TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
Treebore
Mogrl

Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)

Post by Treebore »

jamonwagner wrote:I'm assuming that it is way too late to get in on the preorder? I'd had my eyes on the Codex and the Player's Guide in the Anvil for quite some time. I didn't realize that there was a preorder available until I finally decided to come into the forums to check if any release dates had been mentioned...
Not sure. Best suggestion I can make is look at its order page on the TLG site.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Treebore wrote:
jamonwagner wrote:I'm assuming that it is way too late to get in on the preorder? I'd had my eyes on the Codex and the Player's Guide in the Anvil for quite some time. I didn't realize that there was a preorder available until I finally decided to come into the forums to check if any release dates had been mentioned...
Jeesh, I preordered through the Troll website in 2012! I just hope they've still got a record of my order.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

dachda wrote:
Treebore wrote:
Jeesh, I preordered through the Troll website in 2012! I just hope they've still got a record of my order.
Trolls. 'nuff said!
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

The Codex of Aihrde should go on preorder the moment we send it to the printer, which should be soon…I keep saying that, and should probably stop! I'm going to jinx myself.

Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

dachda wrote:
Treebore wrote:
Dachda,

We have all the orders on file. . . printed. I'll pull those this week and let you know.

I've been hacking at this all day, will continue until its done or someone knocks me out of this chair.

Steve

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Troll Lord wrote:
Dachda,

We have all the orders on file. . . printed. I'll pull those this week and let you know.

I've been hacking at this all day, will continue until its done or someone knocks me out of this chair.

Steve
Thanks Steve. I searched among my old old emails and found my email receipt for the Codex. Looks like I paid $40 for bundle 3 of the Codex. Maybe you could answer what that preorder from Feb, 2, 2012 will get me when Aihrde finally is out? Also if you are going to go preorder again in a few weeks, I assume you will find a way to convert the old preorders into the new preorder?

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

So, I unexpectedly remembered ordering the Codex of Aihrde this morning and wondered whatever became of it. Since I haven't been on the forums in quite a while, I first checked through my old email and, sure enough, found my receipt email indicating my pre-order: On MAY 19, 2012! Over 2 years and 3 months ago...

Naturally I forwarded that to the Troll Lords with a "what's up?" query. Then, on a whim, I decided to pop back here and, after fighting to remember my login information, found my way to this thread.

Soooo...am I to understand the product I ordered over 2 years ago is still...is still being written? A lot of stuff has come out since then, why wouldn't a pre-order like this get, I don't know, a little bit of priority on the release list?

Based on the thread so far, the last update was over 2 weeks ago and in it we were told this was going to the printer "soon." Can we please get a solid understanding of what "soon" means?

EDIT: I realize this sounds a bit pushy. Don't misunderstand, I'm a pretty patient man. And, I know that with some Troll Lord releases we have had to learn to be extra patient. But it's been over 2 years! It's time to put this thing to bed ASAP and get us our books.
"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities
for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” -- E. G. G.

--------------------------------------------------
Castles & Crusades Society Member

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

redwullf wrote:Based on the thread so far, the last update was over 2 weeks ago and in it we were told this was going to the printer "soon." Can we please get a solid understanding of what "soon" means?
At this point I'm not all that interested in "we hope" updates. It's been so long that nothing short of, "It's gone to the printers." would be satisfactory. Everything else is just meaningless.
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

No response here or to my email. I wish I could say I was surprised, but it's this level of customer service that has moved me away from Troll Lord Games over the years... Sad, I know, but there's only so much we can put up with. No matter how great the game, loyalty is a two-way street and I've often felt that the Trolls could show a bit more love for their adoring and supportive fans. Ignoring our requests and grievances doesn't exactly make for warm and fuzzies. Just my 2 cents.
"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities
for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” -- E. G. G.

--------------------------------------------------
Castles & Crusades Society Member

Storycrafter
Mist Elf

Post by Storycrafter »

redwullf wrote:No response here or to my email. I wish I could say I was surprised, but it's this level of customer service that has moved me away from Troll Lord Games over the years
One of the reasons I'm now refusing to participate in any more KS from these guys. You're not alone in your thoughts.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

redwullf wrote:No response here or to my email. I wish I could say I was surprised, but it's this level of customer service that has moved me away from Troll Lord Games over the years... Sad, I know, but there's only so much we can put up with. No matter how great the game, loyalty is a two-way street and I've often felt that the Trolls could show a bit more love for their adoring and supportive fans. Ignoring our requests and grievances doesn't exactly make for warm and fuzzies. Just my 2 cents.
We all know Trolls don't know how to keep to a schedule, especially when the one called "Steve" is the lead on the project. With all his other responsibilities, on every single other project TLG does, anything he has to do is going to take a looooooong time to get done. Plus, Trolls are not big communicators. Which is why when I want answers, I call them. They usually know how to pick up a phone.

