Switch to full style
Amazing Adventures is Pulp Role Playing: Hard-boiled detectives, fedora-wearing action heroes, and steampunk gadgeteers rocketing to battle . . . .
Post a reply

Amazing Advent characters for con demo?

Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:37 pm

Hello. The ol' TLG fanboy/part-time convention rep and demo runner has decided to run one AA demo at a convention in late June. 5 of our games are C&C (as it's the flag ship), but I wanted to showcase AA a little. I'm using a shorter version of the Heart of Yhtill, and am in the process of making characters. Are there any existing sample characters for this game? I need as many as 6. Raider, Arcanist, Gumshoe, Pugilist, Hooligan, and Socialite. Thanks.

Re: Amazing Advent characters for con demo?

Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:13 pm

I'll post some stat blocks for characters by the end of the day Saturday. Will try tonight if I can--the wife is working late, so I should have some quiet time in the house to bang some things out.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:57 pm

Don't kill yourself trying to get it done. lol I've been working on them a bit. I used one trait per character instead of two (sometimes it was hard to find ones I felt were right for each character). I may ignore backgrounds and skills for now. I started each character w/maximum fate points, and I'm trying to eyeball equipment and weapons for each class. It seems the arcanist isn't quite as restricted as a wizard, so I have to make certain he doesn't overpower the other classes. I'd post what I have so far, but I'm on cellphone internet. Thanks for your help and advice.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:22 pm

The Arcanist won't overpower the other characters--the system's been playtested and the math triple-checked.

I would honestly dump Traits before dumping Backgrounds and/or Knowledges. If you were going to use one of the three, I'd go with just Backgrounds.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Still waiting?

Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:31 pm

Tyler has the stat blocks. They were sent straight to him ages ago.

However, they will be included in the revised second printing of the game!

Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:11 am

Can you send to me too?

Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:17 am

Just got back from a convention for Troll Lord. Jason, I'm trying to recall if you sent those via e-mail or what. It's been awhile. My memory is really foggy. I've been using about 6 pregens of my own for 4-5 different con demos.
Post a reply