Codex Germania

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
Ancalagon
Ulthal

Codex Germania

Post by Ancalagon »

Greetings!

I realize it may be a little early but I'm curious as to the current progress / status of the Codex Germania. The previous Codex releases are already in my collection but they'd like some company, if you smell what I'm cookin'...

What news, Good Sir!
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Celticgamer
Hlobane Orc

Re: Codex Germania

Post by Celticgamer »

The last I heard about it, the layout was done, so was the art (I think), and it was in the Head Troll's hands now. So now it is a matter of time before things start on this Codex for production/Kickstarter. I took many extra months on it in comparison to its Nordic companion, so this book is dense with extra material from the early to Medieval Continental Germans.

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Thank you for the info, Celticgamer. I very much look forward to the next Codex!
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Sounds fantastic. Once this one is out, I'd love to run a campaign encompassing the Celtic, Nordic and Germanic books into one sweet fantastical northern europe campaign!

Celticgamer wrote:The last I heard about it, the layout was done, so was the art (I think), and it was in the Head Troll's hands now. So now it is a matter of time before things start on this Codex for production/Kickstarter. I took many extra months on it in comparison to its Nordic companion, so this book is dense with extra material from the early to Medieval Continental Germans.

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

dachda wrote:Sounds fantastic. Once this one is out, I'd love to run a campaign encompassing the Celtic, Nordic and Germanic books into one sweet fantastical northern europe campaign!

Celticgamer wrote:The last I heard about it, the layout was done, so was the art (I think), and it was in the Head Troll's hands now. So now it is a matter of time before things start on this Codex for production/Kickstarter. I took many extra months on it in comparison to its Nordic companion, so this book is dense with extra material from the early to Medieval Continental Germans.
I'd jump at the opportunity to pull up a chair in such a game, dachda! Too bad about the the distance.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Celticgamer
Hlobane Orc

Post by Celticgamer »

Don't forget to add the Slavic and Classical (Greek/Roman) codices to that campaign too, when they come out! I have the Codex Slavorum about finished and I am super happy about it! It has some amazing things in it that will plug into the others perfectly. The Codex Classicus, or whatever we will call it, should cover the Ancient Greeks, Romans and maybe even the Etruscans too.

I seek to update my Codex Celtarum though too, and add the Continental Celts in there finally. This means the Gauls, Galatians, Celtiberians and all other groups from the mainland and do some reorganization in places to even better define things in it all. The book was great but it will be a hundred times better!

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Celticgamer wrote:Don't forget to add the Slavic and Classical (Greek/Roman) codices to that campaign too, when they come out! I have the Codex Slavorum about finished and I am super happy about it! It has some amazing things in it that will plug into the others perfectly. The Codex Classicus, or whatever we will call it, should cover the Ancient Greeks, Romans and maybe even the Etruscans too.

I seek to update my Codex Celtarum though too, and add the Continental Celts in there finally. This means the Gauls, Galatians, Celtiberians and all other groups from the mainland and do some reorganization in places to even better define things in it all. The book was great but it will be a hundred times better!
Fantastic!!!

lobocastle
Red Cap

Post by lobocastle »

I look forward to all of the Codex books. The two I currently have now are great. I would like to see a Codex for the Oriental World.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

The cover is complete and the edited text landed on my desk about a week ago. Its now log jammed with the Codex of Aihrde, AA and the CKG on Peter's Desk.

We'll roll it out early next year for sure!

Steve

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Troll Lord wrote:The cover is complete and the edited text landed on my desk about a week ago. Its now log jammed with the Codex of Aihrde, AA and the CKG on Peter's Desk.

Steve
Thank you, Good Sir!
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Celticgamer
Hlobane Orc

Post by Celticgamer »

lobocastle wrote:I look forward to all of the Codex books. The two I currently have now are great. I would like to see a Codex for the Oriental World.
There will be Asian codices alright! Once the European volumes are done I will move onto Early Japan (Shinto era, when the Emperor still had power and the Shogunate wasn't yet dominate)...and I am thinking that a Chinese/Mainland Asia Codex would be a great next volume too...the possibilities are huge!

Thanks to for the compliment, they are each fun and an adventure to create, design and write. One innovative book at a time!

lobocastle
Red Cap

Post by lobocastle »

Celticgamer,

That is great news about the Asian Codex books. This is a great way for C&C to have an Oriental Adventure book equivalent with even more background.

