Last hardcover black & white PHB request for the Trolls

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Last hardcover black & white PHB request for the Trolls

Post by slimykuotoan »

Can we order them, whether pod or otherwise?
For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Last hardcover black & white PHB request for the Trolls

Post by slimykuotoan »

Well, I understand them not being able to do this for a few fans. Unfortunately pour moi -although I'm still likely to play the game- I won't be able to purchase any future colour products from the Trolls. :(

Fortunately, I was able to get the 6th printing in the black & white flip book format.
For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

If you really want to discuss this with Steve, find him on twitter. Its how I harass him.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I prefer to harass the old fashioned way. Stalking. And taking away the Dr. Pepper.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

serleran wrote:I prefer to harass the old fashioned way. Stalking. And taking away the Dr. Pepper.
That would definitely be more effective, but I can't afford to travel to Arkansas all the time.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

No, I think I've beat the issue to death. Oh well.

RunningLaser
Mist Elf

Post by RunningLaser »

I'll throw my hat into the ring for a b&w copy of the rules. I had the 5th printing of the PHB, and it was a bear to read. It looks pretty, but doesn't read well.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Yeah, my eyes can't follow the red text of the 5+ printings. I've tried, but I can't process more that a line or so. It's frustrating.

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Post by mgtremaine »

I prefer the B&W :) but I have my 4th Print Hardbacks so I'm good (for now).

-Mike

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

The color books look OK, I guess. B&W is still the best and what I want in an old school or clone game.

The last RPG book I loved in color were the original 2e core books. Unless TLG wants to shell out the cash for Elmore, Easley, Caldwell and others from that time they need to stay B&W.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

GoOrange
Mist Elf

Post by GoOrange »

I find the color books hard to read.

I liked my 4th edition black and white version the best.

The color books are very pretty, but impractical.

I kickstarted and bought copies of all the new color books, but the B&W versions are my favorites.

It seems the industry as a whole has shifted toward big, full-color hardbacks, but I really miss the black and white days. Also, softcover is still a nice option for those of us who lug books around.

T1Hound
Hlobane Orc

Post by T1Hound »

I had given my 4th edition books to other players of another group as we were on "different" pages a lot of times.

I would really appreciate a nice clean copy without the colored pages. It's what worked for the 1st Ed AD&D PHB.
They say that the best book is the one you that has a lot of glam. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the book you look in once. That's how Gygax did it, that's how Chenault did it, and it's worked out pretty back then.