Where to find the Victorious Ignition Event

Forum for discussion of Victorious, the upcoming Siege Engine RPG

Moderator: DMMike

D Wayne Harbison
Henchman

Where to find the Victorious Ignition Event

Post by D Wayne Harbison »

I'm curious as to where to find the story of the first supermankind igniting in the Victorious world? Was there some kind of event, or was it just something that slowly evolved? Who was the first to appear and put on the cape and cowl? Is this covered somewhere in the main book that I can't find, or is it in one of the supplements? (I own all except White City) I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Where to find the Victorious Ignition Event

Post by Traveller »

Due to a cosmic accident, superheroes from a 21st Century alternate Earth are transported through time to that Earth's 19th Century. The Earth of Victorious is an Earth where the heroes and villains of Victorian-era fiction are real. Thus it's possible to actually interact with Sherlock Holmes or Dracula. No origin story exists because one isn't strictly necessary. It can be inferred from the faux newspaper snippets that start off the character generation chapter that a cosmic event of unknown origin which appeared in 1756 over Ireland, and then reappeared - this time world wide - 125 years later in 1881, caused the birth of SuperMankind.

D Wayne Harbison
Henchman

Post by D Wayne Harbison »

Thank you. I appreciate the information.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

What Trav said. I left the first SuperMankind "native" emergence kind of vague so as to provide GM's maximum flexibility for their home games. IMC, the first actual costumed Super that was not a time traveler was Unicorn. She discovered her powers, armored up, and split time between fighting criminals and pestering Dancer to be an apprentice/sidekick. A fictionalized version of the story was published in the Capes & Clockwork II anthology from Dark Oak press.

HTH,

Mike
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com