Monsters & Treasure 5th Printing on Kickstarter now!

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
timburns
Ulthal

Monsters & Treasure 5th Printing on Kickstarter now!

Post by timburns »

Monsters & Treasures: Soft Open!

We are "officially" launching our Castles & Crusades Monsters & Treasure Kickstarter at 4pm Eastern Time this Sunday (the 28th) but once again, we are having a "soft" opening to give the early birds a little extra!

Because you are a grizzled veteran of the Dens and have signed up for our newsletter or backed a previous Kickstarter, you are invited to help us kick this dungeon door down and FUND the Kickstarter!

Pledge $45.00 or more BEFORE the official launch time, that is before 4PM Eastern, the 28th. If you do, you will receive, at no extra cost, an official Castles & Crusades Flash Drive, that includes digital copies of the following books: Monsters & Treasure, 5th printing, CKG 3rd printing, Players Handbook, 8th Printing (due out in 2019), one adventure, the official C&C Bottle Opener, and the C&C Coin.

HELP US FUND TODAY! JOIN THE FRAY! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/67 ... ref=2ut1nz

maximus
Lore Drake

Re: Monsters & Treasure 5th Printing on Kickstarter now!

Post by maximus »

I heard about this via email, and being a "grizzled veteran" I was invited to get in early. That's great, I like TLG and C&C, and love Monster books. However, after seeing this posted here, and seeing the same advertisement on Social Media, it looks as if everyone was invited to get in early. Seems sort of misleading and takes a bit of the excitement out of it for me. If everyone is eligible, fine. Just say so. Don't make a big deal about being an email subscriber, previous kickstarter backer, and "veteran" if none of those things really matter.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Your only eligible if your "early". Being the early bird makes us special.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Treebore wrote:Your only eligible if your "early". Being the early bird makes us special.
:shock: I'm not quite sure how to take that...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Treebore wrote:Your only eligible if your "early". Being the early bird makes us special.
There's a link on their Facebook page anyone can access, unless I'm looking at this wrong.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

I guess they could reword it:

Because you are a grizzled veteran of the Dens and have signed up for our newsletter or backed a previous Kickstarter or are on Facebook or read forums or are carbon-based or have a pulse or are not some kind of semi-intelligent creature that evolved from a sandwich someone left in the refrigerator for 3 months or maybe if you are, I mean, it's a Kickstarter and it only funds if we have enough people...
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Aergraith wrote:I guess they could reword it:

Because you are a grizzled veteran of the Dens and have signed up for our newsletter or backed a previous Kickstarter or are on Facebook or read forums or are carbon-based or have a pulse or are not some kind of semi-intelligent creature that evolved from a sandwich someone left in the refrigerator for 3 months or maybe if you are, I mean, it's a Kickstarter and it only funds if we have enough people...
Now this I like!

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

Yeah, we made two tactical errors in this scenario. One we let the cat out of the bag in social media too early. It was just a mistake on our part; we simply forgot what we had said to do. This happens sometimes when we are all working on one thing and we just simply forget the plan. Second, we were supposed to end the soft opening today instead of tomorrow (sunday).

It was not meant to be snarky or disingenuous, it's just Trolls being Trolls. Well meaning but daft. :-)

Anyway, it has funded so this will be happening! Now what's left is the stretch rewards and making this thing even better!

spudeus
Ungern

Post by spudeus »

I'm sure I was one of many, but remember posting right here that I'd love to see a combined monster tome. Bravo! I just pledged and look forward to this.

Hoping for an expanded Gods & Monsters at some point, also.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

spudeus wrote:I'm sure I was one of many, but remember posting right here that I'd love to see a combined monster tome. Bravo! I just pledged and look forward to this.

Hoping for an expanded Gods & Monsters at some point, also.
Yeah, when I saw the KS, I was wondering if it was the Trolls finally listening to our conversations. Steve apparently listened to somebody. Since this is also going to apparently be pure Monsters, I would like Steve to take the name change suggestion to "Crusaders Bestiary" very seriously.

Tim, if your still following this, put that bug in Steve's ear, VERY loudly.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

Ok so in typical Troll style, the opening page to the Kickstarter reads "Monsters Treasure". Should it read "Monsters & Treasure"?

Hand-slaps face.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Snoring Rock wrote:Ok so in typical Troll style, the opening page to the Kickstarter reads "Monsters Treasure". Should it read "Monsters & Treasure"?

Hand-slaps face.

Yep. Upon further reading Treasures will be included as well. So definitely should read that way.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Steve speaks about the KS and Tomb versus Tome...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSUelOh ... e=youtu.be

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Tomb of the Unclean sounds totally kickass. Just saying.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Any updates on this?

