Crickets chirping

Discussion of the pulp roleplaying system, including hard-boiled detectives, fedora-wearing action heroes, and steampunk gadgeteers rocketing to battle.
old school gamer
Red Cap

Crickets chirping

Post by old school gamer »

Seems kind of quiet on these forums. Anyone playing Amazing Adventures...?

RunningLaser
Mist Elf

Re: Crickets chirping

Post by RunningLaser »

Not playing, but would love to. Starting a dungeon crawl game using CC for my friends. First time CK:) Heck, I've hardly have GM'd anything over the past (almost) 30 years. I'll see about starting up some AA at some point.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

We played this game recently and all of us enjoyed it:

http://www.trolllord.com/forums/viewtop ... 23&t=15812

:)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

old school gamer
Red Cap

Really like your campaign setting. This is the kind of urban fantasy that I can get into.

RunningLaser
Mist Elf

Post by RunningLaser »

Right now, I'm running my friends through C&C's Dark Journey to get the hang of running a game. In the 30 years or so I've been playing, I've run only a couple of games.

Anyways, after that. Going to have them roll new characters and start them on a hex crawl in Rob Conley's Blackmarsh. I'm thinking of toying with the setting- having a nazi occupation force that got to Blackmarsh via a weird science! (or foul sorcery!) dimesional gateway looking to loot at much Viz as they can for their nefarious schemes. Point being- once I start that, I think I'll mix and match from AA and CC.

I think I might have to throw in some dinosaurs too.

old school gamer
Red Cap

Reminds me of the old fantasy wargame where a Nazi SS patrol ran into the forces of the Evil High Priest. How much damage does a panzerfaust do to a troll?

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Sorry I haven't been around, folks. I'm totes not ignoring people. Just WAY too much social media to keep up with, plus working 3 jobs (one of which is a full plate for TLG!)

Morwen
Henchman

Post by Morwen »

Wow, 2016.
So, yes, we're playing. I haven't checked these forums in so long I actually had to reset my password. Amazing Adventures hadn't even been invented yet the last time I was on here. Currently I'm running AA adventures for my family, and going to start an AA campaign for the C&C group I'm in when the next C&C campaign is over. May have to start calling our C&C group's a siege-engine group.
Tess
West Side Dragon Jousters

syslibrarian
Henchman

Post by syslibrarian »

Does anyone have a game online? I'd love to just listen in to get a better feel for what an Amazing Adventure can be.