View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Amyon Jymoon 
Red Cap

Post Amyon Jymoon
Not much traffic in the Haunted Highlands forum these days, but was wondering what some of the other CKs here have done with Amyon Jymoon, i.e., what happened to all them elves?

My early thoughts were along the lines of what happened in Middle Earth, and all the elves took off for the Gray Havens, but after slowly reading through the Codex Celtarum, thinking of something else altogether. Something sinister and fey. The elves are still around, just trapped in faery.

At any rate, was just curious how others conceived it.

Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:36 am
Red Cap

Post Re: Amyon Jymoon
Hmm...Okay. Apparently nobody has strong thoughts on the subject one way or another ;)

Or, is it that very few people are actually using this setting to run games? I know there were quite a few backers for the Kickstarter, but could it be that all those books are sitting on shelves, collecting dust, unused?

Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:03 pm
Lore Drake

pawndream wrote:
Hmm...Okay. Apparently nobody has strong thoughts on the subject one way or another ;)

Or, is it that very few people are actually using this setting to run games? I know there were quite a few backers for the Kickstarter, but could it be that all those books are sitting on shelves, collecting dust, unused?

I'm not running a Haunted Highlands campaign but am playing in one. Over at rpol.net. Not sure how that CK will handle the elf question.

Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:26 am
Battle Stag

I'm in the same boat as da dachda. Usually, in situations like these I don't like to hard code historical events in a campaign unless it's part of the story I'm running. I like these events to play out during the story, and form somewhat organically through play. For example, before a campaign I might have an idea about certain past events. But if I let those events sort of form during play, said events might fit much better with the PCs or the current story instead of getting all of the details hammered out before. It may be a way to get the PCs a little bit more involved in the story, or at least keeping the idea a mystery until the perfect time.

~O

Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:21 pm
Profile WWW
Lore Drake

My gaming has taken a hiatus as real life interferes with it. Last week, I had planned on running the next session of the Thieves in Eskadia campaign we started last spring, but all of the family was ill the Sunday after Christmas through this past weekend. So, we scrapped it along with other visiting, etc. we do over Christmas break.

What I plan to do goes along with dachda and Omote. I like to let the players talk about things they hear and make notes. I find it fun when they are wrong on small things (where the thief that double-crossed them went, where the lair of the dragon raiding the countryside is, etc.) but right on the big things (where did the Elves of Amyon Jymoon go?).

Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]