TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

This forum is a rarely properly updated forum that discusses everything we are working on at the Dens!
Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by Relaxo »

Do the new preorders also get to add a thingy? Place,NPC etc,?
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Yes, its set up just like the first one.

Thanks,

Steve

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

Get this bad boy out, ha! I tied my landscape CK screen to this order! :)

Arakor
Hlobane Orc

Post by Arakor »

@Steve: Are you still accepting the submissions for Towns/NPCs/etc?
I sent you an email a couple of weeks back about this.

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

The Zombie Master is down for some Rune Lore gaming goodness! 8-)
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Arakor wrote:@Steve: Are you still accepting the submissions for Towns/NPCs/etc?
I sent you an email a couple of weeks back about this.
Yes, will be for a few more weeks. I'll get in the email and check it out!

Thanks,
Steve

CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Post by CKDad »

Coolness, I'll wrap up those other two pieces we spoke about that I hadn't finished before the initial deadline.
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

Thoom
Hlobane Orc

Post by Thoom »

Frost wrote:Get this bad boy out, ha! I tied my landscape CK screen to this order! :)
I'm in the same boat!

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Greetings all,

Its been too long without an update, but better late than never I suppose.

Rune Lore is in editing and I hope to have this shipping by Christmas. We have the runes themselves to tidy up and get through playtesting. If the playtesting fails then it may kick this back a few weeks. But I spent the 8th of November wrapping up a massive amount of Rune Lore material getting the class prepped for what it is and where the runic magic comes from, and that's been a major roadblock. It goes to editing as soon as the adventures are done.

I'll try to be more timely on updates.

Thanks,
Steve

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

What news, Good Sir?
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

From Another Thread.....

Hey folks,

I should really chime in here more often, but same old excuses.

Let me address some issues right quick.

First and easiest. Crusader. ANYONE who wants store credit for their sub, email Todd at orders @ trolllord.com. It is my intent to get that magazine back on its feet and we have about completed Crusader 26, but to any ability to keep it rolling I cannot attest. So please, drop us a line at orders @ trolllord.com and we'll get you hooked up.

Kickstarter Codex Celtarum project. This project was completed because I am not writing it. The Codex of Aihrde and Rune Lore on on my balance sheet and no one else's. As such it becomes impossible for me to work on them like I would like too when anything and everything hits in my schedule. I'm not going to make any excuses but to say that when we launched my schedule had opened up considerably, great progress was made and then it closed quite suddenly.

On to where we are at on Rune Lore. Rune Lore consists of three basic parts. Setting. Adventure. Class. Here is the up to minute update on each.

Setting: The setting material is complete and you should have received a PDF in the email last Friday (if you did not please email us at runelore@trolllord.com). Backer contributions will be included in the next release (next Friday methinks).

Adventure: The adventure were rewritten and 12 added to the original manuscript. These range from 2-10 pages. All of these are at the editor, Alicia Stanley and she turned over the first one last night. I will look over it and it will go on to layout today. We will begin releasing these pdfs soon...if you all want them one at at time we can do that. They are built, very loosely, in a chronological order.

Class: This has been the real bug in the carpet. In the original writing I tried to simply convert the prestige class into a class for C&C. It didn't work for a variety of reason. The more I tried to make it work the worse it became. It seemed nothing more than a splat book class which is what i want to avoid. I tossed that and made a second. It was okay, but off key somehow. I sent it to playtesting and it came back with "this is okay, but why do I care?" which is the last response you want :lol: So to the draft again. I rewrote and thought I had it, Mac and Davis got involved, and we made a really unique class. But it didn't hold up to the runes as the class and runes couldn't mesh, either the class was too powerful (Chris at our table ran it and he is GREAT at assuming powers that aren't in an item/class/ability so he had great fun with all manner of runes and destroyed a night's play) or it ran just like a wizard.

In short I couldn't find the rune mark's voice. Well after much pondering and a long conversation with Todd we came upon it and found what it is. Looking not to adventuring archetypes but to literary ones I found the ghost of Feanor, Sauron, Saruman and the like and it fell into place quite readily. The class has now gone through several rounds of testing and has found its voice. Today (the 10th) I'll be fine tuning and sending it back through. Thirty eight of the runes are written but need cleaned up. In short the class, the sticking point of this book has been the hardest and we just went over that hump.

