View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Question about the Amnug 
Ulthal

Post Question about the Amnug
First off, gotta say I absolutley LOVE M&T of Ahirde. Great good, rich detailed histories for all the monster as well as the treasure, awsome stuff.

Now, my question...I noticed the Amnug as 2 heads, but only seems to get one attack. Is that a misprint or an oversight? I can't think, off the top of my head, where a creature with 2 heads did not get some type of extra attack (but then, I don't know the C&C creatures as well). Are there any precedents for this this?

I'm considering increasing the XP value of the Amnug and giving that sucker 2 attacks. Has anyone else done this?

Either way, LOVE the creature. Very cool backbround and history with it, and a neat concept.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:27 pm
Battle Stag

Post Re: Question about the Amnug
I can't reply specifically, but I can that if you look at the ettin in the M&T you'll see that it has two attacks if using 1-handed weapons, but only one attack if using a two-handed weapon.

~O

Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:30 pm
Profile WWW
Mogrl

There are not many multi-headed monsters, but of them, they all get additional attacks, assuming they 1) have a natural attack to use (like a bite) or 2) have means to use them (like arms or weapon use). An ettin, for example, is a special case as each head controls an arm (and therefore, should not suffer off-hand penalties). Hydras can attack with each bite. Sometimes, the heads have to work in tandem for an effect.

One thing that is true about C&C... just because A has rule 1, rule 1 may not apply to B, even if A is B.

However, I give that creature 4 attacks. I'm mean.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:11 pm
Ulthal

Well, I did end up giving it two attacks and increased the XPs accordingly. Ran nicely. Was down to 1 HP for about 4 rounds in a row, but the half orc fighter with the +5 to hit couldn't roll over a 5, lol!!

Great fun. I'd suggest giving the monster that extra attack for sure. Definately gives it a little more bite (pun intended) :D

Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]