Frankenstein Chronicles

Forum for discussion of Victorious, the upcoming Siege Engine RPG

Moderator: DMMike

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Frankenstein Chronicles

Post by Lurker »

I just stumbled onto the series "Frankenstein Chronicles " . I guess I avoided it because of the bad taste in my mouth from 'Penny Dreadful', but in at least the first 2 episodes, it look like it has potential.

Admittedly, it is decidedly ,more 'grim' than standard Victorious, but the setting is right and good subject mater for a game.

Some good examples of 'failed rolls' - the detective meeting a "Lord and Lady" in the stairwell of the House of Commons, the Lady putting out her hand - for the kiss, but he awkwardly taking it and giving it a half hearted shake (not just a fail but a natural 1 on that roll)

Extra points for it having the main character, when talking to the pimp and making up a lie on why he was armed, refer to the 95th light, the unit the main actor was in when he played the main character in the "Sharp" series -

& now that I think of it now I know where Tree got his idea for the current monsters we are fighting !
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Frankenstein Chronicles

Post by Treebore »

Lurker wrote: & now that I think of it now I know where Tree got his idea for the current monsters we are fighting !
I actually got the inspiration for Holmes from a Mutants and Masterminds write up of a DC comics villain, then just progressed from there. Never watched this series. The creations just came from my own sick mind as I fleshed out Holmes in my mind. Seemed like a good un natural progression of his skills and powers to me.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Frankenstein Chronicles

Post by Lurker »

Rgr, Didn't think you actually borrowed the idea from the show, but I found humor in watching the show with dead bodies stitched together (and hints that they can move) at the same time Roger and the rest of the ne'er do wells were fighting the same kind of monster.

I've only watched 2 episodes , so have limited info to work with but, here are ideas I can glean from the show

Of course the detective type - arch class right out of the book , maybe with some extra points in combat skills (assuming his mention of the 95th light was true)

The police detective helping him - a first level detective / side kick

The stitched together monsters - Frankenstein monsters of various strengths - I haven't seen them in action yet but one can assume

Of course the one making them - haven't seen him at all yet but again a by the book Dr. Frankenstein . Or a character that can meld skin and do super natural healing

Now to let fancies run wild

A monster 'taking' the kids to be made into the monsters. Hmmmm a monster that sneaks around in the shadows is quiet and sneaky . Plus, we can assume he has a British accent ...... he sounds kind of familiar.

Now why are the street kids helping ... A monster that can mass suggest and mind control them.

Hay, the show IS about the Monday Night Ne'er do Wells, just set in England and a bit earlier than you have us playing in your setting.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society