Switch to full style
This forum is a rarely properly updated forum that discusses everything we are working on at the Dens!
Post a reply

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Wed May 15, 2013 4:32 am

What level did you jump in at? If you went the $20 route thats print book only, $10 route is PDF only... $30 is the print+pdf... if you went above that you should have got the PDF too. Everything above that gets the EPUB (PDF) and all the goodies like the maps/map packet at some level.


If you went above and didn't get your code hit Steve or Tim or one of the trolls in charge of "stuff" to fix you up?
Hope that helps?

C.

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Wed May 15, 2013 2:31 pm

Omote wrote:I noticed somebody on the website got an electronic version of this book for their pre-order. Did this go out to all pre-orders for Jack of Lies? I did not get an e-mail for this book yet if so.

Omote076 [AT] aol [DOT] com

Thanks.

~O


It Took me almost 3 1/2 hours to get mine lol

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Wed May 15, 2013 5:33 pm

Dirty, I got in on this at the $50 level. I checked SPAM and all of that, but I did not get the .pdf. I feel left out in the cold *boo-boo lip*

~O

Bowbe wrote:What level did you jump in at? If you went the $20 route thats print book only, $10 route is PDF only... $30 is the print+pdf... if you went above that you should have got the PDF too. Everything above that gets the EPUB (PDF) and all the goodies like the maps/map packet at some level.


If you went above and didn't get your code hit Steve or Tim or one of the trolls in charge of "stuff" to fix you up?
Hope that helps?

C.

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Wed May 15, 2013 9:35 pm

I wonder if naming it just; Jack of Lies kind of confuses people. It did confuse me. I just thought it was another module so I wasn't interested and never took a look at it. The only reason I did was because of this forum.

I would've never guessed that it was a flushed out city (Which I would totally buy) and a part of the; Haunted Highlands region of Airdhe. (Which would give me two reasons to buy this.)

I know these books also double as a drop-in setting for any game, but you could make that clear in the Troll Lord game store blurb and on the back of the book blurb.

I dunno something like...

Setting for Haunted Highlands

Jack of Lies

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Wed May 15, 2013 10:14 pm

Good feedback Ironsides. No doubt this will be done ASAP!

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Thu May 16, 2013 1:26 pm

I got my copy from Mr. Burns. I'm in. Let's get this HH book hard.

~O

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Thu May 16, 2013 1:28 pm

Man, I wish I had some disposable cash right now. I'd definitely preorder. :(

R-

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Thu May 16, 2013 1:30 pm

Rigon wrote:Man, I wish I had some disposable cash right now. I'd definitely preorder. :(

R-


DOn't know if you Saw R but they are offering 20% coupon to all who preordered if they hit $4,000 today

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Thu May 16, 2013 2:47 pm

Dracyian wrote:
Rigon wrote:Man, I wish I had some disposable cash right now. I'd definitely preorder. :(

R-


DOn't know if you Saw R but they are offering 20% coupon to all who preordered if they hit $4,000 today

Yeah, I saw, but that doesn't help out my situation. [shrug] I'll just have to wait until I do.

R-

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Thu May 16, 2013 7:12 pm

I bit the bullet and put some money down for the PDF. I'd get it as soon as it came out anyways, so I might as well save a few by pre-ordering. I'll pick up the physical book at some point in the future.

R-

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Thu May 16, 2013 7:16 pm

I also pre-ordered the PDF of Rune Lore.

R-

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Thu May 16, 2013 7:25 pm

Rigon wrote:I also pre-ordered the PDF of Rune Lore.

R-


Is it worth getting?

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Thu May 16, 2013 9:09 pm

Dracyian wrote:
Rigon wrote:I also pre-ordered the PDF of Rune Lore.

R-


Is it worth getting?

Won't know until we get it, but I'm betting it will be awesome. I dumped waaay too much money on my preorder of Rune Lore. I'm counting on the fact my package also includes the Trolls coming over to mow my lawn.

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Thu May 16, 2013 9:11 pm

Buttmonkey wrote:
Dracyian wrote:
Rigon wrote:I also pre-ordered the PDF of Rune Lore.

R-


Is it worth getting?

Won't know until we get it, but I'm betting it will be awesome. I dumped waaay too much money on my preorder of Rune Lore. I'm counting on the fact my package also includes the Trolls coming over to mow my lawn.


I hope not, you'll go from a lawn of grass to a lawn of dead dr pepper cans

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Fri May 17, 2013 1:32 am

Dracyian wrote:
Buttmonkey wrote:
Dracyian wrote:
Rigon wrote:I also pre-ordered the PDF of Rune Lore.

R-


Is it worth getting?

