My first small tribute to Gary Gygax

Where players gather to discuss the setting and game!
Geoffrey

My first small tribute to Gary Gygax

Post by Geoffrey »

I will henceforth never run a game of A/D&D without having Gary somehow present in the campaign world. My next campaign will be set in the Southern Reaches of the Wilderlands, using James and Peter's great new map. I've been stocking it ever since getting it in the mail.

Here is what I've done with hex 2222, the normal text being from the old Judges Guild product, the bold text being my addition in honor of Gary:

2222 The Crumbling Castle overlooks the river. On stormy nights the ghost of its commander is rumored to walk the ramparts, hurling large stones at intruders. This rumor is only partly true. The balding and portly ghost is in fact quite amiable and congenial, being the chaotic good ghost of Gary the Conjuror who long ago built and ruled the castle, its original name of Castle Greyhawk being long forgotten. While Gary no longer can cast spells or engage in any form of attack, neither is he susceptible to any form of attack whatsoever. Gary will appear and converse with any visitors to the ruins as long as the visitors are reasonably pleasant. Otherwise he disappears with a slight shrug and a smile.