TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by Troll Lord »

TLG 8127 Rune Lore The Winter Runes
Adventure, 120 pages (estimated), Perfect Bound
ISBN: 978-1-936822-30-0
2 11 x 17 Color Map

PRE ORDER HERE

In the crumbled ruins of ancient cities, tombs and crypts where dead Kings lie, in the halls of libraries upon tablets of stone and vellum scrolls echo the secrets of worlds gone by. In their ruin lay written clues, faint reminisces of power and glory, unnoticed by men and elves, passed by as curiosities or riddles best forgotten. Runes. Dwarf runes. Runes of power. Runes that captured the language of creation, recast it in symbols and glyphs pregnant with power.

Introducing Rune Lore, an exciting new supplement for the Castles & Crusades Role Playing Game. You’ve played the divine; you’ve wrestled with the eldritch sorcery of the arcane; now, unravel the mysteries of the runes and a magic like you’ve never played before. Rune Lore takes full advantage of the Siege Engine, bringing its power to the table. Runic spells, over 40 in the book, allow the caster to use his or imagination and bend them to their will. Use the rune of fire to light torches, burn fields, set wagons afire; use the rune of fire to bring flames to life or burn foes. Combine runes for greater affect. All this by use of the Siege Engine. The only limit is your imagination.

Rune Lore is the perfect symbiosis of the philosophy of Castles & Crusades, its designers, and the world of all our collective imagination.

The runemarks, these are the nameless heroes who seek to master these runes, who take power in hand for the sheer glory of its mastery. They are hunters, scholars, voyagers, explorers, travelers; they are those who unravel the mysteries of the world behind and prophecy the one ahead. They are the runemarks.

Beyond the comforts of home, lie worlds of epic adventure.

Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Re: TLG 8320 Rune Lore

Post by Troll Lord »

Rune Lore is largely done but for the revisions on the Rune Stones. With luck those will be wrapped up this week...assuming there are no new explosions aka Classic Monsters! ;)

I'll try to get a sample of one up and around.

Trollzah!
Steve

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Very cool!
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Be sure to release the PDF first, so we can sabotage -- uh, I mean, so we can help catch errors!
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

MormonYoYoMan wrote:Be sure to release the PDF first, so we can sabotage -- uh, I mean, so we can help catch errors!
Its a date! haah

Actually I think I'm going to release the episodic adventures to the backers so they can start the advents, but I want to be a little closer to release so answers for the Rune Mark are there for the grabbing!

Steve

Arakor
Hlobane Orc

Post by Arakor »

When do you want people to start sending in their NPCs and locations?
There were a few donation levels that allowed that as a benefit, as I recall.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Arakor wrote:When do you want people to start sending in their NPCs and locations?
There were a few donation levels that allowed that as a benefit, as I recall.
When I get to the setting material, probably by the end of this week. I have 2 adventures sequences to write (the hardest one is the beginning one, Harbors Foul, I just don't like city advents) and these final runes to draw up. I'll open up an email account and I'll fire out a notice.

Thanks!
Steve

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Neat. I hope to get the real wood / bone runes as I have much blood to spill upon them.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Excellent, this! :)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

The crazy thing about projects like this is the naming.

The Runes are Dwarven runes and bare dwarven names. As Dwarf is the root language for many of the languages in Aihrde I've created a Dwarven language dictionary. It has probably about 700 entries? probably more. But each rune has to be named from a root Dwarven word to maintain consistency with the whole setting.

This is time consuming. But progress is being made!

Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Chris used the first of the runes in our game last night, the murthroe rune, a rune that conjure a tiny globe of light, about the size of a marble that he hurled at a horde of zombies, when he dispelled it, it exploded outwards, sending searing heat across the zombies dealing 1d4 per level damage to each zombie in range...he's 7th level.

It was a sweet move!

Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Only 2 more runes to rewrite and then 2 or 3 adventures. After that its organize the files and get them to editing. I will put a call out to backers for the places of interest in the next few days.

Thank you!
Steve

Storycrafter
Mist Elf

Post by Storycrafter »

Troll Lord wrote:Only 2 more runes to rewrite and then 2 or 3 adventures. After that its organize the files and get them to editing. I will put a call out to backers for the places of interest in the next few days.

Thank you!
Steve
Any updates on this?

CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Post by CKDad »

Steve posted on Facebook this morning that he's off in the mountains but working on Rune Lore while there (the minimal distractions help, I expect). I suspect we'll see something from him when he gets back next week.
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

Storycrafter
Mist Elf

Post by Storycrafter »

CKDad wrote:Steve posted on Facebook this morning that he's off in the mountains but working on Rune Lore while there (the minimal distractions help, I expect). I suspect we'll see something from him when he gets back next week.
What is this "Facebook" thing you speak of? Is it a collection of wanted posters? A magazine for sell-swords? A how-to guide for dungeon delving? An arcane spellbook comprised of the dried skins of human faces?

CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Post by CKDad »

E), all of the above. :)
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

They told me the skins weren't dry!
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

Storycrafter wrote:What is this "Facebook" thing you speak of? Is it a collection of wanted posters? A magazine for sell-swords? A how-to guide for dungeon delving? An arcane spellbook comprised of the dried skins of human faces?
I think it is the Necronomicon in the movie; Army of Darkness. . :D
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Hey folks,

Progress on Rune Lore is very good. I have finished up the re-written rune stones, 44 new magic items. I'm presently converting them to their spell format and then will re-write the rune class. This sounds like a lot but its not too much. Add to that that I am alone in the mountains for the next 6 days and I will be able to wrap this project up methinks.

I'm doing constant updates on the Castles & Crusades Facebook page. Much easier for me. If you don't know where that is, stop by and have a gander. Like it to please (I'm still in a numbers war with Fat Dragon and they have 1100 likes and C&C only 577!)

Facebook LINK

I have set up an email at [email protected] for setting submissions. If you bought into that pre-order package be sure to fire that over to me!

Thanks,
Steve

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Re: TLG 8320 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by Frost »

If you contributed enough to have an NPC in this, when is the deadline?

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

I deleted something I sad in the past!

Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

I plugged about 3000 words on Andrus Road but only covered the first 75 miles of it. I have another 45 to go. I'll put those in tomorrow and they will include Frost's submitted encounter!

Trollzah,
Steve

MattyHelms
Ungern

Post by MattyHelms »

Should everyone who pre ordered have received an e-mail?

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

Any word on the status of this bad boy?

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Frost wrote:Any word on the status of this bad boy?
Here's a quick update: The adventures and setting area is finished. I'm intergrating contributors Monday/Tuesday and those sections are ready for final editing. The class section still needs clarification on the spells and beefing up on the class as it was too weak. Depending on the editing this should be out next month.

Thanks!
Steve

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

MattyHelms wrote:Should everyone who pre ordered have received an e-mail?
That's a good question since I certainly didn't get one. Maybe it was for the level where there was contributions going in?

M

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

moriarty777 wrote:
MattyHelms wrote:Should everyone who pre ordered have received an e-mail?
That's a good question since I certainly didn't get one. Maybe it was for the level where there was contributions going in?

M
Moriarty,

Emal me at [email protected] and we'll get it rolling. The setting and adventure material will be heading to editing this week or early next. The class information not far behind it.

Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by Troll Lord »

Greetings.

I'm turning over the setting content for editing on the 20th. On the 23rd will do a final reading of the adventures and send those over by the end of the week. The class has been finalized and the spells need a little love to them. They will go to editing last.

I sent this email out to all backers:

Greetings all,

If you are receiving this email you have placed a pre-order for Rune Lore. The Pre-order package gives you the opportunity to create a place setting or NPC in the Rune Lore setting. This encompasses the Gottland, the Inner Sea and the Holmgrad Mountains as well as the Moravan Plains and Great Northern Forest.

The entry should be 300-1000 words or so long and can cover whatever content you desire: an inn in a town, a small keep, an encounter area with monster, magic item, NPC. You can even write up your favorite character or group and have them put in the setting

If you do not desire to write an entry please let me know so we can mark you off the list.

If you are please drop us a note as soon as you can and let us know the entry is coming. We are moving Rune Lore into editing.

Thank you!
Steve

There are over 20 high level backers. Only 4 have sent in their submissions so far. So please if you intend to do so send them in to runelore at trolllord.com. If you do not just let me know via here, facebook, etc etc etc

Thanks!
Steve

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

E-mail sent Mr. Troll Lord.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Rune Lore was punted hard last month due to Gencon and other various and sundries. But she's back on now. Its largely done but for the class itself. Its given me fits and starts. The first two playtests were "this is okay, but nothing really cool"; so I've retooled it twice. Part of my problem I discovered was that I was attempting to shoe horn a prestige class for 3rd edition into C&C. This didn't work.

In working with Chris Harris (long time at my table) and Mac Golden of PH fame, I think I've come up with a real workable class that stands apart, is modular and takes full advantage of the Siege Engine. So I'm pretty tanked.

As of this writing, September 18, 2012, I hope to wrap up the class material in the next 10 days and get it done and playtested, this includes the runic spells and magic items (much of which is done). So it shouldn't be too long now.

But with that in mind we've opened up the book to pre-orders again. So if you missed the first round, be sure to have a go now.

This is all done on our NEW PRE ORDER Page which gives you many options to choose from.

Thanks!
Steve