Castle Keeper's Tool Progress and Issues

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
Alto Banor
Ungern

Castle Keeper's Tool Progress and Issues

Post by Alto Banor »

Hello Everyone

Just wanted you to know that I completed the Monk class and uploaded it to my page. You can access the tool through my page. (Link in my signature) Check it out!

Also, please use this thread to post issues with the tool. We had a couple of threads open about the progress of the tool and upgrading to 4th Crusade. I want to combine both of those topics into this thread from now on. (Easier to keep track of questions and progress notation)

Treebore has indicated a couple of issues which I have forwarded to this post.
Treebore wrote:
You cannot cast a spell and move in the same round unless the spell description says you can in the 4th printing. I house ruled that one out. So I am happy with how it is. Page 129, Cast Spell, last sentence.

Edit:

Disarm is now AC 18 + the other stuff. You have a attack from the rear as +1, it is +2.

Edit:

In Turn Undead you do not note that CHA modifier increases or decreases the number of undead turned.

Edit:

In attribute modifiers you may wish to expand it to include what is in "Of God and Monsters".

I will get to these at the same time I work on the Wizard class.
Alto

There's a fine line between being on the leading edge and being in the lunatic fringe

-- Frank Armstrong
There's a fine line between being on the leading edge and being in the lunatic fringe
-- Frank Armstrong

Alto Banor
Ungern

Post by Alto Banor »

Hello All,

The Wizard class is now complete! and for a bonus, SO IS THE ILLUSIONIST!! Worked extra on that! (plus it was small ). You might have to clear your cache to see the new changes.

Check it out!

P.S. You can post to this thread.... it's okay, really!!

Alto

-- Frank Armstrong
-- Frank Armstrong

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

bOnUs illusions are always welcome...

*casts Mirror Image

~O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Alto Banor
Ungern

Post by Alto Banor »

The Cleric and Druid classes are complete! This completes all the classes.

Next on the list is Races. I should be able to add the first race by the beginning of next week.

Check it out and post your comments here.

Enjoy!

Alto

-- Frank Armstrong
-- Frank Armstrong

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Awesome! Thanks for all the hard work on this, I love it!

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

Is this an online version of the 4th printing of the PHB?

Society Member: http://www.cncsociety.org/

Alto Banor
Ungern

Post by Alto Banor »

Lets say it's an electronic Castle Keeper (CK) helper using the 4th Edition PHB. You could use this along with the CK Screen and PHB to help run a game.

Alto

-- Frank Armstrong
-- Frank Armstrong

Ace of Swords
Red Cap

Post by Ace of Swords »

Sorry to zombie this...

I just got a computer for my game area and tried to use the tool... i get a great pic but no buttons are pressable .. it doesnt seem to be working.
http://www.altobanor.com/CastleKeeper20.html

thats the tool right?

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

It seems to work on my PC just fine.

I did not notice it before, but it seems you integrated my ode to AD&D saving throws. Neat.

Alto Banor
Ungern

Post by Alto Banor »

Ace of Swords wrote:
Sorry to zombie this...

I just got a computer for my game area and tried to use the tool... i get a great pic but no buttons are pressable .. it doesnt seem to be working.
http://www.altobanor.com/CastleKeeper20.html

thats the tool right?

Yes, make sure you have the latest Adobe Flash plugin. (I'm using Flash 9, I think.)

Alto

-- Frank Armstrong
-- Frank Armstrong

Alto Banor
Ungern

Post by Alto Banor »

Hey all,

Sorry to be out of touch for a couple of months but my wife went into the hospital unexpectedly. Everything is okay but it has taken a while to get back to normal. I will start back up on the Races soon.

Alto

-- Frank Armstrong
-- Frank Armstrong

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Alto Banor wrote:
Hey all,

Sorry to be out of touch for a couple of months but my wife went into the hospital unexpectedly. Everything is okay but it has taken a while to get back to normal. I will start back up on the Races soon.

Alto

Totally understand. My wife and I are both in and out of hospitals far more than we would like. Its been pretty good for me for the last 5 years, though.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Ace of Swords
Red Cap

Post by Ace of Swords »

figured it out, browser wasnt updated with flash.

Alto Banor
Ungern

Post by Alto Banor »

Ace of Swords wrote:
figured it out, browser wasnt updated with flash.

Excellent!!

Alto

-- Frank Armstrong
-- Frank Armstrong

Ace of Swords
Red Cap

Post by Ace of Swords »

I know you want to get it fully functional, but a small short cut of just having the spell names entered would be a huge upgrade.

Alto Banor
Ungern

Post by Alto Banor »

Ace of Swords wrote:
I know you want to get it fully functional, but a small short cut of just having the spell names entered would be a huge upgrade.

Do you mean just list the spells by level with the short descriptions?

Alto

-- Frank Armstrong
-- Frank Armstrong

Ace of Swords
Red Cap

Post by Ace of Swords »

Yes sir!

Alto Banor
Ungern

Post by Alto Banor »

I'll think on that... I probably could do that first and then continue adding the full spells later. hmmmm.

Alto

-- Frank Armstrong
-- Frank Armstrong

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Alto Banor wrote:
I'll think on that... I probably could do that first and then continue adding the full spells later. hmmmm.

Alto

Yeah, wouldn't that also just get the basic template in place, making it easy to fill it in later?

Plus I forget, how much of a blessing did the Trolls give you on this? Like are you allowed to copy/paste the spells from their PDF's?

If not, did you look at the OGL version that other fellow did of C&C?

Alto Banor
Ungern

Post by Alto Banor »

Treebore wrote:
Yeah, wouldn't that also just get the basic template in place, making it easy to fill it in later?

Plus I forget, how much of a blessing did the Trolls give you on this? Like are you allowed to copy/paste the spells from their PDF's?

If not, did you look at the OGL version that other fellow did of C&C?

Yes I can copy/paste them. I got permission from the Troll Lords a while ago. The OGL version was close but, in my opinion, not close enough! I'll start with the short descriptions first. It will still take some time, just not nearly as much as the spells themselves.

Alto

-- Frank Armstrong
-- Frank Armstrong

Alto Banor
Ungern

Re: Castle Keeper's Tool Progress and Issues

Post by Alto Banor »

Wow! The last 3 months have been chaos in terms of my family life. While things have finally returned to normal as of this week, I have finally recoded my lost sections. This means I can finally finish the races and classes section. What does this mean for the tool? Well, next is to list out all the spells with the short descriptions. Once that is complete we can look at finishing the Spell section with long descriptions.

I have had contact with the Troll Lords about the future of Castle Keeper Tool but, for right now, they are very busy getting their new products out. In any event, I will be busy for near future finishing this up anyway.

Sorry for the long delay in getting this finished.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask

Later!

Alto
-- Frank Armstrong

Dead Horse
Red Cap

Re: Castle Keeper's Tool Progress and Issues

Post by Dead Horse »

Its a really useful tool, cant wait for it to be completed.!
Please don't beat me.
Not Worth Any Experiance Points Alive http://nwaepa.blogspot.com/