ICharacter Sheet ~ Castles & Crusades (Available)

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

ICharacter Sheet ~ Castles & Crusades (Available)

Post by Troll Lord »

ICharacter Sheet ~ Castles & Crusades
(From Digital Adventures)

Troll Lord Games and Digital Adventures are very happy to announce the creation of ICharacter Sheet for Castles & Crusades. No more scribbling mistakes or erasing holes in your paper sheet, the iCharacter Sheet – Castles & Crusades puts all of your character’s stats, abilities, powers, equipment, powers, and campaign history at the touch of your fingertips.

With six different tabs to input your information the Isheet for C&C will be the perfect character tracking tool. These are: Main (Stats, Attack, Defense, Saves, Hit Points), Equipment and Henchman (track your gold, treasure, gear and who your friends are), Spells, Spell Books, Magic Items (for spell casters and extra magic affects) Descriptions, Background (all notes on your character and his adventures) Campaign Notes (general notes to keep up with the ongoing adventure), Optional CKG Rules (rules extracted from the CKG).

This Isheet will be available on PC or Mac and also available in the Itunes store as an AP.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: On the Anvil: ICharacter Sheet ~ Castles & Crusades

Post by Tadhg »

Very, very interesting!! :P
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

ahwendorf
Henchman

Post by ahwendorf »

Any idea when this'll be available? Or did I just miss it (which is entirely possible).

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Its been submitted to Apple already. Shouldn't be but a few more weeks.

The PC version should be out soon!

Steve

Drygur
Mist Elf

Post by Drygur »

Great! Do you already know the price for the app in the store?
Drygur - Minstrel Lord of The Dungeon Singers, Margrave of The Castles & Crusades Society

StuartW
Skobbit

Post by StuartW »

It is priced at $3.99 and the iPad version is available now! The Mac native version will be the same price and is currently in review, so watch this space...

Stuart

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Trollzah! As Stuart mentioned, the Windows version is out, and one available from Itunes as well:

Windows!

Itunes!

The Troll Lord!

Evilbeeker
Mist Elf

Re: ICharacter Sheet ~ Castles & Crusades

Post by Evilbeeker »

Here is the official press release from Digital Adventures folks! Please spread the word!!

Special thanks to all the TLG staff for their help in getting this project completed!

########################################
Now take your Castles & Crusades character wherever your iPad or Windows laptop or PC!

Digital Adventures, innovative designers of RPG applications for nearly a decade, and Troll Lord Games is proud to present our second in our line of RPG character sheets for the Windows under the iCharacter Sheet brand: iCharacter Sheet - Castles & Crusades. This app contains a detailed character sheet that has everything you need to bring your C&C character to the gaming table. No more scribbling mistakes or erasing holes in your paper sheet, the iCharacter Sheet - Castles & Crusades puts all of your character's stats, abilities, powers, equipment, and campaign history at the touch of your fingertips.

Features for this app include:

* Free version is available to test drive! This version cannot save characters, or export them for printing.
* Six different tabs to input your information: Main (Stats, Attack, AC, Hit Points, Combat), Items (Equipment, Treasure, Henchmen), Magic (Magic Items, Spells, Spellbook), Details (Character History, Portrait, Adventure Record, Options (Castle Keepers Guide), Notes (Race & Class Abilities, Campaign Notes)
* Import an image for your character from your iPad's Photos or any Windows pic.
* Multi-line entry system that scrolls down to give a larger entry window.
* Pop-up equipment, spells, and magic item entries to give you more entry information.
* Export your iCharacter Sheet to an HTML file that you can email to yourself for printing or to your Castle Keepter. This feature is disabled for our FREE version.

Future upgrades to this app are in the works to further broaden functionality and add additional tools for the C&C player. It is important to note that the iCharacter Sheet - Castles & Crusades is not a character generator, and contains no coded or database driven C&C rules or game information. All FULL version of the iCharacter Sheet - Castles & Crusades product are only $3.99!