So it should not be long now. And I'm hoping to give regular updates and PDF release all the way up to the print release (hopefully in about four weeks, though I'm reluctant to commit as crap always hits the fan when I do that).

If you want a refund, please email Todd at orders @ trolllord.com and we'll hook you up with no hard feelings. If you can hang in a little longer, I think it will be worth the wait. If you want to hit a troll direct it at Davis as he has no idea what is going on with release and it would just be funny to see some hit him :shock:

Thanks all for the patience!
Steve

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

What news, Good Sir?
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

We are fast approaching the end. Here is where we stand on the various parts:

Setting: Complete and laid out. Though I'm toying with adding a little to it, mostly about the Stone Giants

Adventures: Done and of the 16 of them, 13 are laid out and 3 waiting to be laid out. It needs a few pieces of art.

Class: I'm largely done with the class. There is some clean up on its potion making ability and the high level create life ability. Will finish that tomorrow (the 13th). I finished the 40 odd runes, though they need cleaned up and duration and area of affect inserted.

Equipment list is fleshed out, it only needs the prices that various furs bring to market, to sell and buy.

Appendix A: New Magic Item. Working that now, will be done by Friday.

Appendix B: New Monsters. In editing

Appendix C: Encounter. Kicking my ass, but will be done over the weekend.

Maps is largely done. Though I made some changes that Peter needs to integrate.

Plan right now is for Codex Celtarum to roll off to print on the 21st of Feb (its on schedule) and then we finalize Rune Lore. All written parts for Rune Lore should be done by Friday (monday with those charts). Then we start wrap up. It mostly goes to Peter's desk at that point and I will begin on Codex.

Thanks all for the patience. We will make it worth your while in the end!

Steve

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Cool. I'll be able to sell Codex Celatrum at conventions in April at least. Maybe even more goodies. And there was much rejoicing! Yay!

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Thanks for the update, Steve. I'm very much looking forward to Rune Lore and Codex Celtarum!
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Tikon2000
Henchman

Post by Tikon2000 »

All right. I've been onboard with this Kick starter from the beginning. Found it exciting and joined at the level where I could enter and adventure location, npc, or town name. Found it weird that I couldn't do it through the kick starter admission, but I thought I would get contacted about it. Didn't hear anything so I sent it in an e-mail. Still heard nothing. Then some months ago I get a newsletter saying that the project was nearing completion. It came with a sample of the user donated map locations. Mine wasn't on it. So I e-mailed when you asked if they missed anything. I again sent in my submission. I finally got an e-mail back saying that they've never heard of it and that Steve might have lost a whole bunch of e-mails, so please send it in again. I did. I didn't get a response. So I waited again. I got another notice and e-mailed them back asking for some news. They said e-mail Steve. Which I did. I asked again if you got my submission. If not should I just get a refund? Well that was 2 weeks ago. Again NO RESPONSE. So I have to conclude either it's lost or I'm getting blown off. So I will be asking for a refund.
I wouldn't usually be this annoyed, but A) I paid. B) it was intended as a surprise for a gamer friend of mine.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Tikon2000 wrote:All right. I've been onboard with this Kick starter from the beginning. Found it exciting and joined at the level where I could enter and adventure location, npc, or town name. Found it weird that I couldn't do it through the kick starter admission, but I thought I would get contacted about it. Didn't hear anything so I sent it in an e-mail. Still heard nothing. Then some months ago I get a newsletter saying that the project was nearing completion. It came with a sample of the user donated map locations. Mine wasn't on it. So I e-mailed when you asked if they missed anything. I again sent in my submission. I finally got an e-mail back saying that they've never heard of it and that Steve might have lost a whole bunch of e-mails, so please send it in again. I did. I didn't get a response. So I waited again. I got another notice and e-mailed them back asking for some news. They said e-mail Steve. Which I did. I asked again if you got my submission. If not should I just get a refund? Well that was 2 weeks ago. Again NO RESPONSE. So I have to conclude either it's lost or I'm getting blown off. So I will be asking for a refund.
I wouldn't usually be this annoyed, but A) I paid. B) it was intended as a surprise for a gamer friend of mine.
Tikon,

You should be annoyed. Can you email me at steve @ trolllord.com and also at trolllordgames@yahoo.com.

