TLG 8508 Free City of Eskadia

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

TLG 8508 Free City of Eskadia

Post by Troll Lord »

“Trust you to watch your back, never go into this city without a sharp blade hid upon your body or tied to your waist. Look to the guards only with their hand out for a bribe, and never, never, never, insult a noble or a middle man!”

Jack of Lies is a sandbox adventure area, outlining the city of Eskadia in its entirety.

Jack of Lies comes complete with everything needed to create the ultimate city adventure and campaign: full descriptions of the city from the walls, down the streets and into the alleys, to the neighborhoods, markets, plazas on to the inns and taverns, gatehouses, tenements and more; it also includes all those elements that make a city come alive, from the city government, encounter areas, major personages, new monsters, a new race, the Changling and much, much more.

Jack of Lies is a complete serial adventure as well that brings out all the rich tones of the city upon the sea! Jack of Lies comes with a mountain of maps as well!

Adventure opportunities abound in Eskadia, not the least of which is the story arc known as “the Jack of Lies.”

Cicero Denalian, a one-time performer, playwright, philanthropist, and theater owner was long ago betrayed by several of the nobles of Eskadia, who imprisoned him, and had his lover executed as a spy. Forgotten after years of confinement Cicero faked his own death, and returned to the neighborhoods he once looked after and recruited a network of spies, comprised of street children he once mentored. Now, known as the “Jack”, Cicero has begun making moves in an elaborate chess game designed to destroy the nobles who stole his life and love, and in the process cleanse the city of its corrupt rulers once and for all. By plot hook or GM crook, the PCs eventually become embroiled in the Jack’s plot. Cicero, in various guises maneuvers the PCs through the ranks of his enemies as a force of true reckoning, which culminates in the Jack’s revenge, and the unexpected consequences that befall the city upon his victory or defeat

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: TLG 8508 Jack of Lies

Post by Treebore »

Ooooh! Sounds like what I love best!
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Neato!

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

Why are you intent on bankrupting me, Steve?
:D

Seriously, everything on the anvil looks SWEET!
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Relaxo wrote:Why are you intent on bankrupting me, Steve?
:D

Seriously, everything on the anvil looks SWEET!

:shock: :? :lol: :lol:

MEEEEEEEE TOOOOOOOOO! Stupid VA .... once they approve my packet and I get the back pay, there will be a HUGE order headed your way!!!
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Bowbe
Red Cap

Post by Bowbe »

11 years in the making. Or thereabouts. I've been guiding this project for longer than my daughter has been alive!

I started working on this project a long time ago with an old writing partner Shane Glodowski, just after we finished working on Bard's Gate for Necromancer Games, and before I got put on some work with Wilderlands and of course the behemoth that became Necromancer Games' City of Brass. In that time I always worked my way back to Jack of Lies. Expansive plot. Complicated social structure. I wanted something truly criminal. I wanted a Godfather for RPGs. I wanted Shakespeare. I've wanted something more than just crawling into a dungeon and killing monsters for loot.

There is nothing wrong with that. I've written a lot of it, played a lot of it, and will continue to do both for the foreseeable future. That said, sometimes I want the players to get their hands dirty and have to go to bad places morally, ethically and spiritually. Jack of Lies. Revenge. Murder. Assassination. Intrigue. I wanted to give the gamers' a sandbox that they can blow to kingdom come if they wish, because to be quite honest I'm tired of the mighty sage stepping in and saving everyone. I was just plumb tired of the mighty dark elf warrior refusing to allow you to burn the city to the ground if you so desire. In Jack of Lies, nobody is going to step in and save your ass. Nobody is going to tell you no. Unless its another player, and that is where the fun begins.

Corrupt, morally bankrupt and yet, at its heart demanding of your attention, I hope that Jack of Lies proves to be an adventure and setting that Castle Keepers and players cant wait to get back to week after week and month after month!

I got to look at Peter's maps today and how they tie the setting site with Haunted Highlands. Be ready for a big expansion to the HH universe! Over 130 pages and counting, and as they say... coming soon!

C. Christofferson, Easter 2013

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Argghhhh. Now Peter is wanting to do this hardback!

Steve

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I WANT THIS!

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

We are going online with this sucker now. We are setting it up in the pre-order system. It should launch tomorrow. We are going to shoot to get this out as a hardcover with expanding maps.

Though its already up

Preorder

Now, unlike Rune Lore and Codex of Aihrde, Jack of Lies is finished. It needs only printing. IF you back the project at a level that the PDF is offered, you have that in your inbox by early next week.

But we'll do a full blown, formal press-release announcement tomorrow.

Steve

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Your pre order pricing seems kind of screwy between the PDF only and book + PDF options. $10 for just the PDF, $20 for just the book, but $35 for the book and PDF when I can just do them separately for $30?
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Treebore wrote:Your pre order pricing seems kind of screwy between the PDF only and book + PDF options. $10 for just the PDF, $20 for just the book, but $35 for the book and PDF when I can just do them separately for $30?
Nice catch! That's supposed to be 30 bucks. Fixed.

Trollzah!

Steve

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

looking good!
and the C&C dice are still on sale, everyone, so grab another set!
:)
Bill D.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Troll Lord wrote:
Treebore wrote:Your pre order pricing seems kind of screwy between the PDF only and book + PDF options. $10 for just the PDF, $20 for just the book, but $35 for the book and PDF when I can just do them separately for $30?
Nice catch! That's supposed to be 30 bucks. Fixed.

Trollzah!

Steve
Still shows as $35 for the print and PDF for me. But that is also using the old link you gave above, so maybe that is why.

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

I saw $35 too, but the blog or twitter or whatever looks like $30.
Bill D.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Hmmm I'm seeing them all as $30.00. Can you give me a link that I'm missing?