Links for iPad versions:
FULL: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/icharact ... ?mt=8&ls=1
FREE: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/icharact ... ?mt=8&ls=1

Links for Windows Versions:
FULL: http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... rs_id=3588
FREE: http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... rs_id=3588

Screenshots:
http://www.digitaladventures.net/promo/CnCpromo1.png
http://www.digitaladventures.net/promo/CnCpromo2.png
http://www.digitaladventures.net/promo/CnCpromo3.png
http://www.digitaladventures.net/promo/CnCpromo4.png
http://www.digitaladventures.net/promo/CnCpromo5.png
http://www.digitaladventures.net/promo/CnCpromo6.png

The iCharacter Sheet - Castles & Crusades is an input-only tool, per legal usage as outlined by Troll Lord Games. The iCharacter Sheet brand and iCharacter Sheet - Castles & Crusades application product are trademarks of Digital Adventures, LLC and Troll Lord Games, ©2011, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This product's format, programming code, and presentation is copyrighted by Digital Adventures, LLC and its partners and licensors.
Kevin Melka
Digital Adventures, LLC
http://www.digitaladventures.net
[email protected]
Twitter: @evilbeeker

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

How is it licensed; can I buy it and run it non-concurrently on multiple machines? Is there a limit to how many characters I can store? Do they just get saved to a file that I open with ICharacterSheet?
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

StuartW
Skobbit

Post by StuartW »

The cost of $3.99 is for one install, for one user, on one device, but allows unlimited numbers of characters to be stored and also allows you to email them as HTML character sheets (non-editable) to your CK and/or friends. You can download the free version to any machines without limit, but it doesn't save character sheets (they are lost when you exit the app) and you cannot email your characters.

The free version is a great way to test-run the app to see if you like it, and is available across all of the platforms: iPad, Windows and Mac (when the latter is launched, very soon).

I hope that helps

Stuart

Evilbeeker
Mist Elf

Post by Evilbeeker »

The iCharacter Sheet - Castles & Crusades for the MAC is now available from the MAC App Store!

Full
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/icharact ... 1541?mt=12

Free Test Version
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/icharact ... 2505?mt=12

Enjoy!!!
Kevin Melka
Digital Adventures, LLC
[email protected]

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Is anyone else having problems with the email feature of this program?

The program somehow defaults to microsoft outlook which I don't use (it's not configured and I don't want to).

Is there a way to export the files and attach them manually to my regular email prog.?

Attention program owners/writers:

Treebore the Ruby Lord (not sure of his exact email addy) has sent emails to your support addy and has not received any replies. He too is having email issues.

Many thanks!

:)

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Email opens in Thunderbird for me, but I have it set as a default in default programs in control panel.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

StuartW
Skobbit

Post by StuartW »

Email on the PC version uses a facility called MAPI, which should start your default email client software automatically. However, if you use a webmail service, then you *won't* have any default client software (because you use a browser, not an email client), so it cannot launch it.

An alternative is to set up a lightweight email client (such as Windows Live Mail) to connect to your webmail service, and make sure that client is set as the default in the Control Panel.

Hope that helps

Stuart

Evilbeeker
Mist Elf

Post by Evilbeeker »

If this is the email I'm thinking about, I sent several replies regarding the email issue with no response. Please check your spam box or block list.

Stuart's response is what my reply would have been. If there are further questions please let us know.
Kevin Melka
Digital Adventures, LLC
[email protected]

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Many thanks for the responses.

I've got my email working now.

Quick question, though - where my current chars stored?

Can't seem to find them.

If I can get Treebore to send me his char sheet, I wish to place it into the correct folder, so I can access it.

Also, I'll contact Treebore to see if he has received the email responses.

Thanks.

:P

StuartW
Skobbit

Post by StuartW »

The character data is stored in a .DAT file in My Documents, with all characters being stored in a single file. The best way to exchange character sheets, for viewing, is by email (once you have the email client set up), as we don't support manual editing of the .DAT file and its layout is not guaranteed to remain the same between versions of the software.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

StuartW wrote:The character data is stored in a .DAT file in My Documents, with all characters being stored in a single file. The best way to exchange character sheets, for viewing, is by email (once you have the email client set up), as we don't support manual editing of the .DAT file and its layout is not guaranteed to remain the same between versions of the software.
Stuart, many thanks!!