Plus lets not ignore the fact that in the mean time, we have gotten Haunted Highlands, two Cordexes, Eskadia, etc... relatively on time, all of which that "Steve Troll" had to also work on. Which just illustrates why a project that he is responsible for getting out will take 2+ years to get done.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

redwullf wrote:So, I unexpectedly remembered ordering the Codex of Aihrde this morning and wondered whatever became of it. Since I haven't been on the forums in quite a while, I first checked through my old email and, sure enough, found my receipt email indicating my pre-order: On MAY 19, 2012! Over 2 years and 3 months ago...

Naturally I forwarded that to the Troll Lords with a "what's up?" query. Then, on a whim, I decided to pop back here and, after fighting to remember my login information, found my way to this thread.

Soooo...am I to understand the product I ordered over 2 years ago is still...is still being written? A lot of stuff has come out since then, why wouldn't a pre-order like this get, I don't know, a little bit of priority on the release list?

Based on the thread so far, the last update was over 2 weeks ago and in it we were told this was going to the printer "soon." Can we please get a solid understanding of what "soon" means?

EDIT: I realize this sounds a bit pushy. Don't misunderstand, I'm a pretty patient man. And, I know that with some Troll Lord releases we have had to learn to be extra patient. But it's been over 2 years! It's time to put this thing to bed ASAP and get us our books.
Not being pushy at all Redwulf. The problem with the Codex of Aihrde is that it was a rewrite that only I can do. And the company has been jumping all over the place lately. Because I run the company anything that goes wrong or needs attention consumes my time. When we put this up for pre-order I had a clean slate for months, but that was derailed very quickly and I was forced to work on other projects. It really didn't let up until Tim Burns was rehired to work for us and then even more when Mark Sandy came back on full time..before that I was running it, doing the social marketing and running the print shop when Mark/Davis wasn't in. So it proved a nightmare.

That said, its no excuse to accept money from you guys and not deliver the project. That's why we've offered a refund for over a year. Anyone who wants their money back, please email tim at [email protected] and we'll get you a refund as soon as we digest the email. (do not email/facebook/PM me, it will become one of those things that gets put on my to do list and gets slowly buried).

The refund is still valid, so please, give us a shout and we'll send your money back to you.

Thanks!
Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Storycrafter wrote:
redwullf wrote:No response here or to my email. I wish I could say I was surprised, but it's this level of customer service that has moved me away from Troll Lord Games over the years
One of the reasons I'm now refusing to participate in any more KS from these guys. You're not alone in your thoughts.
Just to be very clear, aside from this Preorder and the Rune Lore Preorder (both books written by me), we've delivered on all our Kickstarters and continue to do so. One was several months late because of some editing issues that cropped after press.

But, don't read that as a condemnation of you or not backing us! :)

Thanks!
Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Treebore wrote:
redwullf wrote:No response here or to my email. I wish I could say I was surprised, but it's this level of customer service that has moved me away from Troll Lord Games over the years... Sad, I know, but there's only so much we can put up with. No matter how great the game, loyalty is a two-way street and I've often felt that the Trolls could show a bit more love for their adoring and supportive fans. Ignoring our requests and grievances doesn't exactly make for warm and fuzzies. Just my 2 cents.
We all know Trolls don't know how to keep to a schedule, especially when the one called "Steve" is the lead on the project. With all his other responsibilities, on every single other project TLG does, anything he has to do is going to take a looooooong time to get done. Plus, Trolls are not big communicators. Which is why when I want answers, I call them. They usually know how to pick up a phone.

Plus lets not ignore the fact that in the mean time, we have gotten Haunted Highlands, two Cordexes, Eskadia, etc... relatively on time, all of which that "Steve Troll" had to also work on. Which just illustrates why a project that he is responsible for getting out will take 2+ years to get done.
Thanks for the vote of confidence Tree! And your exactly right. Every project has to roll over my desk and that always knocks stuff I want to be doing for a loop.

BUT that said!

Peter is starting layout out on Codex of Aihrde Legends (this is the 112000 words of mythology for the world of Aihrde), the M&T color became a monster for him so he's just wrapped it up.

Here's what is going to happen. He's going to lay it out in NOVEL size, sans art. After that we'll PDF/Kindle it and send it out to all backers. So as we shift part two into layout we'll release this for everyone to begin reading and digesting. Its alot of mythology. Greatly expanded. The seconed section is all the CK material and it will go in the regular game book: Codex of Aihrde. He'll be working on that while the CKG rolls into editing with Steve Ege (I have to put in all Mark Sandy's edits in the CKG before I can send that to Steve).

Its not much of a schedule I know. But its coming, sooner rather than later.

I just hope its worth the wait!

Steve

thenorthman
Hlobane Orc

Post by thenorthman »

I am new to C&C but looking forward to when this is available for me to do a pre-order on. :mrgreen:

Looks like a world I can have fun with. Although Haunted Highlands is proving interesting as well.

EDIT: Just noticed I am a "Mist Elf"....ummm :roll:

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

thenorthman wrote:EDIT: Just noticed I am a "Mist Elf"....ummm :roll:

Your now officially a race within Aihrde.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

I had my first look at the laid out Codex of Aihrde: Legends. (that all backers will get) and its 350 pages long.