Thanks,
Steve

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

Am I the only one that has a really hard time navigating the TLG pre-order site? Kind of drives me crazy that I can't see all the pledges on one page (i.e., at once).

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Frost wrote:Am I the only one that has a really hard time navigating the TLG pre-order site? Kind of drives me crazy that I can't see all the pledges on one page (i.e., at once).
We're cleaning this up a little more (we really don't like this format but are stuck with it for a little longer).

Word press has irritated me too long. We are moving this to another page. Will be up shortly!

Thanks!
Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Alright,

Links updated!

Try this out.

Jack of Lies.

Steve

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

Much better!

Plaag
Red Cap

Post by Plaag »

Um..there is no 'W' in my last name Casey :)

Good to see this now becoming available. Hope to get this into Hardback!

ShaneG.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Is it normal for it to take over half an hour to STILL not get a PW reminder?

Edit: Still haven't gotten it. Yes, I have been checking my SPAM folder.

Edit: Still haven't gotten it. I'll try again and if it still doesn't work I'll just call it in next week.

Bowbe
Red Cap

Post by Bowbe »

Shane! Lucky for you it's spelled right in the book! Hah! Good to hear from you. My email hasn't changed. Get back to me!

This book looks super good! You are going to be soo happy!

C.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Treebore wrote:Is it normal for it to take over half an hour to STILL not get a PW reminder?

Edit: Still haven't gotten it. Yes, I have been checking my SPAM folder.

Edit: Still haven't gotten it. I'll try again and if it still doesn't work I'll just call it in next week.
Robert,

We have been having problems with the customer account passwords; we've tracked down the problem in the PhP file but all the recommended fixes haven't worked. We have a massive store front overhaul on the docket for May and should be able to fix it when the software is all updated.

You can give us a shout next week, or I can delete your account now and you can make a new one. That's our best fix right now (as poor as it is).

Thanks!
Steve

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

On the $50 preorder what is the Package of 20 maps for quick and easy reference?? The area and city maps I understand but not these. Convince me these are worth the extra $20.

Thanks.

Bowbe
Red Cap

Post by Bowbe »

The additional maps (if i remember correctly) will be full size blow ups of each of the individual wards of the city plus all of the dungeons and estates that are covered in the text. Scanning, enlarging, printing them yourself would either cost you an ink cartridge+paper... however that much that costs these days, or a kinkos copy where god knows what sort of job they will do or what crap they will give you to make the copies of copyrighted material vs how much time it would cost to do it yourself. Steve and Peter would know what sort of paper and or extras fancies that the maps will or won't have.

There are 9 individual districts in the city, and all I know is I can't wait to make some laminated versions that I can just use dry erase to straighten out for such things as chases, and what have you. I do have a friend who can blow me up some really big ones for cost that I can use to run Fields of Battle city events on.

Hope that helps?

C.

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Heck yeah that helps. Steve needs to add that to the preorder info pronto!! Though you just convinced me to up my order!

Bowbe wrote:The additional maps (if i remember correctly) will be full size blow ups of each of the individual wards of the city plus all of the dungeons and estates that are covered in the text. Scanning, enlarging, printing them yourself would either cost you an ink cartridge+paper... however that much that costs these days, or a kinkos copy where god knows what sort of job they will do or what crap they will give you to make the copies of copyrighted material vs how much time it would cost to do it yourself. Steve and Peter would know what sort of paper and or extras fancies that the maps will or won't have.

There are 9 individual districts in the city, and all I know is I can't wait to make some laminated versions that I can just use dry erase to straighten out for such things as chases, and what have you. I do have a friend who can blow me up some really big ones for cost that I can use to run Fields of Battle city events on.

Hope that helps?

C.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

It got me to decide I want the maps as well.

Bellem
Skobbit

Post by Bellem »

Bowbe wrote:11 years in the making. Or thereabouts. I've been guiding this project for longer than my daughter has been alive!

I started working on this project a long time ago with an old writing partner Shane Glodowski, just after we finished working on Bard's Gate for Necromancer Games, and before I got put on some work with Wilderlands ...
Since you worked with Necromancer Games and the Judges Guild Wilderlands setting, how would you compare this product to City State of the Invincible Overlord? That has always been my favorite city RPG product, although one of the things I did find it lacking was a good listing of the people in power. (Some of it was there, but you had to dig for it.)

I've been told it is its own setting and doesn't tie in to any other existing worlds. Are there plans for expanding on this world? I wouldn't want to go through all of the trouble of fitting it in to a world and then find out that there will be other products for it that I then cannot use.

Thanks.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Bellem wrote:
Bowbe wrote:11 years in the making. Or thereabouts. I've been guiding this project for longer than my daughter has been alive!

I started working on this project a long time ago with an old writing partner Shane Glodowski, just after we finished working on Bard's Gate for Necromancer Games, and before I got put on some work with Wilderlands ...
Since you worked with Necromancer Games and the Judges Guild Wilderlands setting, how would you compare this product to City State of the Invincible Overlord? That has always been my favorite city RPG product, although one of the things I did find it lacking was a good listing of the people in power. (Some of it was there, but you had to dig for it.)

I've been told it is its own setting and doesn't tie in to any other existing worlds. Are there plans for expanding on this world? I wouldn't want to go through all of the trouble of fitting it in to a world and then find out that there will be other products for it that I then cannot use.

Thanks.
I was talking with Casey (Bowbe) a couple of weeks ago on Facebook. He told me that Jack of Lies is in a different part of his Haunted Highlands setting.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Bowbe wrote:I do have a friend who can blow me up some really big ones for cost that I can use to run Fields of Battle city events on.

C.
That would be an excellent game to play in.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007