FREE AA Character Class: The Demon Hunter!

Discussion of the pulp roleplaying system, including hard-boiled detectives, fedora-wearing action heroes, and steampunk gadgeteers rocketing to battle.
Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

FREE AA Character Class: The Demon Hunter!

Post by Jason Vey »

Okay, folks, as a way to say thanks for your loyalty and just to say "Happy Halloween," we present a new free character class for AA: the Demon Hunter! Enjoy!!!

http://bit.ly/aafreeclass

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Re: FREE AA Character Class: The Demon Hunter!

Post by finarvyn »

Very cool! Jason, you da man! :D
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

lobocastle
Red Cap

Post by lobocastle »

Jason,

I like it! But, I will it is not balanced with C&C Classes. This class is far more powerful than the Paladin.

JLL

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

lobocastle wrote:Jason,

I like it! But, I will it is not balanced with C&C Classes. This class is far more powerful than the Paladin.

JLL

I disagree and would encourage you to playtest it before making that call. There's a mathematical formula that goes into building the XP progressions for these.

That being said, if you think it's too powerful, tone it down or increase the XP progression. It is, after all, designed for Amazing Adventures and/or Brimstone and the Borderhounds...which I really just threw in there to pimp the B&BH Kickstarter :p.

In all seriousness, I've long argued that the Barbarian FAR outclasses everyone else in the C&C rules (and most other fantasy systems). It doesn't matter. All that matters is whether everyone's having fun, and the power level of the classes should never be a concern where "am I having fun?" is the issue.

timsbrannan
Henchman

Post by timsbrannan »

I just downloaded it and it looks pretty good to me.

Plus it was free, so I am not going to complain about that.
I think I am going to try using it in my C&C game too.

Good job Jason!
--
Tim Brannan
The Other Side

lobocastle
Red Cap

Post by lobocastle »

Jason,

Like I said I like it. I would like to see your class reconstruction engine. I have built one and it works well for most class, but the spell castering ones.

JLL

zefron
Henchman

Post by zefron »

that is a great post ...well donee
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Thanks! Glad you enjoy it. It'll probably also be included in a future sourcebook or the next printing of AA. Possibly with the XP table tweaked a bit; I'll have to re-run the numbers and see. In any case, it should be considered an official addition. :ugeek:

anglefish
Unkbartig

Post by anglefish »

Putting together a custom class section would pretty much knock out all of my other RPGs out of the park in making AA my modern/SF/Pulp go to system.

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

anglefish wrote:Putting together a custom class section would pretty much knock out all of my other RPGs out of the park in making AA my modern/SF/Pulp go to system.
If you read the Companion carefully enough, you'll see that there are guidelines for making custom classes in there. I've also got a few thoughts about that for a coming sourcebook, but it's all nebulous so I don't want to say anything specific.