Horrible Haunted Highlands Editing....

All things about the Haunted Highlands!
dcfitch
Ungern

Horrible Haunted Highlands Editing....

Post by dcfitch »

Great setting....TERRIBLE editing for the CK Guide to the HH. Mapping issues....can't even find a room/cave on the map in the Cairns adventure. Come one guys... A $40 book should have much better quality control than this.

Portly Fighter
Mist Elf

Re: Horrible Haunted Highlands Editing....

Post by Portly Fighter »

I do agree that the editing is fairly bad, however, I feel that the awesomeness of the setting overcomes that. It is a really cool setting with plenty of space for the CK to do what he/she wishes. When I first got the CK guide to HH as a pdf I put it down after the first few pages because the editing was terrible. I ordered the physical book for completeness about 2 weeks ago and have given it another go, it has really grown on me despite the editing.

Long story short, keep on with it, I think it's worth it.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I'm with the Portly Fighter on this one. when I finally got the HH books, I was super pumped. After 20 minutes of reading I became dismayed at the less than perfect editing. I'm personally a stickler to good editing. I actually put the books down for months. But late last year I started reading them again. The are really good. The author is impressive, and the material is solid. I'm a big fan of Eskadia. The Darlene Maps for the Haunted Highlands are pretty awesome too. This is not the author or the setting's fault. And actually, the editing is not really THAT bad. Sure, there are a few 3E holdover terms that piss me right the F off, but the setting is so fun. I gotta say, and I don't do this often, but I am looking past the scares for the beauty of the setting on this one.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

pawndream
Red Cap

Post by pawndream »

I have just come to look at the typos in C&C products as Easter Eggs and don't get too worked up over it. At this point I know they will be a feature in any book I purchase, especially those from TLG. I overlook the occasional typo and focus on the content.

BTW...been reading the 5e books and I have found a few minor typos there as well. This is not something unique to TLG products: it occurs in every RPG I have ever purchased.

dcfitch
Ungern

Post by dcfitch »

I agree that it is a great setting...I started my post out with those very words. C&C is my favorite game and Troll Lords is my favorite company, but the editing on this book is far worse than I have encountered on a C&C product so far. At any rate, I plan to continue to buy and use C&C and Haunted Highlands books. I was just venting, I guess.

Falafel Brother
Mist Elf

Post by Falafel Brother »

dcfitch wrote:I agree that it is a great setting...I started my post out with those very words. C&C is my favorite game and Troll Lords is my favorite company, but the editing on this book is far worse than I have encountered on a C&C product so far. At any rate, I plan to continue to buy and use C&C and Haunted Highlands books. I was just venting, I guess.
I wouldn't say it's the worse I own, some of the older stuff is a lot worse but the trolls have got better though saying that I just tried to buy something in the newly launched online sale and there is a typo in the in 60% off voucher code, 60OFFDGITIAL it says, but it doesn't work! Fortunately I checked the google plus post which had the correct spelling

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

dcfitch wrote:I agree that it is a great setting...I started my post out with those very words. C&C is my favorite game and Troll Lords is my favorite company, but the editing on this book is far worse than I have encountered on a C&C product so far. At any rate, I plan to continue to buy and use C&C and Haunted Highlands books. I was just venting, I guess.
I don't think there's anything wrong with venting. The whole world aren't fans yet, and part of getting there is making a better product. Only part, but still part.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com