TLG 91723 The Storyteller's Thesaurus

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

TLG 91723 The Storyteller's Thesaurus

Post by Troll Lord »

The Storyteller's Thesaurus
Written By: James M. Ward, Anne Brown

Writers, game designers, teachers, and students—this is the book you've been waiting for! Written by storytellers for storytellers, this volume offers an entirely new approach to word finding. Browse the pages within to see what makes this book different:

Entries arranged in chapters by topic. Find everything you need to design a character, scene, or setting all in one place—no need to hunt through pages of alphabetical listings!
Words that are crucial in fantasy, history, and horror. No other thesaurus names weapons, armor, magical items, mystical creatures, symbols, treasures, and descriptive terms essential for any genre.
Usage notes and writing tips to clarify and expand. The authors draw from decades of work to target areas of concern for beginning writers as well as experienced authors.

Let this book inspire new characters and develop original settings and locales. You'll be amazed at how quickly new ideas form as you browse. The Storyteller's Thesaurus just might be the cure for writer's block, dull prose, and stale ideas—pick up this book and let your world expand!

James M. Ward has more than thirty years of experience in the gaming and publishing industries. He has published dozens of fantasy and science fiction role-playing games and fiction works, and has served as a consultant in numerous publishing ventures.

Anne K. Brown is the author of nine books and has more than twenty years of experience as a writer and editor, including fiction and nonfiction for adults and children. Her body of work as both author and editor lends perspective from both sides of the publishing process.

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Re: TLG 91723 The Storyteller's Thesaurus

Post by Lord Dynel »

Hey, bossman (or anyone else who might know :)), do you guys plan on putting this into print format?
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

trashheap
Ungern

Post by trashheap »

I very much want to buy this in print myself. Ive been holding off on the digital edition percisely because I want it in print.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lord Dynel wrote:Hey, bossman (or anyone else who might know :)), do you guys plan on putting this into print format?
Saw mention of that plan on either their blog or the e-mail letter. Or maybe on their G+ Community page. Regardless, they are now planning to put it into print some time after the rule books are reprinted.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

trashheap wrote:I very much want to buy this in print myself. Ive been holding off on the digital edition percisely because I want it in print.
Same here. I know I'm late in responding to this (post, thread, topic, etc.) but that is what I've been doing, as well. Just want to make my preference/presence known.
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

trashheap wrote:I very much want to buy this in print myself. Ive been holding off on the digital edition percisely because I want it in print.
Ditto here. I'm sure I would enjoy it in PDF, but I would get next to no use from it. On the other hand, a print version would help me out very much indeed, and I would totally pick it up like it were a big bright-eyed happy puppy with a collar of $100 bills..
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

Sir Osis of Liver
Unkbartig

Post by Sir Osis of Liver »

If this were released in print, I would definitely pick it up.