CKG for HH

All things about the Haunted Highlands!
Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

CKG for HH

Post by Tadhg »

So who's got this and what do you think?

I saw the thread about the editing and it's certainly a very legitimate concern, but I've always said ~ content is king.

Tree mentioned that DB7, 8 & 9 are included. What else? I think I read Darlene's map is in there.

Many thanks! :)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Re: CKG for HH

Post by tylermo »

Darlene's map isn't in the main book. This book is totally worth it. DB 1-6, plus 7,8, 9, and more. 6 has been expanded with a Fields of Battle scenario. There is more that I'm forgetting. Also, get the players guide to HH when it's in print again.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

tylermo wrote:Darlene's map isn't in the main book. This book is totally worth it. DB 1-6, plus 7,8, 9, and more. 6 has been expanded with a Fields of Battle scenario. There is more that I'm forgetting.
Right. With all those module in there, what exactly is in the CKG? Is it not like the C&C CKG or the DMG?

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

tylermo wrote:Also, get the players guide to HH when it's in print again.
Wait, what?

PH for HH?? And it's sold out??? Whoa, when and how?? :lol:

I feel like I crawled out from under a rock of Umeshti!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rhuvein wrote:
Wait, what?

The PHB and the CKG are kind of like the standard PHB and CKG, just rewritten specifically for Haunted Highlands. So the HH PHB has all the classes, etc... from the modules, such as the Conjurer you and I discussed elsewhere, as well as a players kind of primer on the setting. The CKG has all 9 HH adventures in it, as well as the monsters, magic items, Demons and Devils, etc... as well as even more setting details. There is a reason the HH CKG is 400 pages. But, it doesn't have stuff the standard CKG has, this HH CKG is completely about the Haunted Highlands. So neither of these books replace the standard versions.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:
Wait, what?

The PHB and the CKG are kind of like the standard PHB and CKG, just rewritten specifically for Haunted Highlands. So the HH PHB has all the classes, etc... from the modules, such as the Conjurer you and I discussed elsewhere, as well as a players kind of primer on the setting. The CKG has all 9 HH adventures in it, as well as the monsters, magic items, Demons and Devils, etc... as well as even more setting details. There is a reason the HH CKG is 400 pages. But, it doesn't have stuff the standard CKG has, this HH CKG is completely about the Haunted Highlands. So neither of these books replace the standard versions.
Thanks, I wasn't sure what they were and what was in them .... Oh great, now I want to spend even more money ... :?
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

You can play Orcs, Goblins, a dark Dwarf race, and the Meshkuri in the players guide. A couple of the new classes include necromancer and conjurer. It's a nice little book.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I'd like to see DB 7-9 as stand alone modules. That way I can get them without getting the whole CKG of HH.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:I'd like to see DB 7-9 as stand alone modules. That way I can get them without getting the whole CKG of HH.

R-
I can't recall if they were Kickstarter only add ons or not. If not, am sure you will get your wish one day.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Did they offer them as standalone modules in the ks? Cool.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

tylermo wrote:Did they offer them as standalone modules in the ks? Cool.
I'd have to go back and reread the KS. As far as I currently know, they are only in the HH CKG, but I don't even recall if those adventures were Kickstarter exclusives or what.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:
Rigon wrote:I'd like to see DB 7-9 as stand alone modules. That way I can get them without getting the whole CKG of HH.

R-
I can't recall if they were Kickstarter only add ons or not. If not, am sure you will get your wish one day.
Man I hope so. I love HH.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Rigon wrote:
Treebore wrote:

R-
Man I hope so. I love HH.

R-
Same here, though I am going about it in a different way. I started my son in a solo campaign in Eskadia. Soon after, he asked his uncle to join us. The two of them are half of my larger gaming group, but the other two have been unavailable for the last year or so. It's also easier to plan last-minute, which happens more often than not in our household nowadays, with just two players (one of whom lives with me!).

Anyway, the two play as Thieves in Eskadia. To bolster themselves in their quest for riches, they have allied themselves with members of the former preeminent Thieves Guild, "The Order," who would love to usurp The Middlemen -- that dastardly halfling-run thief organization. So, the guild assigned an apprentice mage and an acolyte of the the thieves' god to work with them. (Meta: The players felt that they could use some help in healing, in magic, and to take on tougher opponents and challenges.)

So, I might have them visit Mantua down the coast (DB8's adventure takes place here, though I will only use the locale and save the adventure for when they are higher level) if they so desire. I am running the campaign as an open sandbox where I give them rumors, billboard posts in town, town crier announcements, and the like and let them pursue what they want -- even if it's just to ply the thieves' "trade," picking pockets in one of Eskadia's many markets.

From what I have gathered in my reading of Casey Christofferson's posts here, on Facebook, and elsewhere, there should be more HH goodness hitting the market sometime later this year. He mentioned to me last year over Facebook that he does plan on fleshing out Yulgum Kak and its lands east of Eskadia (north of Dro Mandras/DB1-7). One could always reach out to Casey over Facebook like I did, to ask questions. He is quite cordial and affable.

Happy gaming,
Zudrak
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Zudrak, Casey's a great guy. I've met him two or three times, maybe more, at conventions here and there. The last time was a North Texas RPG Con. Always love talking to him...gaming, politics, or whatever. He's done some bang up work for Troll over the years. The HH material is quite good, and Fields of Battle is not to be overlooked.