Thx.

:ugeek:
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Mediapig71
Skobbit

Post by Mediapig71 »

Has a release date for this book been announced?

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I thought August might have been mentioned (for M&T) at one point, but don't take that as official. That's above my pay grade. ;)

Telhawk
Hlobane Orc

Post by Telhawk »

I am quite aware that it's been a hell of a long time since this thread was updated, but I was wondering if there was any forward progress on Monsters & Treasure fifth printing's arrival date. Mr. Chenault, on Fantasy Grounds Fridays (Feb. 2018) indicated that the book would be a considerably larger arrangement combining the contents of several books, allowing access to a much larger number of enemies/encounters from a single reference point. This sort of thing is of considerable interest to me, and wondering how close - after the last post, closing on a year ago - the book's arrival might be.

All thanks for the attention on this.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Telhawk wrote:I am quite aware that it's been a hell of a long time since this thread was updated, but I was wondering if there was any forward progress on Monsters & Treasure fifth printing's arrival date. Mr. Chenault, on Fantasy Grounds Fridays (Feb. 2018) indicated that the book would be a considerably larger arrangement combining the contents of several books, allowing access to a much larger number of enemies/encounters from a single reference point. This sort of thing is of considerable interest to me, and wondering how close - after the last post, closing on a year ago - the book's arrival might be.

All thanks for the attention on this.
The final pdf is out. As of 3/4 this was being sent to the printer. No word since then.

Telhawk
Hlobane Orc

Post by Telhawk »

Nice! Much appreciated on the present-update statement; while I stand very much by the PDF use, I really prefer something I can hold in my hands. Will be checking the online availability, and hoping the FLGS gets some indication as to definite arrival date/s.

BigJackBrass
Mist Elf

Post by BigJackBrass »

I take it that the PDF is currently only available to backers of the Kickstarter? The ones on DrivethruRPG and the TLG store seem to be 4th printing.

Telhawk
Hlobane Orc

Post by Telhawk »

BigJackBrass wrote:I take it that the PDF is currently only available to backers of the Kickstarter? The ones on DrivethruRPG and the TLG store seem to be 4th printing.
Fair point, BJB; with the small arrangement of Kickstarters I've been involved with to this point (one of them being TLG's Free City of Eskadia), I do understand that the backers get a bit of go-ahead on PDF access, as well as hard-copy deliveries and "Ooh, tasty little num-nums" extras. All that stated, it's also been true that the general RPG buying public does get the chance to pick this stuff up at some future point, hopefully before the next calendar year has started. Again, just hoping that Messers Chenault and/or associated TLG staff can give us a telescope-viewable point where this work, with all its additions and addendum, might be making its way in our direction.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Their recent Twitch channel bit from yesterday covers this and a few others.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

BigJackBrass
Mist Elf

Post by BigJackBrass »

Go0gleplex wrote:Their recent Twitter channel bit from yesterday covers this and a few others.
Do you happen to have a link to a specific tweet? I've searched the timeline and can't find anything. Thanks.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

I believe he meant Twitch, not Twitter.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Telhawk
Hlobane Orc

Post by Telhawk »

Buttmonkey wrote:I believe he meant Twitch, not Twitter.
Thank you for the clarification - tried it on Twitter and ended up being inaccessible. Twitch does work, although the lockups, which can go on for upwards of a minute at a time, are endless. In any case, the information is available, and Steven does confirm that M&T fifth printing should be out "in the next couple of months," if I'm phrasing correctly. So, just sighing, doing the thumb-twiddling thing and waiting for stuff to come out.

BigJackBrass
Mist Elf

Post by BigJackBrass »

Buttmonkey wrote:I believe he meant Twitch, not Twitter.
Ah, thank you. That's a pity.

Since it looks as though the latest versions of both the PH and M&T will be out (probably) this year I'll just stick with "C&C Condensed" for now and wait.

Persimmon
Ulthal

Post by Persimmon »

Just got my copy of the omnibus M&T today and I must say I'm quite pleased with it. It's just nice to have all (or nearly all) the monsters in one place. The artwork is a bit uneven at times, but there's a fair amount of it. I also like how the treasure tables are laid out; I had forgotten that from my old M&T, which I sold a couple years back. The rest of my new (old) books should be arriving in the next couple days, which should hold us over until whenever the new CKG & Spellbook thing drop later this year. So psyched to be diving back into C&C again. Now I'm wondering why I left.. :?:
Behind closed eyes, realize your sight....