Won't know until we get it, but I'm betting it will be awesome. I dumped waaay too much money on my preorder of Rune Lore. I'm counting on the fact my package also includes the Trolls coming over to mow my lawn.


I hope not, you'll go from a lawn of grass to a lawn of dead dr pepper cans


So you've been to the Trolls lair's?

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Fri May 17, 2013 2:40 am

I downloaded the PDF tonight, but will wait to start reading it tomorrow, since I'm about to fall asleep as I'm typing this.

R-

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Fri May 17, 2013 2:52 am

Only 4 more days on this? Oh well. I'll be waiting to get this after it releases. At least Rigon can let me know how good it is.

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Fri May 17, 2013 4:30 am

Bummer Tree! I'm hoping this hits the 4k goal because this book really needs the hardback treatment. I know your good for grabbing it up hardback or softback either way, and map packs to boot! I understand the fixed income and once a month checks very well as that's my "day job" income as well!

$245 bucks and 30 minutes away from pre-order folks (and a big thank you to all of you who have pre-ordered over the previous 25 days!) getting a nice fat 20% discount to put towards either some of our awesome recent releases by Jason, Brian, Steve, Davis and the Gang as well as some of our massive upcoming releases! Trollz are RIZING!

Thank you all again! It's been an exciting anniversary for me so far!

C.

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Fri May 17, 2013 1:16 pm

Treebore wrote:Only 4 more days on this? Oh well. I'll be waiting to get this after it releases. At least Rigon can let me know how good it is.

I'm gonna start digging into it at some point today. It will depend on how busy I am at work. I did give it a quick look through last night before I went to bed. It looks badass.

R-

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Fri May 17, 2013 1:18 pm

Bowbe wrote:Bummer Tree! I'm hoping this hits the 4k goal because this book really needs the hardback treatment. I know your good for grabbing it up hardback or softback either way, and map packs to boot! I understand the fixed income and once a month checks very well as that's my "day job" income as well!

$245 bucks and 30 minutes away from pre-order folks (and a big thank you to all of you who have pre-ordered over the previous 25 days!) getting a nice fat 20% discount to put towards either some of our awesome recent releases by Jason, Brian, Steve, Davis and the Gang as well as some of our massive upcoming releases! Trollz are RIZING!

Thank you all again! It's been an exciting anniversary for me so far!

C.

Casey, with $195 and 4 days to go on the preorder, I think it will get to the hardback level.

R-

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Fri May 17, 2013 1:37 pm

Can't wait, only 4 days left so excited, I want this in my hands so bad

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Fri May 17, 2013 8:35 pm

OK, I paid my final bill of the month and I think I have enough money left over to do this pre order. Hope I am right. Only reason I have any questions is I'll be training two Veterans and their Service Dogs starting this coming week, so will need a LOT of gas money for all the driving I will be doing.

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Sat May 18, 2013 1:19 am

Thanks again everybody! Awesomeness unbounded!

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Sat May 18, 2013 1:29 am

Its going to be a hardcover *does happy dance*
I don't suppose we can't talk Tim and the trolls to giving us the 20% off even though we are a day late

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Sat May 18, 2013 1:33 am

Dracyian wrote:Its going to be a hardcover *does happy dance*
I don't suppose we can't talk Tim and the trolls to giving us the 20% off even though we are a day late



Today is 20% off the CKG. I think the print version. I already have it, so not any good for me.

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Sat May 18, 2013 1:44 am

Treebore wrote:
Dracyian wrote:Its going to be a hardcover *does happy dance*
I don't suppose we can't talk Tim and the trolls to giving us the 20% off even though we are a day late



Today is 20% off the CKG. I think the print version. I already have it, so not any good for me.

Same here, I have the basic Library maybe 20% of Amazing Adventures

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Sat May 18, 2013 2:15 am

Haunted Highlands is so hard! Badass.

~O

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Sat May 18, 2013 2:31 am

Omote wrote:Haunted Highlands is so hard! Badass.

~O

+1

R-

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Sat May 18, 2013 2:34 am

Dracyian wrote:Its going to be a hardcover *does happy dance*
I don't suppose we can't talk Tim and the trolls to giving us the 20% off even though we are a day late

Steve posted on Facebook that if the preorders get to 4500 by Sunday night, they will give the 20% to everyone who preordered. So go tell your friends to get in for at least $10.

R-

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Mon May 20, 2013 4:40 pm

So glad I was able to get in on this, even last-minute. I was out of town Saturday and forgot about it. Yesterday, I read the preview I'd downloaded last week and took the plunge. Only thing is I forgot to put it in my Dropbox folder so I can't read it at lunch today. :(
Post a reply