The Rumor Mill

Where judges gather to discuss plots, devices and the games they play.
jamesmishler
Ulthal

The Rumor Mill

Post by jamesmishler »

Rumors for the City State of the Invincible Overlord
Rumor: Followers of the outlawed Cult of Rash'l plan to assassinate Chief Magistrate Talingar as punishment for using the "heretical" law codes of the current Overlord. The guard at the Royal Court has been tripled and all spectators are searched for weapons.
Rumor: An assassin murdered Earl Pellintad of Swarthlad, a north-western shire across the Howling Hills. It is said the assassin was of the Black Lotus, and the earl was a member of the rebel Green Party, clan loyalists to the World Emperor.
Rumor: A Hill Giant is wading across the Estuary along the wrecked bridge to Barbarian Altanis. He carries a dead giant maiden in his arms and is screaming the name of one of the Player Characters...
Rumor: A large war galley from the Isles of Pokrantil, heavily laden with booty from raids, just put in at the wharves. It is said to be manned by cuthroats and outlaws from a dozen nations led by the Sverkka sorcerer known only as The Devil's Eye.
Rumor: A Knight of the Inner Circle is to be yellow-striped in the Plaza of Profuse Pleasures. They say his courage failed whilst in combat with the Ogre Murglutze, who still wields the Blade Bravado and the fair Allayne, Daughter of a wealthy magnate, in duress vile in his Dearthwood lair...

Main Man, Adventure Games Publishing
[email protected]
http://adventuregamespublishing.blogspot.com/
http://jamesmishler.blogspot.com

jamesmishler
Ulthal

Post by jamesmishler »

Rumor: Helkarulfr Split-Fang, a hill giant werewolf claiming to be of the Blood of the Fenris Wolf, was spotted in the wilderness south and east of Ashenshaft. Helkarulfr is rumored to have slain the entire population of villages single-handedly, and gathered a great horde of treasure in a vast cavern guarded by his wife, the giantess Jormunna Serpent-Tongue.

Main Man, Adventure Games Publishing
[email protected]
http://adventuregamespublishing.blogspot.com/
http://jamesmishler.blogspot.com

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: The Rumor Mill

Post by Tadhg »

jamesmishler wrote:
Rumor: A Hill Giant is wading across the Estuary along the wrecked bridge to Barbarian Altanis. He carries a dead giant maiden in his arms and is screaming the name of one of the Player Characters...

Great rumors, and the one above is hilarious. An "oh sh*t" moment for one PC! Hehe, will his fellow adventures abandon him??

Tune into next weeks game . . .

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

PayToFlay

Re: The Rumor Mill

Post by PayToFlay »

Rhuvein wrote:
Great rumors, and the one above is hilarious. An "oh sh*t" moment for one PC! Hehe, will his fellow adventures abandon him??

Tune into next weeks game . . .

My thoughts exactly!

I don't know how, I don't know when, but this will be at my table!

Ace of Swords

Post by Ace of Swords »

An old man with a crossbow and a very pregnant daughter is asking around for a man fits your friends description...

Arazmus
Ulthal

Post by Arazmus »

I hope this thread takes off.

dunbruha
Ulthal

Post by dunbruha »

Arazmus wrote:
I hope this thread takes off.

I heard a rumor that it might.

Arazmus
Ulthal