I sent Treebore the info that you and Evilbeeker posted and he was able to set up his email and sent me his char sheet.

Excellente!!

One followup question if I may:

I see the cut/copy/paste functions under the EDIT menu . . but how does one use them?

8-)

StuartW
Skobbit

Post by StuartW »

The cut/copy/paste commands (and the keyboard shortcuts, ctrl-x, ctrl-c and ctrl-v) work in any editable text field. I use them to copy spell text from a PDF to the character sheet, for example.

Cheers

Stuart

Evilbeeker
Mist Elf

Post by Evilbeeker »

Thanks for all the good questions/feedback guys. This sort of community interaction really helps us build you a better product. 8-)

One note, Digital Adventures has a new webiste and on our Resources page I've posted some exported C&C characters for people to look at as examples or even to use in your game. Special thanks to Jason (Breakdaddy) for his contributions. ;)

In fact, if you would like to display your character please send/export it to [email protected] and I'll put it up for everyone to download. I would love to develop a pool of character examples for folks to see and use in a pinch for their game. Let's make the iCharacter Sheet C&C the DEFAULT character sheet for trolls everywhere!!! :mrgreen:

Cheers!
Kevin Melka
Digital Adventures, LLC
[email protected]

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

Evilbeeker wrote:Thanks for all the good questions/feedback guys. This sort of community interaction really helps us build you a better product. 8-)

One note, Digital Adventures has a new webiste and on our Resources page I've posted some exported C&C characters for people to look at as examples or even to use in your game. Special thanks to Jason (Breakdaddy) for his contributions. ;)

In fact, if you would like to display your character please send/export it to [email protected] and I'll put it up for everyone to download. I would love to develop a pool of character examples for folks to see and use in a pinch for their game. Let's make the iCharacter Sheet C&C the DEFAULT character sheet for trolls everywhere!!! :mrgreen:

Cheers!
First off, great program (particularly handy on the iPad, though I have the Mac version as well).

Now, regarding future releases. I noticed that the example characters you posted on your site were available in PDF format. Will iCharacterSheet (both desktop and iPad) support direct PDF export in the future? If I could throw my 2 cents into the hat for future features, that would be the one I would find most useful.

EDIT: And, 1) The ability to change the fill-in font type and size. This for both the iPad and Desktop version, 2) The ability to resize the window on the Desktop version.
"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities
for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” -- E. G. G.

--------------------------------------------------
Castles & Crusades Society Member

Evilbeeker
Mist Elf

Post by Evilbeeker »

Hey Red,

In the beginning we wanted to have a PDF export; however, the hang-up with that is Windows. iOS and MAC platforms have native PDF support, but Windows does not. Without the native support it was very difficult to do PDF as an export device. We do hope we can offer this in the future, but for the moment the current HTML system was the best option for making things work on all three platforms. There have been talks about native PDF support for Windows 8, but they said the same thing three years ago for Windows 7 and it never happened. Stay tuned ...

As for the fonts, that is something we worked through quite a bit during development and I think it was touched on before in this thread or another one. To make it short, we are limited to a group of fonts native to the three platforms. As for the sizes, that is something that is still under discussion.

Window resizing ... that is on our list of possible improvements. I know there is a reason we could not do it at this time, I just don't remember what it is. Perhaps Stuart can clarify. ;)

Thanks again for your comments Red. We're definitely listening and doing everything we can to make this a better product. :)
Kevin Melka
Digital Adventures, LLC
[email protected]

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

Evilbeeker wrote:Hey Red,

In the beginning we wanted to have a PDF export; however, the hang-up with that is Windows. iOS and MAC platforms have native PDF support, but Windows does not. Without the native support it was very difficult to do PDF as an export device. We do hope we can offer this in the future, but for the moment the current HTML system was the best option for making things work on all three platforms. There have been talks about native PDF support for Windows 8, but they said the same thing three years ago for Windows 7 and it never happened. Stay tuned ...

