.
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

garydee
Hlobane Orc

Post by garydee »

Breakdaddy wrote:
Thoom wrote:Anyone can tell us when the hardback CKG will ship to those who pre-ordered? Steve isn't answering emails...
The hardbacks should be ready to ship by the end of next week. I'm guessing somewhere in that timeframe they will ship. Steve is eager to get these into the hands of everyone who ordered.
Was there time to put in any of the discovered errata?

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

EVERYBODY WHO HAS RECEIVED A DIGEST-CKG, POST ANY ERRATA YOU FIND HERE!

I'll see if we can get the obvious fixes in before the hardback goes to print!

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

therealtrolllord
Henchman

Post by therealtrolllord »

"If you find fault with this tome, or if it fails in any way, the blame lies squarely on the shoulders of Davis Chenault, please direct all complaints to his email address." this needs a little addition, the subject of all such emails should begin with, "send directly to spam or trash." davis

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Omote wrote:EVERYBODY WHO HAS RECEIVED A DIGEST-CKG, POST ANY ERRATA YOU FIND HERE!

I'll see if we can get the obvious fixes in before the hardback go to print!

~O
Don't worry dude, I've got my eye on this thread. Ill pester Steve about it when I talk to him next. :)
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Check the CKG Global update thread for editorial mistakes please!

Thanks,
Steve

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

Sniff - saw Morty got his in Chicago and so ran eagerly to mailbox this afternoon after seeing movie.... sadly only an insurance co. letter..... hoping for tomorrow for me ole digests....
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

seskis281 wrote:Sniff - saw Morty got his in Chicago and so ran eagerly to mailbox this afternoon after seeing movie.... sadly only an insurance co. letter..... hoping for tomorrow for me ole digests....
At least you don't have to wait for a few more weeks! :cry:
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Omote wrote:EVERYBODY WHO HAS RECEIVED A DIGEST-CKG, POST ANY ERRATA YOU FIND HERE!

I'll see if we can get the obvious fixes in before the hardback goes to print!

~O
Ok, Steve weighed in on this. Please post your errata findings here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10592

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

wait, I can't believe I overlooked this...
Dude! Where are the photos?!
:D
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

cleaverthepit
Ulthal

Post by cleaverthepit »

I don't think there is anything in there for hit point bumps or stuff like that. Off the top of my head I would say for gritty campaigns use the normal rules, for normal fantasy starting players (1st level) should have 1/2 their hit points and go up (barbarian would get 6+1d6) and for high fantasy all level hit point acquisition should should start with 1/2 and go up. one could also give 1st level players max hp but I am not fond of that as it removes variability. another option (again no math and off the top of my head) the fighter gains, on average 1 hp for every 10,000 xp over the first 10 levels. one could build a chart whereby hp are gained say at 1 per 400xp for up to 5xp then 1 per 500 for up to 10k xp etx or something (I would choose a spread that would actually increase the HP as that seems the operative goal - i would need to look at things and do the math) my enter key does not work davis

Breakdaddy
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Breakdaddy »

Davis... be less ghetto. Get a new keyboard. I will even give you one if you want.Thanksforplaying, breakdaddy.ohnoesmyspacekeybroake!!11
-Genghis Khan

cleaverthepit
Ulthal

Post by cleaverthepit »

there is no way i could be less ghetto. hey my caps lock key does not work, my alt key does not work, the backspace key, once started does not stop backspacing until i switch programs or documents and get this. my ... key (the last lettter in the alphabet) when pressed actually shuts my whole computer DOWN.freakin weird, like its a macro or something. but i have no idea how to create macros

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Is that the keyboard the dog peed on? Get a new keyboard, Brekadaddy's got one to give!

~O
VAE VICTUS!

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Post by mgtremaine »

You can also take it apart and check the contact pads, clean them with contact cleaner or lemon juice or something like that. Remove debris and other such things and put it back together. Keyboards are pretty easy to maintain if they are well built. [I've been using the same keyboard since 1997 and I've only had to take it apart once so far.]

-Mike

Breakdaddy
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Breakdaddy »

cleaverthepit wrote:there is no way i could be less ghetto. hey my caps lock key does not work, my alt key does not work, the backspace key, once started does not stop backspacing until i switch programs or documents and get this. my ... key (the last lettter in the alphabet) when pressed actually shuts my whole computer DOWN.freakin weird, like its a macro or something. but i have no idea how to create macros
That is the most ghetto configuration I've ever heard of.

Save File->Ghetto.cfg
-Genghis Khan

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Omote wrote:Is that the keyboard the dog peed on? Get a new keyboard, Brekadaddy's got one to give!

~O
That computer ended up Habachied! Which in Troll Speak is putting it in the grill and setting it on fire.

Steve

post script: the grill we use now is not a habachi, that is the small tiny little little grill Todd and I used to cook our hamburgers on back in J-town back in the 80s. I routinely smashed phones, through them against walls, or yanked them out of the wall and out the window and we would then ritually burn them in the habachi. Ahhh the lovely acrid-black apocalyptic smoke of burning civilization.

cleaverthepit
Ulthal

Post by cleaverthepit »

the smell of progress

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

At least is is not the pit-stains of defeat.

~O
VAE VICTUS!

cleaverthepit
Ulthal

Post by cleaverthepit »

my daughter loves experimenting with the viscosity and flow of milk. unbeknownst to me, she experimented upon my keyboard. then tries to hode the results, but the sweet aroma of rotted milk pervades the keyboard to this day

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Hmmmm, alphabet soup is delicious! Just try Campbell's variety in a bowl next time.

~O
VAE VICTUS!

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Omote wrote:Hmmmm, alphabet soup is delicious! Just try Campbell's variety in a bowl next time.

~O

Well, Davis now can write a variation on the "button soup" story. This one featuring skobbits, and QUERTY Soup. :)

GreyLord
Hlobane Orc

Post by GreyLord »

That sounds like you have the keyboard commands activated....of some sort. I had a similar problem, but normally I could get it to go away by shutting down the computer, unplugging it and then restarting...sounds as if yours isn't clearing.

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

omg - I am holding my digests in my hands!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

seskis281 wrote:omg - I am holding my digests in my hands!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D
:P :P :P :P :P
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."