Feline Fiends in the Castle!

Herein are gathered all the threads about those creatures that stalk our nightmares and against whom are characters must battle!
Dorf the Dwarf
Mist Elf

Feline Fiends in the Castle!

Post by Dorf the Dwarf »

My favourite monster is the rakshasa (hate what D&D 5E did to them on all fronts). Has anyone used them as villains and how?

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Feline Fiends in the Castle!

Post by Buttmonkey »

A rakshasa was the BBEG in the Gary Con C&C tournament a few years back.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Dorf the Dwarf
Mist Elf

Post by Dorf the Dwarf »

Buttmonkey wrote:A rakshasa was the BBEG in the Gary Con C&C tournament a few years back.
Cool! What was the story? I haven't played in tournaments (We don't have them here). Do these tournament scenarios have much in the way of story at all?

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

I can't remember specifics about the underlying plot. It was a one-shot adventure for conventions.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

I've never ran a mod or adventure with one, and I don't think I've ever faced on (at least I haven't know it if I did).

However, I've been doing some conversions of 1e & 2e monsters for my Masque of Red Death Amazing Adventure game and they do look like they will be fun to mess with the Raider and Demon hunter in the game. ESP, strong illusion, multiple spells, heavy spell immunities, and good (heck better than good) combat abilities.

Hmmmm tropical or subtropical forest, jungle or swamp ... yeah New Orleans and the swamps of LA just got a lot more dangerous for them !

That said, looking at the beasty, AC of 24 or 25, and spell immunity for any spell less than 8th level . Is that a bit to much ?

Hags, 7th & 9th level (so comparable) with an AC 0f 20 to 22 & only 20% to 35% spell immunity, and I've fought them before and it has been a very close fight. So with that, does the tiger devil need to be dialed back a notch ?
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Dorf the Dwarf
Mist Elf

Post by Dorf the Dwarf »

Sounds cool, Lurker!

anvil242
Hlobane Orc

Post by anvil242 »

Instead of a tiger, it could be a displaced panther. Same stats, just some local flavor