Lore Drake

Re: New Mobile Version of the Forum

Post by maximus »

Looks great so far!

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Why did it switch me to Mobile when I signed on? I'm on a desk top.
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

The new mobile version is a vast improvement on the full style when using my cell phone. One improvement would be an easier (or at least more direct) way to page through a thread's pages. Right now, you have to click on the gear icon and then click on a page number or a page forward button. I'd like the page forward/back buttons to be available without going to the gear menu. Other than that, I am really impressed.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

arcanechimera wrote:
Arduin wrote:Why did it switch me to Mobile when I signed on? I'm on a desk top.
Did you click link to switch to mobile style once to test it? It remembers your setting in a cookie, so once you have switched to mobile style it will always show mobile style until you click the link to switch back to desktop style.
Nope. It just switched a half a second after I logged on. I've made my choice so its staying on desktop mode but it glitched the first time. I'm broadcasting Ubuntu

House Rules

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

arcanechimera wrote:
Arduin wrote:
arcanechimera wrote:
Arduin wrote:Why did it switch me to Mobile when I signed on? I'm on a desk top.
Did you click link to switch to mobile style once to test it? It remembers your setting in a cookie, so once you have switched to mobile style it will always show mobile style until you click the link to switch back to desktop style.
Nope. It just switched a half a second after I logged on. I've made my choice so its staying on desktop mode but it glitched the first time. I'm broadcasting Ubuntu
You're broadcasting Ubuntu, so you're using Firefox as well right? Well, it should stay in desktop mode now that you chose it. Unless you delete your cookies.
Yep, FF. Yes, It's fine now that I've chosen.

House Rules

Itlas
Mist Elf

Post by Itlas »

It is very good but personally I truly suffer the absence of the View unanswered posts | View active topics section which I always check instead than opening all the sections and topics.

Itlas
Mist Elf

Post by Itlas »

arcanechimera wrote:
Itlas wrote:It is very good but personally I truly suffer the absence of the View unanswered posts | View active topics section which I always check instead than opening all the sections and topics.
In the mobile site just click on the magnifying glass in the upper right. From there you can:
View your posts
View unanswered posts
View unread posts
View new posts
View active topics
Oh Excellent!
Then let me say you did a very good job,the new mobile version is awesome and very user and mobile friendly.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Being able to go directly to the "View active topics" section would be helpful, but I found the app in general enabled me to navigate much easier than before.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

arcanechimera wrote:
maximus wrote:Being able to go directly to the "View active topics" section would be helpful, but I found the app in general enabled me to navigate much easier than before.
In the mobile site just click on the magnifying glass in the upper right to go to "View active topics".
Perfect, thanks!