Thanks!
Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Hey folks,

Appendix A went to editing today and B came back over the weekend. Still have to fine tune the the encounter chart and am going back over the runes on last time. I'll turn a bunch of this over to Peter and he'll begin layout.

Everyone who pledged tomorrow should receive an email about your submissions. We are having problems with the runelore@trolllord.com for some reason, so this email will come from another source.

Thanks!
Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Never mind Tikon! I found your email. I responded.

Thanks
Steve

Tikon2000
Henchman

Post by Tikon2000 »

Okay thanks

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Greetings All!

Okay, Rune Lore is written but for the following 5 items:

The Winter Rune needs retooled a smidge
Adventure 16 needs the Winter Runes integrated into the description
Rune Lords need converted to C&C
The Encounter Charts need constructed (there are still kicking my ass)
The Equipments Chart needs organized

All of the above is not more than an hour or two worth of work and the book will be done by late tonight (friday, March 1)

Now, the CLASS and RUNES need some heavy editing. The Class is a go, which is good; the runes are a little more rough as road where my mechanics and writing is a bloody crossroad! But that editing is not in my hands, but rather n others. I'll plug their edits in but that is all good.

After that I have to integrate the Kickstarter Submissions and this book is done. Really it sounds like a lot but its not.

This means that by Monday I'll slide into the Codex of Aihrde and get back on that horse (much easier than the rune lore mechanics).

So we are near the end. I am looking at an April release.

Thanks,
Steve

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

You say April, so in real Troll tongue that means September. Awesome! The end is in sight!
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Treebore wrote:You say April, so in real Troll tongue that means September. Awesome! The end is in sight!
I knew you couldn't resist my friend! :lol: :lol:

Rather annoyingly in working on the Winter Rune (the artifact in Rune Lore) I had to unravel a part of the story I never really looked at, that being Nulak Kiz Din's actual use of it. In our thursday night game they have the item and took it to Unklar's Iron and used it. They of course asked questions (after a successful legend lore check) that included how dude man used it in his day BEFORE the Winter Dark . . . a natural question given the fact that Aihrde is not under the Winter Dark now and usage of the artifact would be akin to its previous usage.

So now, before I can finish the Winter Rune I have to flesh out a part of Nulak's story that I didn't really give much thought to long ago. This will be included in the book as part and accessible to the characters via a book they may/may not find if the search the horse's saddle bags! ;)

Steve

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Well that is a bit of history I look forward to reading! Come September.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

A Saturday update from the Troll himself? April it is then. Todd can ship me a load of em' just in time for next month's cons!

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

tylermo wrote:A Saturday update from the Troll himself? April it is then. Todd can ship me a load of em' just in time for next month's cons!
Just had a nice talk with Mac, he's editing the spells now. Found a loop hole in using reactive runes we fixed.

Finished up Nulak's history/story. Cleaned up the Winter Rune.

I'm dropping the Rune Lords from this book as they play little part in the stories/adventures now. Move to Codex of Gods and Monsters of Aihrde.

Working on Adventure 16 now...which immediately led to some alterations on Adventure's 6 and 7.

Steve

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Any book with 16 (presumably short) adventures is okay by me. I can put those to use for next year's convention games. Trollzah!

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Alrighteo,

Adventures 6, 7, 13, 14, 15, and 16 have been amended. The setting material for Stone Band and Unklar's Iron got caught up in the clarifications and they are finished as is the Winter Rune. All this material goes to Peter Bradley for final layout.

The Nulak tale can be read here: A Wizard's Folly.

That leaves the equipment list and the encounter charts.

Onward!

Steve

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Troll Lord wrote:Alrighteo,

Onward!

Steve
I like how easy it is to tie into Gary's product.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Treebore wrote:
Troll Lord wrote:Alrighteo,

Onward!

Steve
I like how easy it is to tie into Gary's product.
Eh?

Steve