The Big Reveal

Where judges gather to discuss plots, devices and the games they play.
Demiurge
Red Cap

The Big Reveal

Post by Demiurge »

Have you ever let your players find out (in game) any of the real history of the Wilderlands? Did you ever let them find any working technology?
Find me on the Google+

My GM badges
ImageImageImageImage
Get yours here

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: The Big Reveal

Post by Treebore »

In any recent games? No. I suppose I could let them find some "minor" technology, like batteries, flashlights, etc... But the major stuff needs to wait until higher levels, and games rarely last to those.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Omote
Battle Stag

Re: The Big Reveal

Post by Omote »

I have, though the PCs never really put too much emphasis on the ancient past of the world. When the PCs started discovering technology, as players they understood the concepts, but the characters determined that the items were of such strange magic that they sold the items off. I was kind of pissed too because one of the technology items they found was very powerful. It was a machine that allowed them to teleport! But they got scared and sold that off. The DM was very sad (me).

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<