Brimstone and the Borderhounds Kickstarter

Discussion of the pulp roleplaying system, including hard-boiled detectives, fedora-wearing action heroes, and steampunk gadgeteers rocketing to battle.
Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Brimstone and the Borderhounds Kickstarter

Post by Jason Vey »

Hey, folks, in case you missed the news, our new Kickstarter for Brimstone and the Borderhounds is live!

I wrote this one as well, and it's 100% compatible with Amazing Adventures. It's got a number of new classes, a few that are from AA but have been tweaked/improved, new rules for wielding the powers of Hell, and rules for playing demon and half-demon characters (hint: they work like C&C races). I'm hoping anyone who has an itch for Urban Fantasy/Horror Gaming digs into this one. Here's the description from the KS:

For our latest thrilling SIEGE Engine game, Troll Lord Games is proud to bring to life the terrifying, exciting and action-packed universe of Hound ComicsBrimstone and the Borderhounds! Forget everything you know about the afterlife. Good guys don’t always go to Heaven and bad guys don’t always end up in Hell. The multiverse is one giant amalgam of giant corporations that humans know as afterlives. Heaven. Hell. Valhalla. The Happy Hunting Grounds. Some might look prettier than others, but in the end they’re all at war for the greatest commodity in the multiverse…Human souls.

It doesn’t matter much where you end up when you die; your lot in life is one of slave labor in one of these afterlives, doing whatever you might have done best (or didn’t know you were best at) in life. That could be constructing buildings or architecture. It could also be mopping up in a strip club. In Hell these human souls are called Weepers. Some win their freedom and earn a meager living in the dregs of society. Others try to escape, either to join terrorist groups known as Kittens, or to get out to another afterlife or even back to Earth. When that happens, crack teams of bounty hunters called Borderhounds are sent out to the Wastelands to bring them back in. The best of these teams is known as XiBalba and is led by Brimstone, the half-demon son of Hell’s Grand Architect.

Using the acclaimed and easy-to-learn SIEGE engine mechanic, the Brimstone and the Borderhounds RPG lets you play as Brimstone and his allies, as a new team of Borderhounds hunting down escaped Weepers and battling corporate espionage from other afterlives (or engaging in a little of your own), or play as a psychic, mystic, occult investigator or Earth-bound hero, battling supernatural incursions from the other worlds as our planet becomes a battleground in the greatest corporate war the multiverse has ever seen. Wield Helltech weapons, call upon Forza Infernis (the powers of Hell) or draw forth alien magic and psychic energies. The sky (or the Pit, as it may be) is the limit when you play in the world of Brimstone and the Borderhounds!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/67 ... ounds-rpg/

lobocastle
Red Cap

Re: Brimstone and the Borderhounds Kickstarter

Post by lobocastle »

I have pledged for the RPG! I look foward to it!

JLL

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Need your help, here, folks. This thing's moving WAY too slow. Pop in! Back it! Talk it up on the KS comments list! Share the link with everyone you know!

Kersus
Red Cap

Post by Kersus »

I picked up the 2017 Free RPG DAY booklet and am interested. It reminds me a bit of Gantz. I can't find a lot of current info on it. What's the scoop? After my enjoyment of Spellcraft & Swordplay I'm willing to see more Vey work.
Join the scorn. Don't hate us as the home of the SCHWA RPG. Hate us because we're Furiously Eclectic. Be wildly multifarious on our dime.