This is Chapter 1 of the Codex of Aihrde and is all the mythologies and history of the world. The Title of it WILL CHANGE. I still haven't decided on it.

We'll release for Kindle, Epub and general PDF for all backers.

Steve

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Troll Lord wrote:I had my first look at the laid out Codex of Aihrde: Legends. (that all backers will get) and its 350 pages long.

This is Chapter 1 of the Codex of Aihrde and is all the mythologies and history of the world. The Title of it WILL CHANGE. I still haven't decided on it.

Steve
I backed at the $40 dollar level two years ago. At that point it was for one big hardcover book. What does that level get me now? Are there different levels if I wanted to pay more, for more stuff, or is the $40 the only pre-order level?

I ask because there is no way I would read a 350 page book as a pdf, (don't like reading more than a few pages on a screen) so if that is separate from the actual hardcover, maybe there can be an option to get a printed version of the Legends.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

dachda wrote:
Troll Lord wrote:I had my first look at the laid out Codex of Aihrde: Legends. (that all backers will get) and its 350 pages long.

Steve
I backed at the $40 dollar level two years ago. At that point it was for one big hardcover book. What does that level get me now? Are there different levels if I wanted to pay more, for more stuff, or is the $40 the only pre-order level?

I ask because there is no way I would read a 350 page book as a pdf, (don't like reading more than a few pages on a screen) so if that is separate from the actual hardcover, maybe there can be an option to get a printed version of the Legends.
No, your good to go. This 350 pages is at the traditional sci-fi book paper back size....6.75 x 4. 25 or thereabouts. The book you purchased is the game book: The Codex of Aihrde and its Chapter One, is the same content was will appear in this 350 page book. That will be printed in regular format, 8.5 x 11, 10 font. It will include six more chapters that is the game related material for Aihrde.

Hope that makes sense. If i could settle on the title this would be much easier. hahah

Now we will release the paper back by itself at some point, but not before the Codex lumbers off to press.

Steve

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Troll Lord wrote:
dachda wrote:

Steve

No, your good to go. This 350 pages is at the traditional sci-fi book paper back size....6.75 x 4. 25 or thereabouts. The book you purchased is the game book: The Codex of Aihrde and its Chapter One, is the same content was will appear in this 350 page book. That will be printed in regular format, 8.5 x 11, 10 font. It will include six more chapters that is the game related material for Aihrde.

Hope that makes sense. If i could settle on the title this would be much easier. hahah

Now we will release the paper back by itself at some point, but not before the Codex lumbers off to press.

Steve
Ahh, so the Legends book will (at some point) be released as a regular novel paperback book size, but it is also chapter one of the hardcover Aihrde book which will also include all the gamey chapters for us to us Aihrde in our game sessions. So with my $40 preorder I do get all the material in the hardcover. Great thanks for clarification. Looking forward to the book!

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Hoping today. Should be tomorrow (the 25th).

Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Peter uploaded the files to me this afternoon. I have some small changes I want to make this evening. But with luck this will go out PDF to the backs tonight (it will be late).

Steve

Storycrafter
Mist Elf

Post by Storycrafter »

Troll Lord wrote:Peter uploaded the files to me this afternoon. I have some small changes I want to make this evening. But with luck this will go out PDF to the backs tonight (it will be late).

Steve
Cheers. You can do this!

On the other hand, that's pretty hard core if you're rocking the editor's chair on a Friday night of all nights.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Troll Lord wrote:Peter uploaded the files to me this afternoon. I have some small changes I want to make this evening. But with luck this will go out PDF to the backs tonight (it will be late).

Steve
I am usually awake until 4 or 5 AM, so bring it on!

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

haha I'm still hacking at.

Formally titled the Andanuth.

I know peter did me up a cover, but I can't find it, so I"m having to hobble one together for this crazy PDF.

Its 2:34 Am at the moment.

Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

It was doomed.

The Andanuth is ready to go, however all the emails for the Codex of Aihrde preorder have vanished from the list that I used previously. I'll have to hand enter them in tomorrow (Saturday), or with luck, find them somewhere.

I'll hit it tomorrow asap.

Thanks all!

Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

It went out! Trollzah!

Tree yours bounced, but I know the email is good. Will send from a different email address.

Thanks,
Steve

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

So, if we pre-ordered the Codex, we should be enjoying the PDF RIGHT NOW?

/me looks in INBOX...

No PDF!
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Aergraith wrote:So, if we pre-ordered the Codex, we should be enjoying the PDF RIGHT NOW?

/me looks in INBOX...

No PDF!
Resent! I sent this one to the email associated with these boards. If its not good drop me a note and let me know where to send it.

Thanks!
Steve

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Troll Lord wrote: Resent! I sent this one to the email associated with these boards. If its not good drop me a note and let me know where to send it.

Thanks!
Steve
Thanks, Steve. I got it. Whatever other email you had on file, the one you just sent to is the correct one.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com