So there is a C&C edition for this Kickstarter now.

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
trashheap
Ungern

So there is a C&C edition for this Kickstarter now.

Post by trashheap »

Anyone know if it's any use for me to back this if I already own the C&C Book of Familiars supplement?

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: So there is a C&C edition for this Kickstarter now.

Post by Treebore »

trashheap wrote:Anyone know if it's any use for me to back this if I already own the C&C Book of Familiars supplement?
Its going to be a "clean up" of the rules and be full color. Is that worth it to you?
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

pawndream
Red Cap

Post by pawndream »

Treebore wrote:
trashheap wrote:Anyone know if it's any use for me to back this if I already own the C&C Book of Familiars supplement?
Its going to be a "clean up" of the rules and be full color. Is that worth it to you?
What is wrong with the current iteration of the C&C rules for Book of Familiars? Are there gross mechanical issues that need addressing, or is it more of a fixing of their to there, cleaning up typos and that sort of thing?

I picked up Book of Familiars a couple of months ago and don't recall seeing anything out of the ordinary, i.e., the usual number of typographical and grammatical errors.

trashheap
Ungern

Post by trashheap »

Treebore wrote:Its going to be a "clean up" of the rules and be full color. Is that worth it to you?
Alright, it wasn't clear to me entirely that it was the same book with the name change and all. Ill have to mull on whether or not ill back it. There is a certain "Ive already crowdfunded one iteration of this book and still haven't actually used it in play yet" quality to this for me. However other people's mileage will of course vary.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

pawndream wrote:
Treebore wrote:
What is wrong with the current iteration of the C&C rules for Book of Familiars? Are there gross mechanical issues that need addressing, or is it more of a fixing of their to there, cleaning up typos and that sort of thing?

I picked up Book of Familiars a couple of months ago and don't recall seeing anything out of the ordinary, i.e., the usual number of typographical and grammatical errors.
Look up Omote's posts. This is one of his I found:

"But that is why I am sad. For this book to get the makeover, and under the careful eye of Jason Vey, us old C&Cers who purchased the original C&C version may never see an updated makeover for our favorite game, Castles & Crusades. With that awesome cover, and with the careful care of Jason Vey, an updated C&C version would be a very welcome sight indeed. I have always thought that the C&C Book of Familiars could have been one of C&Cs best books, but it falls so very short because it was not converted over properly to C&C. The original author has so much immense talent and if we could only get an corrected, updated, and revised version of this Book of Familiars (PLEASE under Jason Vey's care), it would be a big ole' box of awesome."
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

pawndream
Red Cap

Post by pawndream »

Not worth it for me. While I am sure the full color C&C version will be pretty to look at, I have a pristine, 3-month old book that has barely seen use yet. Cleaning up typos, grammatical errors, and minor rules updates is not that big of a deal to me.

Now a Tome of the Unclean Kickstarter...that would probably get my attention!

:)

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

pawndream wrote:
Now a Tome of the Unclean Kickstarter...that would probably get my attention!

:)
That shouldn't be too terribly far off. I am hoping before the end of this year to see that, as a KS. If they get it into print too, that would be great.

As for the book of Familiars, yeah, I don't feel any big need for it either. The fact that I have already maxed out my KS support for this month and next just made my decision to not back it extra easy. No one has pushed to use it, and what is there, while not perfect, is good enough for me to make something workable if I ever do end up using it.