TLG's 12 Days of Trollmas

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
Kurgan
Ungern

TLG's 12 Days of Trollmas

Post by Kurgan »

Picking up where this thread left-off on the old forum. :)

These are some great sale bundles!

Things worth commenting on:

1. Hardcover versions of M&ToA and OGaM! Sweet. Not listed for individual sale, yet. To get both you've gotta grab the big "Day 9" bundle, and that's a lot of duplicate stuff for many of us, I'm sure. (Then again, it would certainly give us several items to use as gifts.) There's a 2-book "Monster" bundle, where you can get the M&ToA hardcover with the regular M&T softcover.

2. Character Reference Sheets, although included in at least one bundle, are no longer listed to buy separately. Wonder why?

3. Digest sized core books! Interestingly, the CKG is included. I'm guessing those bundles won't ship right away. I would very much like any comments from someone that's seen the layouts. I'm not the first to be worried about the font size, as I've recently had to get reading glasses and am afraid of not being able to see the text if it's too small. Otherwise, I think this is a very cool idea.

4. Most of the modules are bundled in various sales (only lacking I1-I3, C1-C2, Heart of Glass, and the Umbrage boxed set). There I was suggesting a half-off sale, and they go and do them at two-thirds off! Love these guys.

Oh, Lordy, I'm gonna have to get really creative here to come up with the green I need to pay for all this stuff. I'm so irresponsible sometimes. lol

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Re: TLG's 12 Days of Trollmas

Post by mgtremaine »

Kurgan wrote:Picking up where this thread left-off on the old forum. :)

3. Digest sized core books! Interestingly, the CKG is included. I'm guessing those bundles won't ship right away. I would very much like any comments from someone that's seen the layouts. I'm not the first to be worried about the font size, as I've recently had to get reading glasses and am afraid of not being able to see the text if it's too small. Otherwise, I think this is a very cool idea.
Digest! Must see pictures, or perhaps it would be better if I didn't see pictures so I wouldn't feel compelled to buy it. :)

-Mike

Demiurge
Red Cap

Post by Demiurge »

Is the M&T included in day 2 a hardcover or perfect bound?

Can we also get confirmation that M&T of Aihrde on day 2 is a hardback for sure?
Find me on the Google+

My GM badges
ImageImageImageImage
Get yours here

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

The M&T of Aihrde will be hardcover!

Demiurge
Red Cap

Post by Demiurge »

What about the original M&T in that 2-pack? Is that one hardcover as well?
Find me on the Google+

My GM badges
ImageImageImageImage
Get yours here

Kurgan
Ungern

Post by Kurgan »

Yep, Day 2 does say the M&ToA is hardcover.

I'm actually trying to find someone from my local gaming haunt that's wanting to get into C&C so we can go halves on the Day 9 bundle. I only want OG&M and M&ToA (especially now that they're hardcovers!) and the revised character sheets, but they're not on sale by themselves (heck, they're not even for sale). But that's a lot of extra stuff I've already bought.
What about the original M&T in that 2-pack? Is that one hardcover as well?
I'm gonna guess "yes." The scratched-out "regular" price is just under 50 bucks, and the softcover M&T is only 15 normally, whereas the HC is 20. That'd leave the normal price of the HC M&ToA at either 30 or 35, and I've never seen them do a 35 dollar book before. Looks like it's going to carry a 29.95 price when it's available by itself.

What I really want is more info on the digest books. In addition to wanting info on the size of the text, I would really like to know if these are one-shots for the holidays, or if they'll be available for sale later. That scratched-out 67.50 price implies they'll be for sale later, and although it'd cost 17.50 more to buy them in another month or two, that might be preferable to leaving myself completely broke for the rest of the month! :)

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Hey folks,

Yes, both day two books are Hardback. Monsters and Treasure and M&T of Aihrde.

The Digest books are exact replicas of the standard sized books you already own. The font is small. No doubt. But I just got my first set of bifocles, so everything is small to my tired old vision. haha

Steve

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Ooo, must get digested.

Kurgan
Ungern

Post by Kurgan »

Y'know, with the nature of these Christmas sales, and all of us scrambling to scrape-up as much spare cash as we can find (no couch cushion is safe!) to grab all these discounted goodies, it occurs to me that the annual sale mayhaps be named wrongly.

In all fairness, it should be called The Mortality of Our Green Sale.

Guffaw Chortle Snort

Kurgan, Punmaster Extraordinaire! (Women love me, men fear me, and small furry woodland animals are terrified at the sight of my utility belt ketchup dispenser...)

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I am terrified of Kurgan.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

GreyLord
Hlobane Orc

Post by GreyLord »

When would the digest sized books ship...and are they going to be available at a different (higher) price after the 12 days, or is this the one and only shot to get them for later shipping?

Kurgan
Ungern

Post by Kurgan »

Steve anwered some of those questions in this thread.

However, since I've asked all that stuff already, I can save you some time... :)
We should have a complete CKG by this weekend. The bundles of Digest books will ship out on Monday. If I get the idea that the CKG won't be ready by Monday, then we'll ship the four books immediately.
They will become a staple of the TLG offerings. Right after Christmas, well, sort of right after, I'll add a section for Digest books and Flip books to the website, to allow folks to get the version they are most comfortable with using at the table.
Regarding what price they'll be, nothing's been said, but we do know the "regular" total for the bundle is 67.50 (it's listed next to the sale price on the Christmas page in the catalogue). I think it's fairly safe to assume that each book is not going to cost 13.50, so it's more likely the regular prices will vary (I'm guessing in the 10-15 range). PHB and M&T the cheapest, M&ToA and OG&M slightly higher, and CKG the highest (I was honestly expecting this one to be closer to 20, but I just can't make the numbers work to get everything to 67.50. Then again, I suck at math...) :)

Edit: Wow, I'm an idiot. I think I figured it out. The "regular" price for the digest bundle is just slightly less than half for the full-sized books based on individual (hardcover) prices. 24.99 + 24.99 + 24.99 + 24.99 +39.99 = 139.95 /2 = 69.98.

Half the size, half the price? Cute.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

The digest books will be available on the website at regular price after Christmas, or thereabouts.

Their prices are as follows:

Players Handbook:$14.99
Monsters & Treasure: $9.99
Castle Keepers Guide: $24.99
Of Gods and Monsters: $11.99
Monsters & Treasure of Aihrde: $11.99

These totals might be different that the discounted rate on the store front.

Steve

CnD
Mist Elf

Post by CnD »

About the digest books, I'm curious, is the formatting different (with increased page count) to allow standard reading, or are the pages, and text, simply reduced in size keeping the same page count?

Birthright
Hlobane Orc

Post by Birthright »

CnD wrote:About the digest books, I'm curious, is the formatting different (with increased page count) to allow standard reading, or are the pages, and text, simply reduced in size keeping the same page count?
From what I have heard it is the latter (same layout, just reduced to fit digest-sized pages). Yes, they will be difficult to read!

GreyLord
Hlobane Orc

Post by GreyLord »

Thanks for the answers, I just ordered them. Sounds great!

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

They are exact replicas of the larger books. I have some on my desk now and am pondering doing a slip sleeve for these guys.

All this will come clear over the Christmas break. We are shutting down for about 5 business days and I'm going to spend some quiet time updating the store and website.

Steve

obatron
Ungern

Post by obatron »

I did some looking...if I've missed it, apologies and feel free to point me to it...

On Day 9, are the Player's Guide and Monsters Treasure books hardcover as well?

maasenstodt
Hlobane Orc

Post by maasenstodt »

Based on the retail pricing listed, the Day 9 PHB and M&T should be hardcover. I certainly hope so!