JLL

Celticgamer
Hlobane Orc

Post by Celticgamer »

lobocastle wrote:Celticgamer,

That is great news about the Asian Codex books. This is a great way for C&C to have an Oriental Adventure book equivalent with even more background.

JLL
I think after these codices, C & C will have made up for in the Oriental Adventures department and in fact overcome it and surpassed it. I will guarantee that the Asian books will provide tons of unique and different perspectives to things to supplement gaming and make the old classic book nothing more than just a collector's item. The 'Codex Nihonica' or whatever I will call the Japanese volume will be before the Buddhist influence from mainland China and the rise of the Shogunate, it will be when the Japanese and Ainu were still isolated mostly and Shinto.

The Chinese Codex will cover an Asian mainland that also pre-dates the spread of Buddhism from King Asoka's missionaries sent from India, when China and the other regions were still caught up in their own native religions. This is much in the same way that my European codices are designed around a Pre-Christian period as well.

This is all just a teaser!

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Celticgamer wrote:The Codex Classicus, or whatever we will call it, should cover the Ancient Greeks, Romans and maybe even the Etruscans too.
I'm buying this one as soon as they will take my money for it,,,
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Hell, I'm buying all of them as soon as they will take my money for it. I've really liked the series so far, so why stop now?
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

thenorthman
Hlobane Orc

Post by thenorthman »

I would also buy them all......I am hoping though they would get the leather treatment. :geek:

I wish Codex Celtriaum had the leather version....

maasenstodt
Hlobane Orc

Post by maasenstodt »

thenorthman wrote:I wish Codex Celtriaum had the leather version....
It does. I own one. And it's lovely. :D

thenorthman
Hlobane Orc

Post by thenorthman »

maasenstodt wrote:
thenorthman wrote:I wish Codex Celtriaum had the leather version....
It does. I own one. And it's lovely. :D

Well then it will be a gaping hole in my collection then. :O)

Dead Horse
Red Cap

Post by Dead Horse »

Troll Lord wrote:The cover is complete and the edited text landed on my desk about a week ago. Its now log jammed with the Codex of Aihrde, AA and the CKG on Peter's Desk.

Steve
Its early next year....
Please don't beat me.
Not Worth Any Experiance Points Alive http://nwaepa.blogspot.com/

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Dead Horse wrote:

Steve
Its early next year....
I was just thinking the same thing. The Codex books have been pretty decent, and would enjoy another.
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Lord Dynel wrote:
Dead Horse wrote:

Steve
Its early next year....
I was just thinking the same thing. The Codex books have been pretty decent, and would enjoy another.
I'd think it would be in line after Victorious!.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Rigon wrote:
Lord Dynel wrote:
Dead Horse wrote:

Steve
Its early next year....
I'd think it would be in line after Victorious!.

R-
That makes sense. I think it probably should be, in all fairness.
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Any chance Codex Germania would be available at Gary Con?
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Ancalagon wrote:Any chance Codex Germania would be available at Gary Con?
Doubt it since they have at least two Kickstarters planned before the Germania Kickstarter. Victorious and the follow up to that Thesaurus they did. Heck, even if they were to do the Germania Kickstarter starting tomorrow, I seriously doubt they would have the book in print within a month.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Dead Horse
Red Cap

Post by Dead Horse »

Ok, we have slipped into the 2nd quarter of 2015... it is no longer early this year... any word on delivery date?
I am chomping at the bit for this book.
Please don't beat me.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I'm with Dead Horse. If this is a Kickstarter, it's probably into the 3rd QTR or later at this point... ::sad face::

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

This product has a history. That history is repeating.

Please break the pattern.

Dead Horse
Red Cap

Post by Dead Horse »

And another month gone..... so first half of 2015 is out of the picture now.

I dont know how else to express to the Trolls, TAKE MY MONEY PLEASE! i want this book!
Please don't beat me.

Dead Horse
Red Cap

Post by Dead Horse »

Steve

And welcome to June....
Please don't beat me.

lobocastle
Red Cap

Post by lobocastle »

I await the Germania Codex with glee. But, more to my liking is the Oriental Codices. When will you have Kickstarters for these products?