Size for a 'radius effect' on an entangle type power?

Forum for discussion of Victorious, the upcoming Siege Engine RPG

Moderator: DMMike

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Size for a 'radius effect' on an entangle type power?

Post by Lurker »

I have been thinking through my improvements for my character and like the idea of having my shadow entanglement becoming an 'area effect' attack, so read about the radius effect.

Approximately how big would the area be with one point added to and entangle attack for the radius effect be ?
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Size for a 'radius effect' on an entangle type power?

Post by Treebore »

Good question. I don't recall anything specific from the book on this, but I would guess it would start off as a 10 foot radius. Possibly even bigger, maybe similar to the Entangle spell. Interesting to see what Mike suggests.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Hey all,

...just imagine my disclaimer here as usual. ;)

Generally if its an area effect (radius) I use the same distance as Super-Movement. That is, rank 1 is 30 feet, rank 2 is 60, etc. only its +30 feet not doubled every rank.

An area effect (cone) would be up to 30 feet at its maximum range but around 10-15 feet at normal ranges.

BTW, what happened in Monday's game? Are we meeting again on the 17th?

Mike, who missed out because of those !@#$ students!
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

DMMike wrote:

Look for write ups. I know my daughter is writing one that will have her "catch up" on all of the sessions she has yet to do a write up for. I imagine Lurker will be doing a write up as well, since most of the session was playing cat and mouse primarily with his character. Came so close to killing him, several times. Literally just 1 or 2 points higher or lower on a given roll, and BOOOOM! Even so, that bad guy knows Rogers mind almost as well as Roger does.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

So....

Does that mean....

he's "rogered"? :lol: ;)

Mike, who couldn't resist

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

DMMike wrote:Hey all,

...just imagine my disclaimer here as usual. ;)

Generally if its an area effect (radius) I use the same distance as Super-Movement. That is, rank 1 is 30 feet, rank 2 is 60, etc. only its +30 feet not doubled every rank.

An area effect (cone) would be up to 30 feet at its maximum range but around 10-15 feet at normal ranges.

30' R, wow bigger than I planned, yeah I'll soon be spending a point to get that tacked onto my shadow entanglement !

As for what happened ... picture a black cat with bombs chasing a gray Roger Mosby mouse and getting sooooo close time and time again, but the mouse doing his best to stay ahead of the cat and tweak its whiskers when he could.

The Roger Mosby of the story is up I the normal thread.

now for another odd power thought ... and this comes from something Tree mentioned that I hadn't thought of before.

Making my shadows more controlled and dexterous able to grasp and control things ... Could I use an appendage power with my shadows to get a controllable 'tentacle' . That way I can have something to move pick things up and move them (maybe pulling items into the shadows) ... I figure it attacking would be the entangle, so I guess a more refined and controlled ability .

I had actually never thought of it, but Tree mad a passing remark and that seed stuck and grew ...
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

C&C Society

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

I never get radius right, so when I say that I mean 30 feet from one edge to the other. Is that radius or diameter?

Re: tentacles

(Usual disclaimer)

If you're wanting to control remotely, I'd suggest psycho-kinesis instead of appendage unless you're wanting to limit it to shadows that are actually in contact with you.

Read the fiction, cool stuff!

Mike

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

DMMike wrote:I never get radius right, so when I say that I mean 30 feet from one edge to the other. Is that radius or diameter?

(Usual disclaimer)

If you're wanting to control remotely, I'd suggest psycho-kinesis instead of appendage unless you're wanting to limit it to shadows that are actually in contact with you.

Mike
Radius is from the center to the outside edge. Diameter is the entire distance across the circle.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Ok, in that case its 30 feet diameter. But in the end its Treebore's call?

Mike

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

DMMike wrote:I never get radius right, so when I say that I mean 30 feet from one edge to the other. Is that radius or diameter?

(Usual disclaimer)

Mike
30' D is still bigger than I imagined, so when I do the upgrade, 1 point worth will be enough

I think having any shadow I can see and control would fit better instead of one touching me. With that, this is why I ask these questions ... I'd never have thought of Psy-Kin . I like it though ... Thanks

C&C Society