TLG 8125 Classic Monsters (Available)

This forum is a rarely properly updated forum that discusses everything we are working on at the Dens!
Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Re: Classic Monsters The Manual

Post by Sir Ironside »

dachda wrote:Can't remember what are the coins for?
Relaxo wrote:each coin is a 10% discount on future orders from TLG, IIRC.
I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong here, but I remember a discussion on this forum about the coins only being redeemable at cons that TLG are at.

I don't know how they exactly work, but I can't see you being able to go up to table present 10 coins and walking away with a free book. I'd imagine that there is a "up to..." coins being used at the same time. If you can get a free book using 10 coins, that is cool, but I don't ever remember it being spelled out just how you can use them.
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I didn't participate in the pre-order, but there may have been a post about the coins. Just not sure. Wasn't there a t-shirt too? I'd like to know the particulars regarding that item. Please say a black tee with the cover of classic monsters on it.

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Sir Ironside wrote:
I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong here, but I remember a discussion on this forum about the coins only being redeemable at cons that TLG are at.

I don't know how they exactly work, but I can't see you being able to go up to table present 10 coins and walking away with a free book. I'd imagine that there is a "up to..." coins being used at the same time. If you can get a free book using 10 coins, that is cool, but I don't ever remember it being spelled out just how you can use them.
If they are only usable at Cons, at which the Trolls have a sales presence then my coins are essentially worthless. I don't have the time, money and vacation time away from the family to get to any Con the Trolls attend. I imagine many other folks will be in the same situation as me.

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

I can't recall the award levels. I hope I didn't open a can of worms or get someone else's book by mistake.
IIRC, the coins were limited to 1 per order, so with 5 coins it would be 5 10% discounts, not 1 50% or some other combo there of. and the in person thing makes sense, I mean, unless you mail in an order with a coin? I haven't bothered searching out the answer yet. :)
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Peter
Red Cap

Post by Peter »

According to the award levels, all the pre-orders should of been signed, and everyone who pledged at least 10 gets 5 coins.
Peter's Guide to Everything Else (WIP)
Ruin (WIP)
5e Indexes
AD&D Indexes
BECMI Indexes

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

Dang it. Not in the mail again. I feel like that kid in "The Christmas Story" waiting for his Little Orphan Annie decoder ring.

Ieuane
Ungern

Post by Ieuane »

To anyone who has received the book, would you mind sharing your thoughts on the art/layout/content?

I'll eventually buy it, but I've enjoyed converting beasties from FF and MM2 as the need arises.

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Frost wrote:Dang it. Not in the mail again. I feel like that kid in "The Christmas Story" waiting for his Little Orphan Annie decoder ring.
Would this be that for which you're looking?

http://tinyurl.com/7nb2bmq
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

JediOre
Red Cap

Post by JediOre »

Guys,

My wife phoned and said a package from Troll Lords came today! Now I just have to survive the rest of work and the drive home to see what lurks within!
In the words of my good friend Trevor, "Hey, put an arrow in that flying mummy! What could possibly happen?"

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

dachda wrote:If they are only usable at Cons, at which the Trolls have a sales presence then my coins are essentially worthless. I don't have the time, money and vacation time away from the family to get to any Con the Trolls attend. I imagine many other folks will be in the same situation as me.
Same boat as you. Unless they hold a con up here, or relatively close (Like Minneapolis, which would still be hard for me to attend.) the coins are nothing more than baubles to show around. I guess I could use them, somehow, that is integrated into a C&C rpg session/campaign. (Using a FATE like mechanic?)

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Hey folks,

We hit a bit of a snag with the shipping and it choked off the shipment of the larger orders. Essentially we had pre-packaged and labeled the boxes, but come to find out the postage was 50% greater than anticipated (for media mail), and about 5 bucks LESS for priority. So, had to repackage everything and start over (on the 100+ orders) but these are heading out on Monday so you should all be getting them soon.

Anyone who did a regular pre-order, I made sure all of those went out today. You SHOULD have an email in your inbox telling you that it shipped. If you ordered one and do not have said email, check your spam filter and if still nothing, email me at orders AT trolllord.com.

And for any and all who did the kickstarter, we still have a large number of address missing. I'll post a list here and on kickstarter to give it a shake up.

Thanks all for the patience!

Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

dachda wrote:
Sir Ironside wrote:

If they are only usable at Cons, at which the Trolls have a sales presence then my coins are essentially worthless. I don't have the time, money and vacation time away from the family to get to any Con the Trolls attend. I imagine many other folks will be in the same situation as me.
Hey Dacha,

The coins are each worth 10% off (or is it 20, I will have to check) a single purchase. One coin, one book. Two coins, two books. They are designed for use with conventions and at participating retail stores. So if you bring us the coin, we'll discount the book.

You can certainly use them via mail, drop em in the mail with a check and we'll go that route.

But otherwise we haven't set up a good way to do it via email/internet. But we are the Trolls and a fairly clever lot when it comes to it, so give us a little time. ;)

Steve

CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Post by CKDad »

So, if I'm understanding correctly, if I ordered via Kickstarter and don't have it yet, it should be in the batch that's leaving Monday?
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Troll Lord wrote:
dachda wrote:
Sir Ironside wrote:

Hey Dacha,

The coins are each worth 10% off (or is it 20, I will have to check) a single purchase. One coin, one book. Two coins, two books. They are designed for use with conventions and at participating retail stores. So if you bring us the coin, we'll discount the book.

