Switch to full style
All things about the Haunted Highlands!
Post a reply

Aihrde VS. Haunted Highlands Rumble...

Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:43 pm

... GO!

~O

Re: Aihrde VS. Haunted Highlands Rumble...

Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:36 pm

doesn't HH exist in Aihrde? If that is so are we going to pretend HH exists in seperate dimension as the rest of Aihrde for arguments sake

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:10 pm

Haunted Highlands. No wait, Airhde. No wait... ah crap, I can't pick.

*flips coin* Darkenfold for the win!

That Rigon, he's cray cray. ;)

R-

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:59 pm

HH for the win. I never could get into Aihrde even though I tried.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:32 am

The new Aihrde setting book coming out, with it's player's guide, and all of TLG Steve's fantastic writing is a solid contender in this bout. However, Casey's substantial writing career and setting development must be taken into account. Aihrde seems deep, and an old setting with many layers of complexity and "make-it-your-own" style adventuring. Haunted Highlands seems new, fresh, and filled with vigor just coming off the most successful TLG Kickstarter yet. Hmm, I'm still not so sure who to go with yet. It's just such an even fight.

~O

Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:01 pm

Dracyian wrote:doesn't HH exist in Aihrde? If that is so are we going to pretend HH exists in seperate dimension as the rest of Aihrde for arguments sake

I too used to think they were 1 in the same, but a few months ago It was point out that though they could be morphed together, they were different places ...

As for the 'fight' I go for Aihrde by a nose hair ;)

Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:17 pm

Lurker wrote:
Dracyian wrote:doesn't HH exist in Aihrde? If that is so are we going to pretend HH exists in seperate dimension as the rest of Aihrde for arguments sake

I too used to think they were 1 in the same, but a few months ago It was point out that though they could be morphed together, they were different places ...

As for the 'fight' I go for Aihrde by a nose hair ;)

As silly planar dimensional shifting....

With that being the case, I love the gritty feel of HH. Aihrde definitely, at least to me, has a very fantasy feel living somewhere between an almost gritty Fantasy to a high fantasy, which there is nothing wrong but the gritty feel and the blurred lines of morality, good vs evil, law vs chaos which still has order just feels more real to me.

Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:27 pm

Dracyian wrote:doesn't HH exist in Aihrde?

Yes it does. It's east of the Blacktooth Ridge . . perfect frontier country! ;)

Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:48 pm

the Trolls need to do for Inzae what they have done for Aihrde. I also think HH would fit better in Inzae.

Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:57 pm

I think my Mythic world(s) defeats them ALL equally...mwahahahaha!

Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:13 am

I am currently using both and don't have any strong preferences either way. I know Haunted Highlands better, because I actually have physical copies of the books for that setting. I use Haunted Highlands for a play-by-post game that has been running for about a year.

I started up a face-to-face game about six months ago, using Aihrde as a baseline, specifically within New Aenoch. I have digital copies of the Codex of Aihrde, but haven't really read it yet. Waiting, patiently, for the books to arrive so I can read through the material.

Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:23 pm

I'll take the Flanaess for $ 100 Alex...

Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:46 pm

maximus wrote:I'll take the Flanaess for $ 100 Alex...

Nice! :D I have added Haunted Highlands to my GH campaign, setting it rather west of the Sea of Dust. The Vestlig Sea of HH runs into the Solnor Ocean of GH -- with Frank Mentzer's Aquaria (yet to be discovered or played upon) in the middle of the Solnor. Southwest of Aquaria is where I had always imagined the lands of the Oriental Adventures hardback book to be.

Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:26 pm

Sounds awesome
Post a reply