TLG 8125 Classic Monsters (Available)

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Classic Monsters The Manual

Post by tylermo »

Stephen, you guys are the Macguyver's of the RPG print shop realm! Maybe the A-Team. All of you with your string, glue, scissors, paper, and mini-14's. You'd have a cigar in your mouth, and a Dr. Pepper in hand. "I love it when a book comes together". :lol:

Thoom
Hlobane Orc

Post by Thoom »

moriarty777 wrote:I have received my package!!! Thoom -- hopefully you'll be getting yours today as well (right before the long weekend). Mine also left the 8th of May and, given the destinations, it's a very good sign!
Thanks Moriarty, I was out of town on Friday for the long weekend and got back only yesterday evening (extended long weekend). I went and got it from the post office today and I finally got my package! I can't look into it much since I'm at work atm but I look forward to checking it out tonight.

Thoom
Hlobane Orc

Post by Thoom »

Troll Lord wrote:I have tracked your package. It left here on the 8th as noted. It shipped in a priority box. It arrived in Miami FL on the 13th and shipped out to Canada on the 16th. It cleared Canadian customs today, on the 17th at 11.41 in the morning. So with any luck in the next day or so.

Thanks,
Steve
I got it! Thanks Steve.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

At last! I've been watching this with great interest, Thoom. Well, maybe mild interest. ;)

Thoom
Hlobane Orc

Post by Thoom »

Hey thanks Tylermo :)

The classic monsters manual is great. I was surprised by the colour plates (I didn't remember there were supposed to be colour plates). Great work Kim on the content, and Peter on the layout and the rest, and everyone else involved. The T-Shirt looks great and I think I'l use the TLG coins as tokens in my game. It's been a long wait but as expected I'm happy with the material I got.

mediapig
Ungern

Re: TLG 8125 Classic Monsters (Available)

Post by mediapig »

Just picked this up from my FLGS (they ordered it for me) and I have to say I'm very impressed with the quality of this book! The construction seems much more solid than the CKG, and I just plain like the glossy cover look better than the matte.

Love most of the monster treatments (although I do kind of miss the Power Word: Kill ability of the Death Knights.

Are there any plans to re-release the CKG with this type of binding? It really does seem much sturdier.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Re: TLG 8125 Classic Monsters (Available)

Post by Troll Lord »

mediapig wrote:Just picked this up from my FLGS (they ordered it for me) and I have to say I'm very impressed with the quality of this book! The construction seems much more solid than the CKG, and I just plain like the glossy cover look better than the matte.

Love most of the monster treatments (although I do kind of miss the Power Word: Kill ability of the Death Knights.

Are there any plans to re-release the CKG with this type of binding? It really does seem much sturdier.
Mediapig,

Its already out. We switched to the high gloss cover as retailers were complaining. Any CKG ordered now is the high gloss.

Thanks!
Steve