TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
thenorthman
Hlobane Orc

Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)

Post by thenorthman »

Its started!!!!!

DMSamuel
Red Cap

Post by DMSamuel »

Woohoo! Backed - I'm a sucker for a good setting book.
~DMSamuel
---

narpet
Red Cap

Post by narpet »

Backed... Love this, and love the "pre" launch offer.

Troll Lord's - You're killing me with all these Kickstarters. I think I've backed all but one so far... I just can't stop myself. :)

maasenstodt
Hlobane Orc

Post by maasenstodt »

So I remember the amount that I originally spent on the pre-order ($100), but I don't remember the details of what was included at that time or - more importantly - what's included now. There's a few things that I definitely want to add (leathers, for instance), but I'd like to know what's already coming my way before doing so.

Steve, can you help?

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I threw my money at it. G good thing is was pay day. ;)

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

maasenstodt wrote:So I remember the amount that I originally spent on the pre-order ($100), but I don't remember the details of what was included at that time or - more importantly - what's included now. There's a few things that I definitely want to add (leathers, for instance), but I'd like to know what's already coming my way before doing so.

Steve, can you help?
I'm in the same boat. Remember what I paid, but not what comes with it. I paid $40 in 2012, so does that now include both the Codex and the Player's guide? Or just the Codex? I want both plus maps, so I'm still not understanding how to pledge. I'd like all the stuff at the $69 level.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

DMSamuel wrote:Woohoo! Backed - I'm a sucker for a good setting book.
Trollzah and thank you!

Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

narpet wrote:Backed... Love this, and love the "pre" launch offer.

Troll Lord's - You're killing me with all these Kickstarters. I think I've backed all but one so far... I just can't stop myself. :)
Yeah, we are going through them alot of aster than thought. I don't think they will last the day!

I love them finding a home though. Several times we've about sent those books to Valhalla, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

:cry:

steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Dacha/Rigon

Here is the original pre-order page so you can see what you picked up.

What your probably missing is the large maps, pledge level 20. But check the add ons as well. You can pledge a dollar on the new one and scoop up stuff on the add ons.

http://www.trolllord.com/cnc/preordercodexofaihrde.html

Thanks,
Steve

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Troll Lord wrote:Dacha/Rigon

What your probably missing is the large maps, pledge level 20. But check the add ons as well. You can pledge a dollar on the new one and scoop up stuff on the add ons.

Thanks,
Steve
Hi Steve,
This only partially clears things up for me. I originally paid $40, so would get a pdf and a hardcover book, plus some stuff I have no use for like pencils, coins and a CK campaign diary. So what does that exactly translate into in the new KS? Just the Codex book? both the Codex and the players book? And how mechanically/procedurally in kickstarter do I add funds to the $40 I already paid? Thanks.

Chris 'dachda'

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

dachda wrote:

Thanks,
Steve
Hi Steve,
This only partially clears things up for me. I originally paid $40, so would get a pdf and a hardcover book, plus some stuff I have no use for like pencils, coins and a CK campaign diary. So what does that exactly translate into in the new KS? Just the Codex book? both the Codex and the players book? And how mechanically/procedurally in kickstarter do I add funds to the $40 I already paid? Thanks.

Chris 'dachda'
I know we get both books, because Steve writes like he talks, he can't shut up, so the single book got turned into two books.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

maasenstodt
Hlobane Orc

Post by maasenstodt »

Does the ability to have a "small swath of land to people with unique places, items and or NPCs to be included in the official Codex of Aihrde (subject to approval)" still apply?

maasenstodt
Hlobane Orc

Post by maasenstodt »

Treebore wrote:I know we get both books, because Steve writes like he talks, he can't shut up, so the single book got turned into two books.
OK. So assuming that's true, if I paid $100 on the original pre-order, and if I want to get additional copies of both the Codex and Player's Guide in leather, how much do I need to add?

Also, while I'm due a "full set of 9 12 x 18 maps CASEBOUND," do I need to pay more to get the rolled up poster maps?

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

dachda wrote:

Thanks,
Steve
Hi Steve,

Chris 'dachda'
If you ordered it on the original pre-order page, the one I linked, which you did. Then Treebore is right, you get both books. I split the thing because it was too big . . and tree is right I can't stop blabbering. haha Though SOME people, its not many, just ordered it from the site later.

So right now you are getting Codex of of Aihre, the Players Guide and all that other stuff from the 40 dollar level (from the ORIGINAL preorder). Because we hit our stretch goal the Codex now includes the FOLD OUT map bound in it (detachable). So you have that coming too.

If you want the big two map deal, then you need to pledge either at the 20 dollar level, or the 1 dollar level and buy the maps as an add on....which will cost you 20 bucks. So that's kind of circular. hahaha

Does that make sense?

Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Treebore wrote:
dachda wrote:

Thanks,
Steve
Hi Steve,

Chris 'dachda'
I know we get both books, because Steve writes like he talks, he can't shut up, so the single book got turned into two books.
:lol: :lol:

Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

maasenstodt wrote:Does the ability to have a "small swath of land to people with unique places, items and or NPCs to be included in the official Codex of Aihrde (subject to approval)" still apply?
Only for the original pre-order and if you qualify then your good to go, but I need that asap. Almost no one sent their submissions in. And I need to get them i the book asap. I want to go to print before this kickstarter closes.

Thanks!
Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

maasenstodt wrote:
Treebore wrote:I know we get both books, because Steve writes like he talks, he can't shut up, so the single book got turned into two books.
OK. So assuming that's true, if I paid $100 on the original pre-order, and if I want to get additional copies of both the Codex and Player's Guide in leather, how much do I need to add?

Also, while I'm due a "full set of 9 12 x 18 maps CASEBOUND," do I need to pay more to get the rolled up poster maps?
To get the leathers you need to pledge 125.00. That level automatically comes with the rolled up poster maps. We don't currently have a level with ONLY leathers. Though we could add those on as an add on.

And to clarify, Tree is right, you are getting the Codex of Aihrde and the Player Guide to Aihrde already.

Thanks,
Steve

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Troll Lord wrote:
dachda wrote:

Thanks,
Steve
Hi Steve,

Chris 'dachda'
If you ordered it on the original pre-order page, the one I linked, which you did. Then Treebore is right, you get both books. I split the thing because it was too big . . and tree is right I can't stop blabbering. haha Though SOME people, its not many, just ordered it from the site later.

So right now you are getting Codex of of Aihre, the Players Guide and all that other stuff from the 40 dollar level (from the ORIGINAL preorder). Because we hit our stretch goal the Codex now includes the FOLD OUT map bound in it (detachable). So you have that coming too.

If you want the big two map deal, then you need to pledge either at the 20 dollar level, or the 1 dollar level and buy the maps as an add on....which will cost you 20 bucks. So that's kind of circular. hahaha

Does that make sense?

Steve
Yes, I finally got it. Thanks!

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

Troll Lord wrote:
maasenstodt wrote:Does the ability to have a "small swath of land to people with unique places, items and or NPCs to be included in the official Codex of Aihrde (subject to approval)" still apply?
Only for the original pre-order and if you qualify then your good to go, but I need that asap. Almost no one sent their submissions in. And I need to get them i the book asap. I want to go to print before this kickstarter closes.

Thanks!
Steve
I thought that window closed. I was just too lazy to make up the NPC I wanted to do. I found it quite difficult to actually do it considering I haven't gamed in a very long time and was woefully out of practice. What was once easy had become a chore. If I do get Barnabus all written up where do I send it to?
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Sir Ironside wrote:I thought that window closed. I was just too lazy to make up the NPC I wanted to do. I found it quite difficult to actually do it considering I haven't gamed in a very long time and was woefully out of practice. What was once easy had become a chore. If I do get Barnabus all written up where do I send it to?
A followup question: What kind of word-count limit are we looking at here.

M

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Ironside, Mort,

For the submissions, 300-600 words should suffice, but if you want to go longer, go for it.

A small encounter area with personages is always a good thing, maybe an adventure hook or two. Don't stat anything out either, as the Codex doesn't have any rules stuff in it.

Thanks!
Steve

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

When I pledged for the Rune Lord book, my package included submitting some material like you are describing for adding to the Codex of Aihrde, but I never heard any details about what and how I was supposed to submit something. Can/should I add my material to the Codex of Aihrde now?
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Buttmonkey wrote:When I pledged for the Rune Lord book, my package included submitting some material like you are describing for adding to the Codex of Aihrde, but I never heard any details about what and how I was supposed to submit something. Can/should I add my material to the Codex of Aihrde now?
Yes email it to me at troll@troll.... AND cc tim@troll.... If you don't hear back from one us, nudge me hear.

That goes for everyone.

Thanks!
Steve

obatron
Ungern

Post by obatron »

Have you thought to make the world map available as an addon?

thenorthman
Hlobane Orc

Post by thenorthman »

obatron wrote:Have you thought to make the world map available as an addon?
I would probably add an extra one....just because!

Although I got my son and myself each backing so guess I would get two anyways. :D

EDIT: What I really want is the pull down map....just don't know if can afford one this close to closing on a new house....welll new to us. It was built in 31' absolutely gorgus! Previous owner bought it in 88' and took wonderful care of it. Love it...of course of topic. :mrgreen:

narpet
Red Cap

Post by narpet »

Just upped my pledge. Gotta get the players guide too. :)

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

So if we're satisfied with the $40 we originally gave during the 2012 pre-order, do we need to do anything at all in Kickstarter, or do you have a record of those pre-orders and we can just expect shipment when everything is done?
"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities
for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” -- E. G. G.

--------------------------------------------------
Castles & Crusades Society Member

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

redwullf wrote:So if we're satisfied with the $40 we originally gave during the 2012 pre-order, do we need to do anything at all in Kickstarter, or do you have a record of those pre-orders and we can just expect shipment when everything is done?
If your satisfied, your good to go.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

The Codex is trending toward a total of $79,000 by end of the kickstarter according to Kicktraq. Wow, that'd be amazing if accurate. Trolls, better start planning some more of the extras!

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/676918 ... castles-a/

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

Without relating too many details (other than I was tempted to shove what I held briefly in my hands at GaryCon into my coat and run for the bar door) - the Codex is definitely getting VERY close.
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com