Warlike Races?

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
serleran
Mogrl

Warlike Races?

Post by serleran »

What is the most warlike, aggressive, or want-to-be-dominant race in your game? For me, it is dwarfs.

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Re: Warlike Races?

Post by mgtremaine »

Hobbits of course. ;)

Ok maybe I'm kidding, in the current adventure cycle it would be Grey Dwarves but over all Humans.

-Mike

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Warlike....Bastini.

Followed by dwarves, though they are more militant than warlike.

Dominant...has to be humans. Power happy narcissists that they are.

assuming you were referring to PC races and not the "monster" races.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I am referring to anything that exists in your game. In mine, dwarfs are monsters as there are no PC dwarfs. Humans are not really warlike by nature (a few countries and individuals, yes, but not as a species.... they're actually pretty mellow and interested mostly in survivability in a world populated by things with all manner of innate magical abilities.) Dwarfs, though, in my game are almost bestial. Very barbaric. Just curious about other games...

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

In my campaign there is a warlike, agressive race called the Vagla. They want to be dominant to use most other races as food or slaves, but their numbers are too small. The Vagla are a barbaric, devolved form of gnolls who worship a wererat-like supernatural creature. They're messed up. ;)

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

KaiserKris
Red Cap

Post by KaiserKris »

As a race? Hobgoblins. Orcs are just as savage, but they're fundamentally lazy and never follow through on their raids. When orcs are done pillaging an area, they leave. When hobgoblins finish with an area? They start by building palisade forts and start bringing women and children. Soon, the wood-and-earth palisade fortresses are replaced by simple, but functional stone forts, built with slave labour. When that is finished, the particular horde is often ready to repeat the process somewhere else.

anglefish
Unkbartig

Post by anglefish »

There's warlike and then there's warrior focused races, I have both in my homebrew.

For warlike, I have an intelligent insect race that's the fantasy equivalent to Starship Trooper bugs.

For warrior-focused, my Orcs are Mongolian Horde spin, where they come south and raid/trade with the southern settlements during the winter and then go back up north for the summer.

Ogre
Hlobane Orc

Post by Ogre »

Hob Gobs

mordrene
Ulthal

Post by mordrene »

humans. evil kingdom and slavers prying on the elven lands.