As for the fonts, that is something we worked through quite a bit during development and I think it was touched on before in this thread or another one. To make it short, we are limited to a group of fonts native to the three platforms. As for the sizes, that is something that is still under discussion.

Window resizing ... that is on our list of possible improvements. I know there is a reason we could not do it at this time, I just don't remember what it is. Perhaps Stuart can clarify. ;)

Thanks again for your comments Red. We're definitely listening and doing everything we can to make this a better product. :)
Can you just put PDF export in the iPad and Mac versions and tell the Windows folks "Sorry, call Microsoft and request that they natively support one of the most common and prolific document formats, like everyone else." ;)

Ah, anyway, keep up the great work and thanks for the response.

P.S. I found that by adjusting the scaling with my printer when I open the HTML export in a browser, I can "print to PDF" so the pages produce correctly. So, that's a work around for the time being.
"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities
for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” -- E. G. G.

--------------------------------------------------
Castles & Crusades Society Member

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Can you just put PDF export in the iPad and Mac versions and tell the Windows folks "Sorry, call Microsoft and request that they natively support one of the most common and prolific document formats, like everyone else."
They did. In Vista (at least, perhaps even earlier). And then they got sued. Well, for that and several other things, so they pulled it. Lucky enough the OS natively unzips these days, yet people still rush out to get WinZip. Although, really, there are numerous better options...

Oh well, I'll shut up.

Don't have this app and can't see myself ever needing it, but for those who do... I hope its cool.

Evilbeeker
Mist Elf

Post by Evilbeeker »

redwullf wrote:Can you just put PDF export in the iPad and Mac versions and tell the Windows folks "Sorry, call Microsoft and request that they natively support one of the most common and prolific document formats, like everyone else." ;)

Ah, anyway, keep up the great work and thanks for the response.

P.S. I found that by adjusting the scaling with my printer when I open the HTML export in a browser, I can "print to PDF" so the pages produce correctly. So, that's a work around for the time being.
One of our primary goals with the iCS brand is to have an identical application on all supported platforms, but we can definitely talk about it. We're starting to build up a list of options and improvements for the application, and this is already on the list. ;)

As for printing and scaling, I think I'm going to add something to our support page for this just to make it clear to everyone.

Thanks Red, and enjoy the app! If you feel so inclined, send me some of your characters for our website! :)

Cheers,
Kevin Melka
Digital Adventures, LLC
[email protected]

Arakor
Hlobane Orc

Post by Arakor »

Kevin ... do you want the HTML files or PDF versions?
I've got 13 first level characters (one per class) that I can send you.

Evilbeeker
Mist Elf

Post by Evilbeeker »

Arakor wrote:Kevin ... do you want the HTML files or PDF versions?
I've got 13 first level characters (one per class) that I can send you.
Either is fine, I can spit them out to PDF if needed. If you send me the export just make sure the image is attached! If you send the PDF just make sure it is scaled so there are no blank pages, as I don't have a full version of Adobe to remove them from the PDF.

Thanks!!!
Kevin Melka
Digital Adventures, LLC
[email protected]

Arakor
Hlobane Orc

Post by Arakor »

Evilbeeker wrote: Either is fine, I can spit them out to PDF if needed. If you send me the export just make sure the image is attached! If you send the PDF just make sure it is scaled so there are no blank pages, as I don't have a full version of Adobe to remove them from the PDF.

Thanks!!!
Incoming!!!!
PDF versions on their way, all properly scaled and rendered.

Evilbeeker
Mist Elf

Post by Evilbeeker »

Arakor wrote:Incoming!!!!
PDF versions on their way, all properly scaled and rendered.
My mailbox nearly exploded! :shock:

Note to self ... reallocate more disk space email account.

Thank you sir!
Kevin Melka
Digital Adventures, LLC
[email protected]

Ronin77
Red Cap

Post by Ronin77 »

Any chance we could see something for the Kindle in the future?
Joey Mullins AkA GamingRonin
My Gaming Blog http://gamingronin.blogspot.com/

Gritty6 (epic6)