You can certainly use them via mail, drop em in the mail with a check and we'll go that route.

But otherwise we haven't set up a good way to do it via email/internet. But we are the Trolls and a fairly clever lot when it comes to it, so give us a little time. ;)

Steve
Okay thanks Steve. Glad to hear you're thinking of ways for us Con-poor fellas to benefit too. I suppose we could also mail the coin and then place the order via paypal with a note saying the coin was on its way?

kreider204
Unkbartig

Post by kreider204 »

dachda wrote: Okay thanks Steve. Glad to hear you're thinking of ways for us Con-poor fellas to benefit too. I suppose we could also mail the coin and then place the order via paypal with a note saying the coin was on its way?
Or trade the coins for online coupons (TLG or drivethruRPG/RPGnow)?

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

dachda wrote:
Okay thanks Steve. Glad to hear you're thinking of ways for us Con-poor fellas to benefit too. I suppose we could also mail the coin and then place the order via paypal with a note saying the coin was on its way?
Yeah, that just seemed kind of silly. But the idea was to circulate the coins as currency, you all get discounts and we can reuse the coins, etc etc.

Steve

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

dachda wrote:I suppose we could also mail the coin and then place the order via paypal with a note saying the coin was on its way?
I don't know many business' that use a faith based model for selling stuff.
kreider204 wrote:Or trade the coins for online coupons (TLG or drivethruRPG/RPGnow)?
I thought of this to, and make this very clear, I don't have a complete understanding of how either a pdf site or the TLG store works, but my question is, how could you make just one book get the coupon if your buying multiple books in one order? Seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through for what I'd think is a very minor "incentive program" to buy TLG books.

I can probably guess at my second question. Could you use the coin to get the 10% of with another sale? Lets say your offering the core books at 25% off, could you add a coin and make it 35% off? To answer my own question, I'd imagine you couldn't.

JediOre
Red Cap

Post by JediOre »

The coins are nice. They are silvery tokens that remind me of the great days in the '80s at the arcade, i.e. Aladdin's Castle and Fun Factory!

I love the tee-shirt too.

Oh, yea, the book is totally worth it!
In the words of my good friend Trevor, "Hey, put an arrow in that flying mummy! What could possibly happen?"

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

Ieuane wrote:To anyone who has received the book, would you mind sharing your thoughts on the art/layout/content?

I'll eventually buy it, but I've enjoyed converting beasties from FF and MM2 as the need arises.
Honestly, I love it.
'nuff said. :D
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Sir Ironside wrote:
dachda wrote:I suppose we could also mail the coin and then place the order via paypal with a note saying the coin was on its way?
I don't know many business' that use a faith based model for selling stuff.
Well, obviously, the Trolls wouldn't ship until the coin arrived! No faith on the Trolls part required.

Dead Horse
Red Cap

Post by Dead Horse »

You guys have it wrong. The coins are priceless heirlooms showing your dedication to TLG! Keep one in your wallet for "troll checks" anyone with out a coin buys!

Seriously the coins are cool. they arent worth trading in for a discount. I am keeping them all!
Please don't beat me.
Not Worth Any Experiance Points Alive http://nwaepa.blogspot.com/

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

dachda wrote: Well, obviously, the Trolls wouldn't ship until the coin arrived! No faith on the Trolls part required.
Then I may have misunderstood your post.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Dead Horse wrote: Seriously the coins are cool. they arent worth trading in for a discount. I am keeping them all!
YES! CRUSADE ON!

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

I use my coins to represent my character casually tossing some silver on the table at the inn to pay for his meal and ale. Seems good enough for me. ;)
"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities
for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” -- E. G. G.

--------------------------------------------------
Castles & Crusades Society Member

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

redwullf wrote:I use my coins to represent my character casually tossing some silver on the table at the inn to pay for his meal and ale. Seems good enough for me. ;)

That makes me wonder how the coins bounce. Good for playing Quarters perhaps?

Peter
Red Cap

Post by Peter »

I hate USPS. The guy didn't even knock. Instead he threw the package right into my door making a loud bang.
Peter's Guide to Everything Else (WIP)
Ruin (WIP)
5e Indexes
AD&D Indexes
BECMI Indexes

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Peter wrote:I hate USPS. The guy didn't even knock. Instead he threw the package right into my door making a loud bang.
I've that problem with UPS, who tend to leave packages on the doorstep in the Oregon rain, without even ringing the doorbell. My USPS mail carrier is awesome though, always wraps up packages in a plastic bag if I'm not home and it is raining.

Guess a lot depends on the individual who actually makes the delivery to your door.

Demiurge
Red Cap

Post by Demiurge »

I got mine today. USPS pulled into my driveway and honked the horn to get me to come out and get it. #Lazy
Find me on the Google+

My GM badges
ImageImageImageImage
Get yours here

JediOre
Red Cap

Post by JediOre »

Demiurge wrote:I got mine today. USPS pulled into my driveway and honked the horn to get me to come out and get it. #Lazy
I'm seeing a smart mailman training his customers! :lol:

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Got mine and the book looks fantastic. Very well done inside and out.

Great cover art!!

:P
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth