Tomb of Horrors

Where judges gather to discuss plots, devices and the games they play.
CharlieRock

Tomb of Horrors

Post by CharlieRock »

We are getting close to game night here. I will be running Tomb of Horrors. It's been awhile (over six weeks) since a PC kill and even longer (six months?) since a TPK.

They are going to have to watch their butts with this one. I went easy on them last week (changed a planned monster encounter on the fly). I don't think I can do it again so soon.

Know your roll!

jfall

Post by jfall »

Hey CharlieRock, you running this under the C&C or D&D rule set? If C&C, how's it going? I remember running through this module when I was in high school (back in the very early 80's) and thinking that it was a cruel joke.

Since saves are so much more difficult in C&C are the traps just that much more dangerous? I can't even imagine....

CharlieRock

Post by CharlieRock »

jfall wrote:
Hey CharlieRock, you running this under the C&C or D&D rule set? If C&C, how's it going? I remember running through this module when I was in high school (back in the very early 80's) and thinking that it was a cruel joke.

Since saves are so much more difficult in C&C are the traps just that much more dangerous? I can't even imagine....

This was a D&D module but I changed it out to C&C. Most of them are CL7. Saves are around same. It says it's for 9th level characters but we are using some 9th and some 10th. So they should be okay. Well, as okay as it's going to get. I took out two traps and changed a third. Now the devil head eats their gear and teleports them (like the trap further down into the dungeon) instead of annihilating them and two pits are gone.

Know your roll!

CharlieRock

Post by CharlieRock »

Three PC deaths with two overturned by Raise dead. The third death was the team cleric who got herself disintegrated.

This was the cleric player's first PC death and she got upset with her boyfriend for some reason. Oh, well. Gotta pop that cherry sometime. Might as well be on the ToH.

Know your roll!

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Yes, cherry popping is best when surrounded by friends, on camera, and broadcast live to the world. :)

Brutorz Bill
Red Cap

Post by Brutorz Bill »

CharlieRock wrote:
Three PC deaths with two overturned by Raise dead. The third death was the team cleric who got herself disintegrated.

This was the cleric player's first PC death and she got upset with her boyfriend for some reason. Oh, well. Gotta pop that cherry sometime. Might as well be on the ToH.

That's a great dungeon, I died horribly in it many many years ago! I heard the boxed set (Return to ToH) was even nastier.

W.

CharlieRock

Post by CharlieRock »

Brutorz Bill wrote:
That's a great dungeon, I died horribly in it many many years ago! I heard the boxed set (Return to ToH) was even nastier.

W.

The very first time I played that we broke the thingy in the wall and that stupid eight-ball of death started rolling around obliterating the party. I tried to run away and fell down a pit. Died.

Know your roll!

Brutorz Bill
Red Cap

Post by Brutorz Bill »

CharlieRock wrote:
The very first time I played that we broke the thingy in the wall and that stupid eight-ball of death started rolling around obliterating the party. I tried to run away and fell down a pit. Died.

Aah yes,

Precious Memories!!

LOL

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

serleran wrote:
Yes, cherry popping is best when surrounded by friends, on camera, and broadcast live to the world.

That statement... is so wrong...

What ever happened to my innocence?

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com